problem understanding how beat map works with multitrack and multitrack loops

Official support for: drumdrops.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Despite reading you forum pages and your tips pages, i am still confused over how to make sure the beat map is working properly with the multi-trackss and multi-tracks loops i've just purchased. I am working with Logic Pro X. I bought the unmixed multi-tracks and loops
1. I can import the multitracks into a new session using the logic file you included -- but do I also drag the separate beat map in as well? The tempo shows the changes without including the beat map..
2. I want to rearrange the copy and paste the sections -- will the tempo automatically adjust if I do this -- and I also copy and paste the corresponding beat map? I noticed that doing this doesn't change the tempo order in the list file. Or do the fluctuations remain the same despite what I copy and paste. If so, that makes no sense..
3 Finally, I'm unsure how to properly import the multitrack loops to ensure the proper BPM - do I import the beat map? Set the tempo in the DAW? Are these loops set at a constant BPM?

I have read all I can find on your site about this matter, including the formats page, FAQ and logic page, but I must be missing something because I still can not figure this out and I don't want to start using these loops until I know for sure.

Thank you

Hey jgwire, I work with the Drum Drops team did you find a resolve to your problem?

Perhaps I can help?

Hi jgwire,

Here are some answers to your questions...

1. If you load the Logic session supplied with your download, you will see that the tempo map has already been imported for you so there's no need to import the files into another session. If you want to import the audio files into a session that you've already begun then things are a bit more complicated, depending on what's already happening in that session. If you want to edit and move the multi tracks around in the session provided by us, then you will need to edit the tempo information as well. To do this, open the global tempo track and copy and paste the tempo information from the section you want to move to the new edit point. The tempo list will update to show the tempo edits. Finally some of our multi tracks will work at a set tempo (but not all of them) although none of the performances have been tightened to the grid which is why we provide tempo maps in the first place. Feel free to experiment!

2. If all this seems a bit of a faff for what you want to do, then the multi-track loops may be a better option for you. The multi-track loops work at whatever the tempo of the drum track is set at and so you don't need to worry about tempo maps at all. Just drag the files into either a new session or an existing session that is set to the correct tempo for the loops.

Let me know if you still have any questions...

Return to “Drumdrops”