I survived the Black Friday GAS attack!! But the force is strong and the mind is weak

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

zerocrossing wrote:
incubus wrote:Allow me to be a swallow of peptol bismol. I've owned the soundtoys bundle and though it's great, the one that that nobody has (pardon the pun) replicated is "echoboy"

You'll have fun constantly tweaking and playing the presets with all the others but you'll just be in the "fartsaroundlist" category. Echoboy is unique though. Nothing sounds like it. Nothing is as organic, rich, or useful. It's not financially feasible to buy the bundle just for echoboy when 95% of native owners really only use that regularly.

Just 2c, probably worth a wooden nickel but that's what happened to me.
The thing is, at the current sales price, it's worth it for the bundle as you're sure to find use for a couple of others.
That's what we tell ourselves everytime a sale comes up. Fast forward 5 years later, that plugin is collecting virtual dust after maybe being used mildly in one project. Thanks, but I think we'll survive without Echoboy. :P

Ingonator wrote:Besides the free Waves TrueVerb i bought Waves H-Delay for 49$. Also got ValhallaPlate for the full price (which at least "feels" like a sale...).
Today Waves gave an additional Cyber Monday 30$ voucher so additionally to what i mentioend above i just got Waves H-Comp Compressor for 19$. Nice that Waves does not seem to add the 19% VAT here in Germany.

PS:
For those who need it Waves Codex is available for 79$ so with the voucher you could get it for 49$.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

:wheee: I received that Cyber Monday 30$ from waves too...now I have to buy something!! lol
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

H-EQ for $17, couldn't resist.(Everyplugin was 6 cents cheaper than Audiodeluxe ^^)
Also Waves Tune for $26 at Audiodeluxe but my code does not want to work there anymore. (Pressed back on Paypal screen - looks like it's flagged as used for me already)

I did not survive. Bought spire. :P
musisikamar.com

e@rs wrote:Another obstacle for me: Sonic Academy KICK at 40% off. :help:
I had no chance...

Boone777 wrote::wheee: I received that Cyber Monday 30$ from waves too...now I have to buy something!! lol
My fellow comrades - I have fallen! :violin:

Bought the Waves power pack at $69. :violin:

We fought the good fight.

For the first time ever I bought nothing. Just off to polish my halo ...

Just for the first time I have saved money to buy anything, and it turned out to be Harmor for 1/3 price :tu:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

I fought the GAS - and the GAS won! :cry:

Forest Kingdom II for sale at $70 off.. could.. not.. resist! :cry:

Oh Woe Is Me! :cry:
Bandcamp: https://suitcaseoflizards.bandcamp.com/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4kuy ... Dx4ziLn3ng
Now a Relay Radio DJ! http:/www.relay-radio.com

I fell off the wagon and bought Waves "power pack"

Then I bought Spire....why why why?!?!?! :cry: :nutter:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Even with the Waves coupon and an extra day I survived without buying anything.

My Kia needs new tires and my Harley needs a new exhaust, so I will be buying something; just not toys..well, the exhaust for the Harley
could conceivably go in that catagory.

KIA and Harley are two words that should never be mentioned in the same post :hihi:

^Yeah, it was quite a shock... Starting with Waves, continuing with Kia and ending with Harley.

So, there I was yesterday, bored and surfing, not a good combination. Started looking at 3rd party libraries for Kontakt, was thinking about Session Strings Pro, but couldn't justify it. I have enough strings in Miro 1, Garritan, and VSL SEs. After googling '3rd Party sample libraries for Kontakt,' I came to Soniccouture. My wife loves Renaissance music and instruments, and thought that the harpsichords and other instruments in the Conservatoire collection were really good. I had to agree. So, they are still having a 35% off or 2 for 1 sale. I immediately started looking for the 'freebie,' and decided upon the Hammersmith Pro Steinway Piano. I first went almost through the checkout with the 35% coupon inline, but since both the Conservatoire and the Hammersmith Pro were the same price, it made better sense to just do the 2 for 1 thing, rather than the 35% off all. So, I spent €199 last night, and got 2 really, really good harpsichords (and other instruments) and the best VI piano I have yet heard or played. The Hammersmith Pro is really very good. Took 52 GBs of samples, though!

So, that and the €69 for the Era: Medieval Legends II upgrade.

Now, I won't need another thing, ever!
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”