Viola? Voila!!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wow, just listen to the demos of Samplemodeling The Viola. I honestly can't believe what I'm hearing! It just sounds so real!

I must admit I've been waiting for this moment for a long, long time. Here's hoping they release the rest of the solo strings soon. I'm sure they have worked really hard on this.

Should play like a dream with my Linnstrument.
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

Yes, it really does sound incredible, doesn't it :)
I did get a life,once...but it was faulty, so I sent it back.

The video demo sounds amazing. I'm impressed, and it's not that expensive also (for something this good).
musisikamar.com

Can't help it, each time I see 'The Viola' I'm reading 'The Viole' instead, which means 'The Rape' in french :? :shrug:

Neon Breath wrote:Can't help it, each time I see 'The Viola' I'm reading 'The Viole' instead, which means 'The Rape' in french :? :shrug:
(Sorry for the o.t., but you are completely wrong there.. "la viole" is the viola, and "rape" is "le viol" (no "e" on the end.. maybe it got snatched by force, but there ain't one ;) )

vic_france wrote:
Neon Breath wrote:Can't help it, each time I see 'The Viola' I'm reading 'The Viole' instead, which means 'The Rape' in french :? :shrug:
(Sorry for the o.t., but you are completely wrong there.. "la viole" is the viola, and "rape" is "le viol" (no "e" on the end.. maybe it got snatched by force, but there ain't one ;) )
Ok good to know, really! Cheers :wink:

Neon Breath wrote:
vic_france wrote:
Ok good to know, really! Cheers :wink:
In fact, I was a bit too quick off the mark there.. "la viole" is "the viol" (medieval stringed instrument, of which the only surviving member today is the double bass).. the viola iteslf being called "l'alto" in French.. so in fact, there is indeed a greater correspondence between the viol and le viol :P

Anyways, let's get back on topic.. the viola sounds fantastic (with or without the lady's consent ;) )

vic_france wrote:Anyways, let's get back on topic.. the viola sounds fantastic ;)
- indeed :)

Interesting to notice that their technology is now applied to a bowed string instrument for the first time, we shall obviously see the release of the completed set (violin, viola, cello, double-bass) of orchestral solo string in a near future...

...but perhaps also some other ethnic ones, for instance !

I am sure they can release a violin and a cello. Someone mentioned something about the Garritan solo strings (Stradiavari and Gofriller) causing potential legal problems. But I completely fail to see how there could be any possibility of legal problems if they develop new sample sets. Besides, those two old instruments were using Kontakt custom scripting.

The new instrument (Viola) is using the new SWAM engine. I fail to see how there should be any legal problems with developing a Violin and a Cello, using new sample sets or other new data with their new engine.

well, As far as i can judge, at the time they just pretend to emulate a so to say, generic kind of viola and then extrapolate the technology to any other, four stringed, orchestral bowed string similarly, any legal issues shall become completely irrelevant !

Why would there be any legal issues at all? Someone can't make a modeled virtual violin because one has been made before? I don't understand this at all.

Another great example of modelling synthesis. Simply superb sound. Its on my wishlist, hats off to these folks. :clap: :tu: :clap:
___
Join Us at The Forest Forum
Robin - NorthWood MediaWorks - lurking at KVR since 2007 - sequencing since 1984

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Why would there be any legal issues at all? Someone can't make a modeled virtual violin because one has been made before? I don't understand this at all.
I don't know. Someone else mentioned it on another forum. I doubt they will have any issues as long as they don't use the same sample sets. I'm sure they can rebuild another sample set. The old sample sets are likely outdated and designed for a different engine anyway.

Northwood Mediaworks wrote:Another great example of modelling synthesis. Simply superb sound. Its on my wishlist, hats off to these folks. :clap: :tu: :clap:
in fact it's an hybrid kind of synthesis involved, these instruments being sample based at a certain degree...

Return to “Instruments”