Anyone else having glitches with IKs Tape Echo?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I can't say for sure when I first noticed this happening, but it appears Ik Multimedia's Tape Echo isn't recalling the position of the time slider when I save a project and reopen it later (Reaper 5, Windows 10, Surface Pro 3).

Only the time slider that isn't being recalled. All the other knobs seem to save/recall just fine.

Basically, if I pull up a preset (custom or factory) and set the time slider to something, say 1/32 for example, when I save the project, exit and come back the time slider still says 1/32, but seems to always actually play back at a setting of 500.00 until I flick the 'BPM sync' toggle on and off, then it snaps to what I've actually chosen on the slider.

I've confirmed this issue with their support, who eventually replied with:
Thanks I tested this too and got the same issue, thanks for reporting this. I will report this and on the next update for Tracks hopefully should be corrected.
So at the moment whenever I open a project I have to go into each instance of Tape Echo and flick the toggle a few times. It might not seem like much, but gets very annoying and means I'm not using this plugin much anymore.

When I asked for any idea when it would be fixed I got:
Sorry I don't have any timelines for when it will be out, sorry.
Which is pretty disappointing, as it means I'm looking for another delay. Anyone else have this issue?

I had a problem: IK didn't fix it, it was reported over ayear ago ...so you may wait very long.

H-Delay is 60%off atm.
Echoboy. (inside/with Soundtoys5 very cheap.) Reduced price atm.
Enjoy..
edit: Replika is at 50% atm.
Primal Tap from 149,- to 49,- atm.
- WonderEcho -

:borg:
Last edited by ontol on Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks guys. I'll look into a few of those while I wait!

Ended up grabbing Soundtoys Primal Tap delay, as I really loved the demo and it fills all my weird, distorted, loopy delay needs (and the freeze function is a great bonus).

Update for posterity: I asked IK if I could choose a different plugin and they switched it for me without any hassle (went for the Black 76 comp, as I use the White 2A very often). Figured it was worth mentioning, as even though my particular issue wasn't fixed they were still able to offer some decent service.

Wow, that's pretty cool of them. Just goes to show, it's always worth asking.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

p_wats wrote:Update for posterity: I asked IK if I could choose a different plugin and they switched it for me without any hassle (went for the Black 76 comp, as I use the White 2A very often). Figured it was worth mentioning, as even though my particular issue wasn't fixed they were still able to offer some decent service.
Thanks for the info.

I should have mailed them...
when the website gobbled-up some jampoints after pressing foward/backward in the browser.
----
The full "PrimalTap" is really great!
- WonderEcho -

Return to “Effects”