New WAVES Plugin Black Friday Giveaway.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I can't get it to work in Reaper. I install the three Waves plugs I have: Oneknob Louder, Pumper and TrueVerb, but after that Reaper only recognizes the OneKnob plugins. TrueVerb doesn't show up. I have tried reinstalling 3 times or more. I don't know what to do,but I'm not worried either. Someday an update will come and this will be fixed, but I don't know what the Waves Mercury owners (and those 8000$ bundles owners) think about this new license manager.

Jorgeelalto wrote:I can't get it to work in Reaper. I install the three Waves plugs I have: Oneknob Louder, Pumper and TrueVerb, but after that Reaper only recognizes the OneKnob plugins. TrueVerb doesn't show up. I have tried reinstalling 3 times or more. I don't know what to do,but I'm not worried either. Someday an update will come and this will be fixed, but I don't know what the Waves Mercury owners (and those 8000$ bundles owners) think about this new license manager.
Try to move waveshell.dll to different location and restart your daw

krandr wrote:
Jorgeelalto wrote:I can't get it to work in Reaper. I install the three Waves plugs I have: Oneknob Louder, Pumper and TrueVerb, but after that Reaper only recognizes the OneKnob plugins. TrueVerb doesn't show up. I have tried reinstalling 3 times or more. I don't know what to do,but I'm not worried either. Someday an update will come and this will be fixed, but I don't know what the Waves Mercury owners (and those 8000$ bundles owners) think about this new license manager.
I moved all waveshells to my custom VST directory, but the same happens :?

I registered for it, downloaded the new License Manager, tried installing it, and it said that my old Waves plugs would be removed. Since I didn't do the WUP and knowing the pains Waves can cause, I didn't even bother proceeding. (I'm also too lazy to read through the other threads on whether I'll be able to safely re-install the old version of these plugs - don't really need another verb...just thought, since it's free might as well!)

Jorgeelalto wrote:
krandr wrote:
Maybe this thread and my last 2 posts there could help:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&start=15

Basically it'S about deinstalling and re-installing both the Waves plugins and Waves Central. I know this is a PITA but that'S how it is, at least for me and some others.
Anyway the Waves plugins are great and i hope tehy will solve issues with Waves Central ASAP.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:
Jorgeelalto wrote:
krandr wrote:
Maybe this thread and my last 2 posts there could help:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&start=15

Basically it'S about deinstalling and re-installing both the Waves plugins and Waves Central. I know this is a PITA but that'S how it is, at least for me and some others.
Anyway the Waves plugins are great and i hope tehy will solve issues with Waves Central ASAP.
Said several times, even during this thread
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... &start=165

Ingonator wrote: Basically it'S about deinstalling and re-installing both the Waves plugins and Waves Central. I know this is a PITA but that'S how it is, at least for me and some others.
I've experienced the same. My solution before this gets fixed by Waves:

1. Move your licenses to the License Cloud.

2. Uninstall Waves Central

3. Remove everything "Waves" from volume C.

4. Reinstall Waves Central

5. Choose all your licenses from the License Cloud and proceed to "Install and activate.

This is really a PITA, I absolutely agree with Ingonator. But at least it works this way.

Skorpius wrote:
Ingonator wrote: Basically it'S about deinstalling and re-installing both the Waves plugins and Waves Central. I know this is a PITA but that'S how it is, at least for me and some others.
I've experienced the same. My solution before this gets fixed by Waves:

1. Move your licenses to the License Cloud.

2. Uninstall Waves Central

3. Remove everything "Waves" from volume C.

4. Reinstall Waves Central

5. Choose all your licenses from the License Cloud and proceed to "Install and activate.

This is really a PITA, I absolutely agree with Ingonator. But at least it works this way.
Sending licenses to the Cloud is not necessary, at least for me. My procedure from the other thread is this:
Ingonator wrote:After having bought another plugin during the sale i noticed i got the same problem again. It looks like adding another single plugin afte rhaving installed others does not really seem to work properly.

This is my current procedure to get it working (after all plugins are registered and activated in Waves Central):

1.) create an offline installer with the dedicated faeture in the Waves Central (at the "install" tab). You will be able to create an installer that only incudes teh plugins you had registered at Waves

2.) Deinstall all preciously installed plugins with the dedicated feature in the Waves Central

3.) Take care that all WavesShell plugins have been deinstalled/removed, especially if you had copied it to another location

4.) Start your host and rescan. Take care that the WavesShell is no onger listed there. Then close the host again.

5.) Re-install the plugins from with the Offline Installer (the folder you have created) or Online, both available from "install" at Waves Central

6.) Copy the installed WavesShell plugin to another folder if needed.

7.) After starting the host and re-scanning the plugins the Waves plugins should work properly now.

I had done this more than one time now for installing demos and full licenses and it always worked nicely that way. Of course i would prefer if there would be a simple proedure where you could simply add new plugins to existing ones.

FWIW i am using Windows 10 64-bit, Live 9.5 64-bit and Cubase Pro 8 64-bit here.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Skorpius wrote:
Yes - until the next time, and then you just repeat everthing all again. I've removed and re-installed all Waves 4 times during the past 10 months. Last time I decided finally to call Waves support in stead of sending error reports, the Waves support person first wasted my time in the telephone 1,5 h, then I had to install Waves remote software, then he took over my computer and tried several thingw, finally he said "just uninstall everything Waves from your computer and the reinstall shell etc".
:dog:

I also posted a step-by-step method that worked for me in the above linked thread, which does not require uninstalling Waves Central or moving/copying/messing with any (shell) files on your harddrive.

In brief: Run Waves Central and uninstall the currently installed plugins, then reinstall and relicense them together at the same time - then you could be good to go... it worked for me anyway.

Well, I uninstalled all plugins, then uninstalled Waves Central, deleted Waves folder from C:\ and all shells, reinstalled everything AND TrueVerb still isn't working... Nevermind, I'll try it after christmas to see if any Waves Central update has fixed this :hihi:

Whoever missed this and would like it, i have a totally unregistered serial to give. Conditions are that you didn't already get it and don't just want another to sell.

If you really have a use for the free reverb, whoever asks first get the serial and you can register it and be up and running in minutes.

Cheers

That's the spirit!
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

I'm holding on to my extra serial for when times get tough and demand for waves old plugins is high. I'm hoping to clear at least $20 :)

Seems to me that Waves has been on a steady slide from "premium" to "discount rubbish". Their stupid licensing system just adds that final touch to push them into "annoying rubbish" status. People won't jump through hoops for crap.

Return to “Effects”