Sonic Academy Kick v2 Available now!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Kick - Nicky Romero Artist Edition Kick 2

mutantdog wrote:
murnau wrote:OP seems not to visit his own threads here? Too bad.. ..not very tempting to buy.
The official SonicAcademy forum for Kick is a bit of a ghost town too.

Its a shame cos this is probably the best plugin of its ilk but there's a few areas that could really do with improvement.
Hi guys, KICK updates at the minute are just minor bug fixes with some additional functionality thrown in.

The latest 1.12 BETA includes new click menus for sub categorising click files as well as AAX support and as mentioned some bug fixes that have been ironed out.

We've noted all of your suggestions amongst many others from across the web. If anyone is at ADE this year we have an Alpha version of a future release with us for anyone who wants to play with it.

This thing is 40% off now. Very tempted to get it.

Well worth it, in my opinion its the best plugin of its ilk. 40% is quite a big discount for them, usually they only do 25%.

It's easy if you know how

lesha wrote:How does Kick compare to Guda Audio KickR and Hinton & Fairchild BIGROOMKIX SYNTH?
though imo there's still quite some stuff missing, it's the best kick generator up to now. there's vengeance metrum, which is quite more flexible, but needs a synchrosoft dongle and is far more expensive.
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

They had this At the Amsterdam Dance Event.
Look like more features whenever this hits the DAW. Most be the Alpha version.
has Sub Control Wave Shaper, 3 click controls with pitch and length, compressor, render or generate FX?
something about an export... Well time will tell. Below it in the same pic looks like the current version under the work in progress version.

Nocturnal909 wrote:They had this At the Amsterdam Dance Event.
Look like more features whenever this hits the DAW. Most be the Alpha version.
has Sub Control Wave Shaper, 3 click controls with pitch and length, compressor, render or generate FX?
something about an export... Well time will tell. Below it in the same pic looks like the current version under the work in progress version.
Damn, that looks really nice. Really digging the waveform view.

Edit: looks like they stripped the whole Nicky Romero theme away too.

I guess that will be Kick 2 then. Looks really good, can't see it on there but hopefully there will be some sort of high pass on the clicks.

And yeah, will be good to get Nicky Romero's name off of it too.

Wooow, looks sweet (and much bigger)!

+1 for 'I want Romero gone'.

Well, the current version is skinnable, Romero can be easily gone :)
It's easy if you know how

It is still called Nicky Romero in your plugin folder. It is packaged that way as an AU.

Looking forward to the KICK update, when can we expect the release?

And Sonic Academy... don't even think about something like 'KICK Martin Garrix Edition'. Call it 'KICK'. It's more than enough. We don't need famous people endorsing it.

We will have a bit more news soon hopefully - buts its good to see you guys are excited about it. i am VERY excited about it for sure!
working hard at the minute to get things ready behind the scenes - we will hopefully have something to share in the next month or so.

RE: future versions of KICK i can confirm they will be vanilla with no branding :)

i can also confirm that we do not discount this heavily at any other time of the year, so if you want it for as cheap as possible - now is the time to get it ;)

Return to “Instruments”