On how many computers can you have Soundtoys Bundle installed?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://support.soundtoys.com/customer/e ... ndtoys-on-

What does that mean? That I can install he bundle on more than two machines but I can use this vst only on 2 computers simultaneously? OR that i cant install it on more than two computers? That would be really bad because I have more than 3 computers - but I never work on more that one ----- so it would be really nice if I could install it everywhere @ home.

Can someone give me the correct answer?

soundtoys use ilok - and I just checked my soundtoys ilok licenses and you get two activations - so if you're using two computers you could 'locally' activate them, if you've got 3 or more you'd want to use a physical ilok dongle for the license and move the dongle between the machines (if you've got one machine you mainly use you could locally activate that machine and then put the 2nd activation on the dongle to move around the rest as needed)

I dont get it. and what IF your hard drive goes to la la land and you must buy a new hard disk and install stuff again? can you install it without dongle again? i dont like usb dongles

It means you can active the licence on two computers at once, if you wanted to use a third, you would need to de-link one of the existing two activations, and then link the new one. My understanding is you can chop and change the computers you activate the licences on as much as you like, so long as you only ever have two activations going at once.

kitkonis wrote:I dont get it. and what IF your hard drive goes to la la land and you must buy a new hard disk and install stuff again? can you install it without dongle again? i dont like usb dongles
Then your activation is SOL. Install never need dongle, using it however does. ilok will not issue new activations unless it's on dongle and on the TLC plan that cost money. Soundtoys may or may not issue activations, that's a question to soundtoy support email.

grumpyG wrote:It means you can active the licence on two computers at once, if you wanted to use a third, you would need to de-link one of the existing two activations, and then link the new one. My understanding is you can chop and change the computers you activate the licences on as much as you like, so long as you only ever have two activations going at once.
thanks. but is it really as you say or just think that it works this way?

http://support.soundtoys.com/customer/e ... ense-s-on-

"All version 5 licenses are intended for personal use, and allow for two simultaneous activations per user. If you have a laptop and a studio computer for which you are the sole user, you can use your one license to activate both machines (or the iLok dongles connected to both machines). If you have a third computer, you can install the plug-ins on that computer and deactivate one of your other two computers, or move an authorized iLok into the third computer while you are using it."

Return to “Effects”