behringer bca 2000 discontinued

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's kinda inspire me to start an anti movement against any company that has this bad habit, something like if the refuse Rodolfo's driver update they can ne sued since the product is still in perfect working order but useless since there is no drive er because it's not like computers no longer have USB, even this fricking phone am using to post this message has usb anyone wanna start a petition because it's not like these companies ain't protecting theirself everytime they sell something and they even say a product will last alife if used correctly so why can't we as costumers have life time driver update as long as computer have USB,FireWire interface shame on these companies for screwing us in the long run anyone else feel the way i do
maybe if am not drunk i'll save somebody today

It's simple economics. Developing drivers is rather expensive. They have to spend big money to develop new drivers, and they get nothing in return. Doing this on a regular basis means either the products should be far more expensive, or you go out of business.

NB: making really good drivers is an art not many manufacturers are capable of.
My MusicCalc is temporary offline.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. :borg:

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hello the Behringists!

I also migrated W7 x64, I'm torn hair overnight for me to realize that it is not worth it .. ...
I have huge problems in XP x86 installation borked, multiple reboots to make it turn, but after a while and with some practice, it was fine. I thought that by tampering with the max I get to gain recognition in W7 x64, but no, sleepless night for nothing ... (for x86 cons W7 No problems!)

I'll post it on a little while I see the forums or complaints, and I suggest you bombard their technical service, perhaps only after a time and after 100 complaints, but we will perhaps 1 or 2 informaticians instantly to solve our problem!

Technical Support:>>% http://behringer-fr.custhelp.com/app/ut ... direct/ask (http://behringer-fr.custhelp.com/app/utils/login_form/redirect/ask) 252Fkw% 252Fbca2000 "

Nothing ventured nothing gained, is not it?!

Personally I find it outrageous not have evolved the drivers!

iamclarkkent wrote:i know this is an old tread but did any of you guys ever got this to work on win 7,if so how and which version of win7 32bit or 64bit.
I've got it working on Win 7, 32 bit. It won't work for 64 bit. I had to jump through a lot of hoops to get the drivers working, but here's how I did it:

1) downloaded the driver (ver 2.1.0.6) and unzipped it.
2) Right click the setup.exe file and choose "Properties", then, "Compatibility". Make sure it's running in Compatibility Mode (if so, it'll already be checked, and greyed out)
3) switch your BCA off
4) run the setup file for it
5) this is where it gets sticky... it didn't install correctly. It copied all the files to a folder: C:\Behringer
but then wouldn't complete the install. I closed the installation app.
6) I looked at the Behringer subfolder there, C:\Behringer\BCA2000 and noticed it was locked. I right-clicked it, chose "Share With --> Specific People", then chose "Everybody".
7) I opened up my Windows Device Manager and looked at the Sound Devices. It wasn't there. But there was and "Unknown Device" in "Other Devices"
8) I double clicked the Unknown Device and chose "Update Driver", then "Browse My Computer.." and pointed it to the C:\Behringer folder (make sure the "subfolders" box is checked)
9) it took awhile, but it installed the driver. But the BCA has TWO drivers, so I went back to "Other Devices", and did the same thing with "Unknown Device" again. It installed the 2nd driver. They both showed up under "Sound Devices"
10) I switched the BCA on. Ignored the fact that Windows couldn't install the driver. I went to the Behringer folder and ran the bca2kcpan application and the BCA Control Panel opened okay.
11) I rebooted the computer and the BCA Control panel now shows up in my taskbar. Be aware that Windows 7 doesn't seem to recognize the BCA as a sound device. If I go into my "Playback Devices" or "Recording Devices", it simply isn't listed. However, it does come up in Cakewalk Sonar Producer, in Reaper, Kontakt and other apps. It doesn't work with Windows Media Player, iTunes, or any apps that look for the default Windows sound device. I can't seem to figure out how to intall it as the default device, as it doesn't come up in my "Sound" settings windows.

hope this helps some. It's confusing, I know, but at least the damned thing works now.

The Behringer BCA2000 works well with Windows XP, I have 3 computers all running XP and XP Pro with no problems. Including no issues with using the USB 2.0 connection. I have not had the problems, I am using the latest Behringer BCA2000 driver from their website. It works great with Reaper DAW no issues.
It makes a great USB 2.0 sound card/ADAT interface for any XP computer.

I think people that have issues are using crappy USB adapters/cards.

I know this is an old thread but if you are still using Windows XP it is the fastest and easiest way to get the optical light-pipe ADAT 8 channels in/out of any computer whether desktop or laptop. Great for location recording. And also great for backing up those ADAT SVHS tapes onto any computers' hard drive.

The sound is very good, 24 bit converters and plenty of inputs to record and mix with and two headphone jacks to listen to the mix. But you are better off using a ADAT device with 8 ins/outs like a any ADAT machine to record into your computer using this BCA2000 interface. A great interface for ADAT without the need for installing PCI ADAT card interfaces. Also it has regular SPDIF connections optical and RCA. It makes for a fast sound card interface device.

It even has a limiter, noise gate and good slide fader/pan controls and headphone connections as well and both 1/4" audio and RCA audio connections.

The Behringer BCA2000 works very well, and has allot to offer if you can still find one used or new ?

West LA music store had them for a blow out sale on eBay for $50 new !!!

I bought one used and extra one new for backup and for my laptop to convert ADAT SVHS tapes and to record the ADAT Behringer ADA8000 interface Live with it. It works great with no problems so far.

Someone will probably come up with hacked drivers for it so it will work on the Windows 7 hopefully as mentioned above, anyone test this further ?

And Why doesn't Behringer come up with new drivers for Windows 7 and why did they dis-continue this useful good product ?

Anyone........??? :cry: :hihi: :shock:

Hello, guys! Please, excuse me for digging this thread up, but I'm facing the same struggle. I've told my friend to buy this Behringer, but none of us remembered to check if there are any updated drivers, so I feel obligated to look all over internet for any workaround :X

Has anyone managed to connect it to Win 8 x64? I've tried the solution posted earlier in this thread, but it, unfortunately, doesn't work. Do anyone have an idea how to make it work, or he's condemned to either selling this away, or installing Windows XP?

If anyone cares to reply - I'd be very grateful!
Thanks in advance, Guys ;)

Gromko

Gromko wrote:Hello, guys! Please, excuse me for digging this thread up, but I'm facing the same struggle. I've told my friend to buy this Behringer, but none of us remembered to check if there are any updated drivers, so I feel obligated to look all over internet for any workaround :X

Has anyone managed to connect it to Win 8 x64? I've tried the solution posted earlier in this thread, but it, unfortunately, doesn't work. Do anyone have an idea how to make it work, or he's condemned to either selling this away, or installing Windows XP?

If anyone cares to reply - I'd be very grateful!
Thanks in advance, Guys ;)

Gromko
I have a BCR2000 running in Windows 10 without issues, I ran the driver install for whatever the latest WinOS it supports in compatibility mode, also make sure you totally unzip the installer files. My guess is it will work.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Tried that, still no results. But thanks anyway ;)

Regards,
Gromko.

Hey, guys, it's me again :D I apologize for the double posting, but I really wish that someone sees that.

So:

We've run the BCA2000 through XP, it seems to have installed correctly, all drivers are showing up, but there's another issue (damn it, Behringer!), that is - the interface doesn't seem to get any signal. We've thried two microphones which transfer the signal correctly into the basic integrated card, but... not to the BCA. Anyone has an idea what could be wrong? Routing seems to be correct, all the knobs, buttons also seem to be set correctly. So much time has been lost already :X

Thank you in advance!
Gromko.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”