How to make Waves VST appear in Bitwig?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I took Waves up on their offer for the free TrueVerb plugin but I can't get it to appear in Bitwig. It does appear under the 'WaveShell-VST9.6' list in Live9 so I must be missing something. I tried to include the WPAPI folder but that doesn't work. Any ideas? I'm (stupidly) on El Capitan if that is a factor.

deleting the cashfolder, wich you specified in the preferences seems to help.

Suloo wrote:deleting the cashfolder, wich you specified in the preferences seems to help.
OK, I tried that but it didn't unblock whatever is blocked. The Waves install system is awful, all this cloud license stuff is terrible, it's put me right off them! I think I'll just uninstall all of their stuff and carry on with the excellent built-in and Reverberate.

Same issue here but i've lost ALL of my waves plugins since updating from their licence centre to this 'Central' thing whilst trying to get the reverb going. I've contacted support and was greeted with this cop out: Please note that Bitwig is not officially supported with Waves V9. This does not necessarily mean that it won’t work, but just that our software was not designed for it nor tested and qualified to run with it.
Due to this fact we do not have a knowledge-base of possible problems. It might work fine, but if it doesn't we will not be able to assist.

Cheers guys :tu:
also:

"With the release of Waves Central, we have updated our plugins' software version from 9.3 to 9.6.
This version cannot co-exist with previous software versions which are automatically uninstalled." So even the ones that worked are gone :dog:

This isn't exclusive to Bitwig though, they don't show in Logic Pro either.
I think my only option is to try and find the installer for the old waves licence centre and to reinstall everything with that as it was working fine in Bitwig + Logic Pro (if anyones got a link that'd be amazing..)
EVERYTHING with waves is a struggle! If I didn't have some of their plugs running in a track i'm working on right now I'd be deleting the lot and never looking back!

Solved it.
I uninstalled all of my waves plugs using central, moved all licence's to my usb, downloaded the 1.29Gb V9.3 offline installer (for mac this is - http://www.waves.com/dlrdr?id=latest-mac-offline), manually selected + installed the plugs (tru verb is one of them in this list) launched bitwig and their working fine again. Just can't update to anything beyond version 9.3 for the moment but tbh is it ever going to be worth this waste of time? Hope this at least helps someone else..

There is another way to solve the Waves plugins not showing problem.

Waves' new installer does not install their new WavesShell to your usual VST folder (and it does not offer any option to do so), neither does it erase the old Shell - so the Waves .dll you see in your VST folders (if any) is not the new VST that needs to be loaded. The only way to include it is to add the new WavesShell location to Bitwigs Plugin locations. Under windows you have to add the following location to your plugin locations:

C:\Program Files(x86)\Waves\WaveShells V9

Now, since those clever guys from Waves decided to throw all the Shells in a single folder (32bit, 64bit and VST3) and Bitwig reads both 32bit and 64bit plugins, to prevent the Shell and all the Waves plugins from showing up twice in your Bitwig installation you should either remove or rename (by changing the suffix) the .dll you don't need. I prefer the latter, so I can switch back to original file structure at any time.

Hope that helps someone using the all new centralized installer. ;-)
This could be your ad!

On Mac OSX 10.11.6 I added the the following Plugin-in Location in Bitwig 1.3.14
/Applications/Waves/WaveShells V9
After a restart of Bitwig the Plugins were shown :tu:

Liquinaut wrote:There is another way to solve the Waves plugins not showing problem.

Waves' new installer does not install their new WavesShell to your usual VST folder (and it does not offer any option to do so), neither does it erase the old Shell - so the Waves .dll you see in your VST folders (if any) is not the new VST that needs to be loaded. The only way to include it is to add the new WavesShell location to Bitwigs Plugin locations. Under windows you have to add the following location to your plugin locations:

C:\Program Files(x86)\Waves\WaveShells V9

Now, since those clever guys from Waves decided to throw all the Shells in a single folder (32bit, 64bit and VST3) and Bitwig reads both 32bit and 64bit plugins, to prevent the Shell and all the Waves plugins from showing up twice in your Bitwig installation you should either remove or rename (by changing the suffix) the .dll you don't need. I prefer the latter, so I can switch back to original file structure at any time.

Hope that helps someone using the all new centralized installer. ;-)
Just wanted to say thanks for this...fixed my missing Waves plugins in Bitwig 2.0 issue right up.
Gaslighting...is a form of mental abuse in which information is twisted or spun, selectively omitted to favor the abuser, or false information is presented with the intent of making victims doubt their own memory, perception, and sanity.

I had so many problems with installing Waves plugins. My solution is not to buy any more Waves stuff. Although I do recommend their API-2500 compressor, its really good!
http://Freshby6.com
Bitwig since 1.0

:dog: The problem is created by the WaveShell. WavesCentral installs it pretty much as a regular dll or vst3 but these WaveShells are not regular dll or vst3 files. (They are a specific type of shell software to provide an interface between Waves plug-ins and a particular operating system. The Waveshell acts as a sort of “pool” where all the corresponding Waves plug-ins are stored. It also allows Waves to better manage usage of plug-ins.) These WaveShell dll and vst3 files should be in their own folders. As soon as they are put in their own seperate folders, all works perfectly.
Step by step instruction on 64x Windows PC:
1. The file WaveShell1-VST 10.0_x64.dll which is located in C:\Program Files\VSTPlugIns should be put in C:\Program Files\VSTPlugIns\WaveShell1(so basically create a folder eg called WaveShell1 and put the dll file in there)
2. Do the same thing with the file WaveShell2-VST 10.0_x64.dll. So instead of having it in C:\Program Files\VSTPlugIns you should put it in C:\Program Files\VSTPlugIns\WaveShell2
3. Now you need to do the same things with the VST3 files. So C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\WaveShell1 should have your WaveShell1-VST3 10.0_x64.vst3 file.
4. And C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\WaveShell2 should have your WaveShell2-VST3 10.0_x64.vst3 file.
Obviously you don't have to use my folder names of WaveShell1 or WaveShell2, you can name them the way you want.

I hope I managed to help. :phones:

ozonepaul wrote::dog: The problem is created by the WaveShell. WavesCentral installs it pretty much as a regular dll or vst3 but these WaveShells are not regular dll or vst3 files. (They are a specific type of shell software to provide an interface between Waves plug-ins and a particular operating system. The Waveshell acts as a sort of “pool” where all the corresponding Waves plug-ins are stored. It also allows Waves to better manage usage of plug-ins.) These WaveShell dll and vst3 files should be in their own folders. As soon as they are put in their own seperate folders, all works perfectly.
Step by step instruction on 64x Windows PC:
1. The file WaveShell1-VST 10.0_x64.dll which is located in C:\Program Files\VSTPlugIns should be put in C:\Program Files\VSTPlugIns\WaveShell1(so basically create a folder eg called WaveShell1 and put the dll file in there)
2. Do the same thing with the file WaveShell2-VST 10.0_x64.dll. So instead of having it in C:\Program Files\VSTPlugIns you should put it in C:\Program Files\VSTPlugIns\WaveShell2
3. Now you need to do the same things with the VST3 files. So C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\WaveShell1 should have your WaveShell1-VST3 10.0_x64.vst3 file.
4. And C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\WaveShell2 should have your WaveShell2-VST3 10.0_x64.vst3 file.
Obviously you don't have to use my folder names of WaveShell1 or WaveShell2, you can name them the way you want.

I hope I managed to help. :phones:
I recommend Waveshells location is your main VST folder.
My VST folder location is D:Drive,I'm add subfolder for Waves V9,and add subfolder Waves V10.
I_DID_BOUGHT_C6_TODAY_In_MyMainVST_Folder.JPG
V9 is "WaveShell1-VST 9.92_x64.dll" and "WaveShell-VST 9.7_x64.dll" Files.
These are drag and drop from "C/program Files/VSTPlugins/"
Working fine in bitwig 2.3.5. V10 shell VST3 is fine too.
C6_IS_GOOD_IN_VST3_FOLDER.JPG
But Bitwig does Waveshell scanning is too long and too many alert,
We are confusing by scanning Waveshells.
DONT_SKIP_IMPORTANT.JPG
Please don't skip scanning.not touch skip button.
We need only waiting, So Looooooooong Waiting!! :scared:

If Install process was finished success ,drag and drop waveshell from default location(x86) to your VSTFolder.
after that, showing Waveshells in Bitwig browser,and We can using Waves Plugs!! Lets C6!!

But Waves Central and waveshell is really shit!
Important! in Waves Central install procces and select products.
If install process is fail,or not showing plugs,or other errors,
Maybe you need uninstall V9 and V10 in waves central menu.
In my case ,V9 and V10 uninstall ,after that install success.
This is in my case :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
VST Mappings for Bitwig
--Bitwig 5/ Live10 Suite/ Maschine/ HP X360 8Core--

I stay away from the VST3 versions of the Waves plugins. Some things dont work correctly such as the VU meters and other strange things.
http://Freshby6.com
Bitwig since 1.0

With so many other good options, after buying a few products I chose also not to support them anymore. I despise Ilok, and Waveshell seems to cause trouble for many people altough it always worked for me.

Thanks @ozonepaul, you're solution worked for me. Was driving me nuts. cheers, jb

Return to “Bitwig”