Am I using VST3?

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In the "VST3_ReadMe.txt" file it states that "if you have existing projects that already include VST3 versions of our software, please use the customization option in the installer, and enable VST3."

Apologies if this is a stupid question, but how do I know if I have existing projects that already include VST3 versions?

Let's start like this: which u-he product are you using in which software host? :)
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

Hi #rob, yeah that would make sense...sorry about that. I use Zebra2 and ZebraHZ and work in Logic Pro X (version 10.2.0). In the past I used to use Pro Tools as well, but I stopped using Pro Tools after about October-2013.

Logic is AU only

Thanks for your answer. What about my projects in Pro Tools, will the Zebra files in there also be alright if I reopen them in Pro Tools again?

I presume ProTools will be using the AAX versions, not VST3 either. (or RTAS if it's an old version of PT)

So VST3 isn't used by Pro Tools?

Nope

Everything's been mentioned before (thanks aMUSEd!):

* Logic uses AU only
* Pro Tools uses AAX only (really old versions maybe RTAS)

The hosts "to watch out for" would have been Cubase, Studio One, FL Studio and Sonar. They (and their users) fairly consistently seem to prefer VST3 over VST2 if available. But in your case with LPX and PT, VST3 is out of the question anyway.

Why I asked about the product: our newer products (Presswerk, Bazille, ...) don't even come with VST3 versions at the moment, so that would have been a pretty easy way to find out if you're using VST3 or not. :)
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

Thanks aMUSEd and #rob, I can now update my products and not worry about any complications. Great!

Return to “u-he”