Double arpeggio or what?

Chords, scales, harmony, melody, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I saw some MIDIs where there seems to be two arpeggios going simultaneously. So, for example, in each step one note goes up and another down from previous step. Now, the beginner question: is there a name for such progression?

Also, how it is built correctly? I guess there might be suitable intervals between simultaneous notes.

For clarification, I don't have these MIDIs and I only saw them in video format. The video was so blurred I couldn't see how these notes were arranged.

I love arpeggios :)

Two arpeggios is something I do quite a lot, though not via software 'arpeggio'. The reason for this is because my background goes against the machine, if you know what I mean. . . I prefer to play my own arpeggios.

You can double to create two parts together as one, or two arpeggios with one instrument panned left and another similar instrument panned right -- both are playing differently, totally independently.

The other reason why I love arpeggios, if done right will compliment the lead vocals. And also add a nice rhythmic feel to the composition.

I'll give you a tip: You can do arpeggios by using a good delay (effects). This allows you to enter fewer notes, thereby the delay (echo effect) does the work for you. Saves a lot of time and effort composing arpeggios manually.

If you're interested in hearing a demo (or more) of what I do, you're welcome to contact me via PM.

All the best!
People have their own factual opinions, and Internet laws should be respected. This message is in general and therefore, not intended to offend anyone but as a reminder to at least respect others and their rights. Peace 8)

Thanks for your answer!

The two arpeggios were in same MIDI track though; I suppose the same instrument plays both. I have tried such progression myself after seeing it. I sounds sometimes great, the sound "widens" when the notes go farther away. However, it seems to be incorrect musically, since it doesn't often stay in key.

But yes, I love arpeggios too! :D

Return to “Music Theory”