BlueARP VST Arpeggiator development - let's discuss! (Apple M1 ready, 4K)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BlueARP

Just trying out v2.16 OSX VST. It doesn't seem to find the 3rd party skins that I got through your site. I have saved the .ini files into the skins folder where the vst is. Still. only the default factory skins are coming up when I hit the menu button. What am I missing?
MacPro 5,1 12core x 3.46ghz-96gb MacOS 12.2 (opencore), X32+AES16e-50

graywolf2004 wrote:
Your next suggestion is exactly the way I want to do it:
1. If step contains several keys (chord or k2+k3 for example), octave affects the lowest key
2. If step chntains just one key - octave it affects anyway
That is just perfect! :pray:

Update: BlueARP v2.17

Windows version (updated 06-Dec-2015)
http://www.graywolf2004.net/files/2/Blu ... _v2.17.zip
OSX version (updated 06-Dec-2015)

This is a bugfix release:
1. Octave step transpose bug reported by MoZi (octave affected only key1)
2. Some fixes in midi engine (stuck notes)

Dewdman42 wrote:Just trying out v2.16 OSX VST. It doesn't seem to find the 3rd party skins that I got through your site. I have saved the .ini files into the skins folder where the vst is. Still. only the default factory skins are coming up when I hit the menu button. What am I missing?
Oops... Skins are now incorporated into OSX vst (OSX vst is technically a folder).

How to add skins to OSX BlueARP:
1. Right-click on BlueARP.vst -> Show package contents. A containing folder will open.
2. Go to Contents->Resources->skins
3. Paste your skins file there

Now it will work.

graywolf2004 wrote:Update: BlueARP v2.17

Windows version (updated 06-Dec-2015)
OSX version (updated 06-Dec-2015)

This is a bugfix release:
1. Octave step transpose bug reported by MoZi (octave affected only key1)
2. Some fixes in midi engine (stuck notes)
Thanks. :tu:

Happy New Year to everyone. I'm going away for vacation, hope it will be snowy and good enough for skiing.
Some notes on my progress:
I was working on AU version of BlueARP (for OSX / Logic Pro X users). Faced a lot of technical issues, but so far so good, my project comples fine, BlueARP AU appears in Logic, but still have problems with passing MIDI out to Logic.
I found out there's new MIDI FX format of plugins in Logic. Basically it's the same AU, but it loads into special slot before the synth and no need to perform this cumberome MIDI routing via MIDI Environment. So I think somewhere in februaly 2016 MIDI FX version of BlueARP will be out. I already compiled SinSynthWithMIDI example from Apple as a MIDI FX plugin (also faced some technical issues) and made it working with Logic, so at least I have proof-of-the-concept prototype.
Last edited by graywolf2004 on Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yeah, and also I made this demo. Using ForceToScale feature of BlueARP extensively.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KOGVuElrhY

graywolf2004 wrote:Happy New Year to everyone. I'm going away for vacation, hope it will be snowy and good enough for skiing.
I was working on AU version of BlueARP (for OSX / Logic Pro X users). Faced a lot of technical issues, but so far so good, my project comples fine, BlueARP AU appears in Logic, but still have problems with passing MIDI out to Logic.
I found out there's new MIDI FX format of plugins in Logic. Basically it's the same AU, but it loads into special slot before the synth and no need to perform this cumberome MIDI routing via MIDI Environment. So I think somewhere in februaly 2016 MIDI FX version of BlueARP will be out. I already compiled SinSynthWithMIDI example from Apple as a MIDI FX plugin (also faced some technical issues) and made it working with Logic, so at least I have proof-of-the-concept prototype.
:clap:

Happy New Year and have a well-earned rest! :hug:

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

graywolf2004 wrote:Happy New Year to everyone. I'm going away for vacation, hope it will be snowy and good enough for skiing.
Very cool. This will be very handy for MainStage as well. The interesting thing about Logic is that the midi tracks record midi to the track BEFORE the MFX slot. So if someone wants to record the midi output from an MFX, they have to still route the midi out through IAC and back into another midi track. But this can at least be done in the MFX form.

As far as I know, regular AU Instrument slot does not accept the midi output at all, so other plugins I've seen usually have an option to send their output directly to an IAC port so that it can be redirected to another midi track to record it or to another instrument track, etc.

But the nice thing about MFX, if you don't need to record the arpeggiated midi output, then you can put BlueArp in the MFX slot, a regular instrument in the instrument slot...and basically use only one track for arpeggiated instrument.
MacPro 5,1 12core x 3.46ghz-96gb MacOS 12.2 (opencore), X32+AES16e-50

Hello,
first: Thank you for this great Arpeggiator!
I'm a Pro Tools 12 user, tried Blue Arp with rewiring in Reaper, fell in love with Blue Arp and would like to see it as an AAX Plugin.
As you are using WDL-OL, an AAX Target should be possible after completing the "developer application" process with Avid to download the AAX SDK.
Please give feedback to me and all the Pro Tools user (who ask for such an arpeggiator), if there is a chance that you try to port it to AAX.

Looking forward to the AU / MidiFX versions! Keep up the great work! :tu:

Hi all. No releases this weekend, but I want to share some good news anyway.
I had great vacation with skiing and learning Core Audio SDK (to create AU MIDI-FX version).
After last night and half-day today messing with xcode I can say I managed to do the major part of the 'dirty job':
- BlueARP compiles as AU MIDI-FX, it's recognised by Logic Pro X and passes logic validation test
- MIDI-IN and OUT works, so it arpeggiates as MIDI-FX already

Still have to find out how to make GUI appear, I think I have to implement some function for this. Apple changed the way host handles AU plugins (instead of Entry function now there's Factory function, which returns pointer to Lookup function, which returns pointers to all major functions like Render, GetParameter, SetParameter and so on). Also plist format has changed.
It was not reflected in my version of WDL-OL so I had to re-write some of WDL-OL code. But finally I found my way around it and got the idea how it works. Anyway, releasing MIDI-FX in feb 2016 looks quite possible.

Regarding AAX version - it's possible, but not that simple, cause I made some modifications to WDL-OL IPlug, and I have to reflect them in AAX class to make it work. And anyway to compile BlueARP as AAX I need to take some time studying AAX SDK, as it was with Core Audio and VST before. But I'll put in to my todo list.

Hi all. No releases this weekend, but I want to share some good news anyway.
I had great vacation with skiing and learning Core Audio SDK (to create AU MIDI-FX version).
After last night and half-day today messing with xcode I can say I managed to do the major part of the 'dirty job':
- BlueARP compiles as AU MIDI-FX, it's recognised by Logic Pro X and passes logic validation test
- MIDI-IN and OUT works, so it arpeggiates as MIDI-FX already

Still have to find out how to make GUI appear, I think I have to implement some function for this. Apple changed the way host handles AU plugins (instead of Entry function now there's Factory function, which returns pointer to Lookup function, which returns pointers to all major functions like Render, GetParameter, SetParameter and so on). Also plist format has changed.
It was not reflected in my version of WDL-OL so I had to re-write some of WDL-OL code. But finally I found my way around it and got the idea how it works. Anyway, releasing MIDI-FX in feb 2016 looks quite possible.

Regarding AAX version - it's possible, but not that simple, cause I made some modifications to WDL-OL IPlug, and I have to reflect them in AAX class to make it work. And anyway to compile BlueARP as AAX I need to take some time studying AAX SDK, as it was with Core Audio and VST before. But I'll put in to my todo list.

:clap:

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

This night finally made BlueARP GUI to appear in Logic Pro X (loaded into MIDI-FX slot), this was the tricky part.
BlueARP_MFX2.jpg
Still have several bugs to fix with MIDI-FX version, but so far so good, moving as planned )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Instruments”