25+K Equalizer?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all, does anyone know of a 25-30k equaliser ?

32, 64 does not matter.
My Music Site: http://www.leattol.com
My Amazing 32 Bit Win EQ: LA bands 15 band EQ

Why only 30k? Slick EQ GE hits 40k. Then there's the Maag EQ. There's a free eq plugin that's supposed to be a clone of the Maag but I can't remember the name of it. Check those out.

ckam03 wrote:There's a free eq plugin that's supposed to be a clone of the Maag but I can't remember the name of it.
That´s gotta be Luftikus.

The free Maag EQ4 alternative is here: https://code.google.com/p/lkjb-plugins/

PSP Nobel Q goes to 40 too.

The Manny Marroquin EQ has a 25k band

FabFilter Pro-Q also goes up to 30kHz.

ckam03 wrote:Why only 30k? Slick EQ GE hits 40k. Then there's the Maag EQ. There's a free eq plugin that's supposed to be a clone of the Maag but I can't remember the name of it. Check those out.
Hmm, thankyou - I'll download that and give it a try.
soulone82 wrote:
ckam03 wrote:There's a free eq plugin that's supposed to be a clone of the Maag but I can't remember the name of it.
That´s gotta be Luftikus.

Thanks guys, I use the luftikus - It's a great plugin albeit buggy.. Still worth it.
Robert Randolph wrote:The free Maag EQ4 alternative is here: https://code.google.com/p/lkjb-plugins/
Thanks Robert - I appreciate that.
Twrogstudio wrote:PSP Nobel Q goes to 40 too.
40k ? Hmm - I'll take a look.
jezjez wrote:The Manny Marroquin EQ has a 25k band
Nice thankyou.
Squidsneeze wrote:FabFilter Pro-Q also goes up to 30kHz.
Hot, thankyou.

I've been trying to convince Stian of acoustica to go higher with acon EQ. As it stands it's 22 but for this thread to exist we obviously know that boosts at very high frequencies can add a magic "air".

ProQ definitely does have that over acon

anyway i did H2H of luftikus and maag and it just wasn't the same, the difference was small, but perceptible and in maag's favour every time. And i am not alliance fanboy at all fwiw, in fact they kind of annoy me.. so just being totally honest. The difference is worth buying the real one which is pretty special.

DMG Equilibrium will go to 192k+ if your hardware lets you.

The extended frequency pref extends the response to nyquist for higher sample rates.

Cheers

Conundra
I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored...

TheoM wrote:I've been trying to convince Stian of acoustica to go higher with acon EQ. As it stands it's 22 but for this thread to exist we obviously know that boosts at very high frequencies can add a magic "air".

ProQ definitely does have that over acon

anyway i did H2H of luftikus and maag and it just wasn't the same, the difference was small, but perceptible and in maag's favour every time. And i am not alliance fanboy at all fwiw, in fact they kind of annoy me.. so just being totally honest. The difference is worth buying the real one which is pretty special.
Yes, I will buy a copy of maag - It definitely seems like it is neccesary to have in the toolbelt.

djscorb wrote:DMG Equilibrium will go to 192k+ if your hardware lets you.

The extended frequency pref extends the response to nyquist for higher sample rates.

Cheers

Conundra
I will check out DMG thanks very much for the post.

Cheers

Conundra

wow i only ever tested it at 44.1 and thought it could only go to 20. Now i can't demo it again. too expensive anyway but 192 is amazing.

Was i doing something wrong, i presumed it should have gone to 44k then at 44.1 rate?

Are you making music for dogs and bats?
No signature here!

Nevermind previous poster already sait it :D 48 khz is good enough for broadcasting so it's good enough for me :ud:
"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.

TheoM wrote:

Cheers

Conundra

wow i only ever tested it at 44.1 and thought it could only go to 20. Now i can't demo it again. too expensive anyway but 192 is amazing.

Was i doing something wrong, i presumed it should have gone to 44k then at 44.1 rate?
Hey Theo :)

The preference "Extended Frequencies" was added after a few "dot" updates. It allows the eq to go down to 5 hz in the low end which is great for getting an HPF out of the audible band so it can come in transparently when automating sweeps. It's a whole extra octave of low end control which is extremely valuable when you consider that the freq cutoff of a filter is defined as the point at which it is already attenuating 3dB! :)

The highest frequency you can represent at 44100 is 22050 (nyquist) and in it's default mode Equilibrium will max out at 22050 regardless of the project's sample rate. Engaging the extended freq pref will allow you to go up to 44100 @ a SR of 88200, 48000 @ a SR of 96000, and 96000 @ a SR of 192000 etc etc.

Cheers

Scorb
I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored...

Return to “Effects”