z3ta 2 update?(bug fixes)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Z3TA+

Well, it doesn't work!

jc_vt wrote:Got a reply from Chris at Cakewalk about the demo only mode issue, and here's the solution (on Mac at least):

Don't just quit CCC, but LOGOUT, then reopen and login and install/authorize. Working fine for me now.
Doesn't help at all and they don't seem very keen on fixing it. Very disappointing....
Mac Studio Ultra, 64ram, 4tb+<4tb Samsung850-860evo ssd's in TB3 Akitio Enclosure> UAD Apollo x6-tb3/Yamaha2050/Amphion/Bowers&Wilkins/Komplete S61Mk2} latest OSX

Not to worry, we can definitely expect another update in a similar timeframe to this one.

I can't even login in the Command Central...
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

Cakeshit get your walk together.
~Pyrotek45

The sad thing is that having an unneeded dependency on a flaky/broken Command Center just to use the plugin will only hurt their honest paying customers who have bought the plugin from them.

Looks like Z3ta+ 2 will stay on version 2.1 for me and that I will live with the bugs and the existing features. I don't want to install any crippled bloatware that runs in the background continuously just to use a plugin.

Last but not least: there's plenty of other fish in the sea (or as a german saying goes: "Other mothers have beautiful daughters as well."). :)
Passed 303 posts. Next stop: 808.

BlitBit wrote:that runs in the background continuously just to use a plugin.
CCC doesn't run continuously in the background. I can use Rapture Pro fine without CCC running. It's just there for automatic authorizing - which is broken for z3ta 2.2 but works fine for Rapture Pro over here...

Still no response from Cakewalk :?
Whats it, almost a week now? Good response time.

Well, if there's a major issue with autohorizing Z3TA, then there's justified hope that they actually will do another update in the next time. That's the good news in the bad one. :P

Mace404 wrote:Still no response from Cakewalk :?
Whats it, almost a week now? Good response time.
Yup, almost a week gone, since I opened a support ticket. No reply yet. Gladly I don't use ZETA so often, or I have other plugins (bug free) that can replace it.
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

Sorry guys, but are you sure the CCC is mandatory? I downloaded the Z3t4+ 2.2 installer directly from my account on Cakewalk website.

I went on my profile, choose th "Product" page, clicked on the app name to generate the download link and then I downloaded it as usual

I didn't install it yet, though (I'll do it later).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

It's mandatory for authorizing the plugin, yes. You can install Z3TA 2, but it runs in demo mode, until the CCC activates the license.

If it's the same on Mac as it is on Windows of course.

What a shame! :(

EvilDragon wrote: CCC doesn't run continuously in the background. I can use Rapture Pro fine without CCC running. It's just there for automatic authorizing - which is broken for z3ta 2.2 but works fine for Rapture Pro over here...
Does this mean that I could install CCC, authorize Z3ta+ 2 (once they have fixed the problem) and then deinstall CCC when it's authorized?
Passed 303 posts. Next stop: 808.

Odd, working fine for me now on my Mac.
grdh20 wrote:
jc_vt wrote:Got a reply from Chris at Cakewalk about the demo only mode issue, and here's the solution (on Mac at least):

Don't just quit CCC, but LOGOUT, then reopen and login and install/authorize. Working fine for me now.
Doesn't help at all and they don't seem very keen on fixing it. Very disappointing....

Return to “Instruments”