Evolution Electric Eanshee chord issue

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm used to using realguitar where you play your chord and then hit the strum up/strum down keys. This means every time I play the strum keys the chord I'm holding will play. This doesn't seem to work with EEB. I program the chord (3 key chord - in chords mode, held notes only) and also program the up stroke or down stroke at the same time as the chord. It will pay the chord that was last played and not the chord that is playing now !

Any advice on this ? This doesn't seem very intuitive !

You usually have to anticipate the chord slightly. That's because there's a time threshold when playing chords to allow for real-time playing where not every note might be played simultaneously.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Okay. Thanks for the help. Just had to adjust to how this works. Sounding very nice though.

One thing I was wondering though was is it possible to change the speed of the up and down strums in play mode. For example if I play a chord and was that chord played in a slow strum can I do it in an automated way or do I have to program every slow up or down stroke ?

For now you'll have to program strums that you need really slow. Right now the velocity to strum speed setting for the down/up strum keys is hardcoded. That's something we'd like to add controls for in the setup page so you can tweak the overall strum speed or even automate it for real-time control.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Is the strum speed mapped to velocity in non-play mode? (I am still learning about the products, but I assume that if steveuk42 refers to a play mode, then there is a non-play mode.) Thanks. :)

Yeah, the strum speed and number of strings strummed are based on velocity with the single downstroke/upstroke strum keys. However, this is something we're planning on adding settings for so that you can customize their behavior.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

So the strum speed doesn't follow the tempo set in a DAW? That's interesting.

Just to clarify, the strumming pattern speed follows the tempo set in the DAW. It's the individual strums that have their own independent speed. It'd be interesting to add a control that allows you to set whether or not (and how much) the tempo set in your DAW affects the speed of each individual strum, though.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”