Heartbeat 123

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wow found that softube heartbeat is on sale ---> $123.... Very tempting however, I have RP's Punch which I love it very much. I didn't have chance to demo Heartbeat and I know that somewhere we have a heavy discussion on heartbeat but seems to me no users can compare Heartbeat vs Punch.

Do you think it is a no-brainer for buying heartbeat even I have punch ?

Cowby

cowby wrote:wow found that softube heartbeat is on sale ---> $123.... Very tempting however, I have RP's Punch which I love it very much. I didn't have chance to demo Heartbeat and I know that somewhere we have a heavy discussion on heartbeat but seems to me no users can compare Heartbeat vs Punch.

Do you think it is a no-brainer for buying heartbeat even I have punch ?

Cowby
i think they're quite different beasts. Heartbeat seems to be more "analog modeled".
Link for the sale please? thanks!

I can't compare the 2 since I don't have punch, but I really love Heartbeat even though it's pretty basic and "not capable of that many sounds" it just sounds awesome (I put that in quotes just in case i'm wrong:). If you make dance music it's a no brainer really especially if you make house or techno.

P.s. I did watch some videos of Punch when it came out and it looked like more capable of producing broader range of sounds but I doubt it sounds as "analogue" as Heartbeat.
"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.

I noticed it also supports NI's Native Kontrol Standard, as a Maschine owner this is suddenly looking a lot more interesting!

P.s. where did you see that price?

It's $123 at everyplugin.com

You need to create an account to see the member prices.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I downloaded the demo and had a couple of hours play around yesterday, controlling with Push and Maschine. I've used the presets with just some minor tweaking but was very impressed by them. I want to demo some more before really drawing any firm conclusions but so far can say that the sounds really appeal to my tastes. Also, I feel the individual components really gel well to create a coherent instrument, and I don't think this was by chance but a major design goal of Softube's.

The NKS integration with Maschine is slightly disappointing. As you load in as a single sound it works like any other VST so to play it I would have to change the pad mode to Keyboard and all the parameters were available on the one sound which are displayed as 18 pages. This makes perfect sense if you were using a Kontrol Keyboard, but with Maschine it would have been more usable if it could have loaded as a drum kit with each drum sound assigned to a Pad and only it's particular parameters are viewable / editable. I wouldn't be surprised if this feature becomes available in future versions of Maschine / NKS though.

@Cowby, did you decide to go for it?

P.s. thanks Aloysius for the price info.

I didn't buy heartbeat (the price is now $14x) and even didn't have time to demo it. Instead, I demoed Fxpansion Tremor which is very pretty good sounding to my ear and more robust than HB. Love its sequencers but I think Punch is a bit more tweakable.

I will leave my GAS on until X'mas and see if there is nothing can steal my wallet then I will go for Tremor.

P.S I didn't buy anything on BF and CM.

cowby wrote:I didn't buy heartbeat (the price is now $14x) and even didn't have time to demo it. Instead, I demoed Fxpansion Tremor which is very pretty good sounding to my ear and more robust than HB. Love its sequencers but I think Punch is a bit more tweakable.

I will leave my GAS on until X'mas and see if there is nothing can steal my wallet then I will go for Tremor.

I'm waiting to see what Stix looks like (ugh, such a stupid name). The GUI is pretty important to me, and personally, I love Tremor's GUI. I'm going to pray that xils doesn't mess that up. So far the sound demos are promising.

Softube Heartbeat was $41 at SX Pro Audio last weekend.

I got Heartbeat during the sales and played with it for about 2 hours today. Made some nice Kicks, snares and Perc sounds. Punch is still the king. You get a lot more for your money with Punch. The one to beat in my opinion. If I had to choose one it would be Punch but I am glad I have both.
Play it by ear

pheeleep wrote:I got Heartbeat during the sales and played with it for about 2 hours today. Made some nice Kicks, snares and Perc sounds. Punch is still the king. You get a lot more for your money with Punch. The one to beat in my opinion. If I had to choose one it would be Punch but I am glad I have both.
I don't have Tremor but FXPansion stuff is top notch. Haven't tried the demo to avoid being tempted by yet another Drum Synth.
Play it by ear

Fleer wrote:Softube Heartbeat was $41 at SX Pro Audio last weekend.
That would've been great to know...last week.

masterhiggins wrote:
Fleer wrote:Softube Heartbeat was $41 at SX Pro Audio last weekend.
That would've been great to know...last week.
It was revealed in the Market place threads (sales/gossip) but you had to be quick to order. It was an error in the price being listed for Softube products and the products were suddenly removed, but they honored the price for those that ordered while they were being advertised.
Play it by ear

masterhiggins wrote:
cowby wrote:I didn't buy heartbeat (the price is now $14x) and even didn't have time to demo it. Instead, I demoed Fxpansion Tremor which is very pretty good sounding to my ear and more robust than HB. Love its sequencers but I think Punch is a bit more tweakable.

I'm waiting to see what Stix looks like (ugh, such a stupid name). The GUI is pretty important to me, and personally, I love Tremor's GUI. I'm going to pray that xils doesn't mess that up. So far the sound demos are promising.
So many pages of discussion of Stix but none of the GUI has shown. Anyway .... The price point of Stix must set less than $100 to make it more competitive.

Apart from the sound of heartbeat ... How it outperform (Fxpansion, Punch etc ..)

Humm... The beauty of Punch is it also can load samples which make the beat more fun!

I expect StiX will be around the 150 price point like the other Xils synths, they usually issue coupons for owners of their other products and a time limited intro price
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Return to “Instruments”