Xpand!2 and Twist installation issues

Official support for: www.airmusictech.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi.
I bought an M-Audio midi keyboard and Xpand!2 and Twist were included in my purchase. That's all nice but the problem is that I can't authorize them in my system. I got the serial numbers. I tried update iLok and all that but nothing I try seems to work. There is no clear advice in the user manual. What I would like to see is a step by step description. I bough Sylenth1, Omnisphere, Nexus2, Synthmaster, Zebra2 and many others, and none have been difficult to install. Any help on how to make Xpand!2 and Twist work would be appreciated.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

ATN69 wrote:Hi.
I bought an M-Audio midi keyboard and Xpand!2 and Twist were included in my purchase. That's all nice but the problem is that I can't authorize them in my system. I got the serial numbers. I tried update iLok and all that but nothing I try seems to work. There is no clear advice in the user manual. What I would like to see is a step by step description. I bough Sylenth1, Omnisphere, Nexus2, Synthmaster, Zebra2 and many others, and none have been difficult to install. Any help on how to make Xpand!2 and Twist work would be appreciated.
For the first time I am giving up installing a plugin :( I downloaded an updated version from M-Audio website (in my account) and now I got installation error.
Xpand!2 error.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

I had the same issue. The company said that they were going to post a new installer last week which solves the install issue. They didn't. The issue that at least some of us are experiencing has to do with their Ilok installer trying to update the latest ilok manager. When it sees that your ILOK installation is already current is fails to install. I contacted tech support and they said to uninstall the ilok manger and then install xpand!2 . I refuse to do this as I have over 31 licences attached to the ILOK device and a couple attached to my machine. I don't want to to risk messing up any of my working installations due to this installation flaw. I hope that they respond here and renew their commitment to updating their installer as even their demos are effected by this and they aren't going to win a lot of new fans with this current situation.
Last edited by Scotty on Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thanks for this information Scotty. I totally understand why companies like Air need to make their software secure. But in this case they took it too far I guess. It's so secure it can't be installed and used.

2.0.6 is now published resolving this issue.
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX
Email. sbangs@inmusicbrands.com

Thanks for letting me know. - Scotty

sbangs_air wrote:2.0.6 is now published resolving this issue.
Still fails here. Does it still need 2.0.5 installed? Co's I've not got it.

Update your iLock software. After you update the iLock software installations never fail. Also if anyone has a 4k monitor and has resolution problems when using AIR instruments, updating the iLock solves the 4K monitor problems too! Good Luck, Happy Holidays, Happy and productive New Year!

Return to “AIR Music Technology”