Reveal Sound Spire 1.1 Released (with cpu optimization)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tjgoa wrote:I'm very impressed with the update and the fact they labelled it a .1 update :D
They labeled it in the wrong places too tho :D
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Changing the plugin identifier to "Spire-1.1" is so stupid.
Surely they can just retype it, re-wrap it and upload a version that isn't going to mess with workflows etc
nuts

Is anyone able to get microtuning happening on OSX?
How to do?

I agree. I was surprised to see spire and spire 1.1 and fair enough during beta I would expect that but not handy for existing/older projects.

Renaming the plugin doesn't work for me in Live. I currently need to have both versions co-existing on my machine which is a little frustrating. I expect for complete replacement, i will need to save patches individually and open them in the new version, copying automation over will be a problem though.

I'd welcome a v1.1.01 fixing this ID problem.

I'll write them, but I have few problems with the new Spire. Using fixed buffer size in FL Studio means that the plugin is broken. And still the right click bug persist (if you accidently right click on a knob while you're left clicking it, it became buggy until you close the interface). And the ID tag is a problem too.

Just tried 1.1 in Maschine and its unusable. Sound is completely trashed.
Doesn't matter if Maschine is run stand-alone or as a plugin.

Reaper > Komplete Kontrol > Spire = Ok
Reaper > Maschine > Spire = Not Ok
Reaper > Spire = Ok

Standalone:
Komplete Kontrol > Spire = Ok
Maschine > Spire = Not Ok

Other plugins in Maschine are ok.

Mace404 wrote:Just tried 1.1 in Maschine and its unusable. Sound is completely trashed.
Doesn't matter if Maschine is run stand-alone or as a plugin.

Reaper > Komplete Kontrol > Spire = Ok
Reaper > Maschine > Spire = Not Ok
Reaper > Spire = Ok

Standalone:
Komplete Kontrol > Spire = Ok
Maschine > Spire = Not Ok

Other plugins in Maschine are ok.
I can confirm this. Sound is WAY jacked up.

Works fine in Ableton Live 9.5 and Cubase Pro 8.

From the other thread:
core wrote:This seems to be a problem with buffers. I have the same distorted sound in FL Studio if I don't use fixed buffers.

In Maschine standalone I can lower the process buffer of my Komplete Audio 6 to 32 or 64 samples and then Spire 1.1 sounds normal too...
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

Yes, confirm the same trashed sound with Spire 1.1 in Mac Maschine.

It's sounding really, really good on Yosemite and reaper on a newer MacBook Pro.

I just popped in to say on a whim I imported the 6th bank through the menu. Now it doesn't drop or crash anymore. I don't know why this worked but it worked. Hope this helps someone else.

I am happy for this.

Works well on Windows Cubase 8.
Some of my most CPU demanding presets like
ARP Hits of Trance, ARP Playful Bells or Pl Russian Winter from e-motion padsheaven
went down to 50% :tu:
If CPU use was the main complain this is a huge progression. :clap:

While comparing with 1.020 i found another little bug:
Octaves not working in ARP - CHORD mode,
also aftertouch is not working in 1.1 - sure they'll fix this.
zvenx wrote:
themachinelt wrote:1.1 renewed UI looks gorgeous
Plus one..... wished there was a 125% as well, but it looks gorgeous.
rsp
+1 +1

It would be very nice if we could rename the new makros just like in Massive.
It would be more informative especially because we still can't make notes/infos for the presets.

I still have to hunt in the matrix pages what controllers are used in a preset.
At least now we get a red led next the makros and the mod wheel if they are controlling something. :wink:

Yeah AT not working is a known issue. I would email them with the Octaves bug if I were you.
rsp
sound sculptist

I'm finding Spire 1.1 a tad crash prone on Mac in Ableton Live 9.5. By a tad, I mean it crashes a lot. :)

I get crashes when flipping through presets. Anyone else?
Bitwig Certified Trainer

hollo wrote:I am happy for this.

ARP Hits of Trance, ARP Playful Bells or Pl Russian Winter from e-motion padsheaven
As you made a lot of presets for Spire, would you say that the sound has changed, comparing before and after? There's not much info coming from Reveal-Sound about the update, or this specific point, so i'd be interested if someone noticed something.

chk071 wrote:
hollo wrote:I am happy for this.

As you made a lot of presets for Spire, would you say that the sound has changed, comparing before and after? There's not much info coming from Reveal-Sound about the update, or this specific point, so i'd be interested if someone noticed something.
I second this :tu:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Return to “Instruments”