Sylenth1 v3 BETA for Windows available...politically correct thread update

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Sylenth1

samsam wrote:Sweet
Troll.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

chk071 wrote:It's Lennard btw.
LennarDigital is a young, innovative and refreshing company based in Arnhem, the Netherlands. It was founded in 2006 by DSP and software engineer, producer and sound designer Lennard Addink.
Lenny 8)

chk071 wrote:It's Lennard btw.
LennarDigital is a young, innovative and refreshing company based in Arnhem, the Netherlands. It was founded in 2006 by DSP and software engineer, producer and sound designer Lennard Addink.
I always thought he'd lost the "d" to "digital".

Just WOW! The new GUI is soooooo clean! I'm at 1440p and put the interface at 200%. I really had a WOW-moment when I saw that beautiful, clean, perfectly anti-aliased interface. I know this has nothing to do with sound, but that new GUI sub-system is great! Can't wait to see new skins!

I also like the bank selector :)
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Hi Jon,

I sincerely apologize, I did accidentally post this on Twitter without mentioning that it was a beta version. Shortly after I removed the tweet altogether, since we prefer not to too many beta testers at this stage. I hadn't noticed that you already copied it and posted it here though.

Anyway, I'm sorry if this has caused any confusion, and I'm glad to see you fixed the title!
Meffy wrote: moved to LennarDigital
Thanks!

Ruben(LD) wrote:Hi Jon,

I sincerely apologize, I did accidentally post this on Twitter without mentioning that it was a beta version. Shortly after I removed the tweet altogether, since we prefer not to too many beta testers at this stage. I hadn't noticed that you already copied it and posted it here though.

Anyway, I'm sorry if this has caused any confusion, and I'm glad to see you fixed the title!
Meffy wrote: moved to LennarDigital
Thanks!
Do you want bug reports anywhere on this forum at this stage?

So far so good, but I've noticed that on some of my arpeggiated patches there is some audio clicking, or perhaps they're envelope related. I can't run 2.21b and 3.0 at the same time so I can't compare side by side, but I'm sure I'm hearing it there and it wasn't there before.

tehlord wrote:Do you want bug reports anywhere on this forum at this stage?

So far so good, but I've noticed that on some of my arpeggiated patches there is some audio clicking, or perhaps they're envelope related. I can't run 2.21b and 3.0 at the same time so I can't compare side by side, but I'm sure I'm hearing it there and it wasn't there before.
We prefer via our support email. We tried to keep the audio part the same, so I doubt they'll sound different. You can run v2 and v3 side by side by the way (install in different folders and rename the dll, although some hosts may not like this since both will have the same ID).

Lennard wrote:
tehlord wrote:Do you want bug reports anywhere on this forum at this stage?

We prefer via our support email. We tried to keep the audio part the same, so I doubt they'll sound different. You can run v2 and v3 side by side by the way (install in different folders and rename the dll, although some hosts may not like this since both will have the same ID).
Ok cool I'll do that and report.

Now that there seems to be regular, non-beta version for Windows, I was wondering what those resources are that I have to specify a folder for during installation. I don't think that was the case with v2.x.
I hate it when programs vomit their data all over my hard drive, it makes backing up my files a mess. So can I use my VST folder for those resources as well?

Config, Presets, Skins, and Soundbanks folders and the User .pdf

I wouldn't want them in my VST folder because some hosts do a scan every time they start after a boot and more files just means slower loads.

It's just as easy to back the files up from outside the VST folder as inside. Just look for the Lennard Digital folder. (on this machine which is still XP it's in the Documents folder. Haven't checked where it is located in Windows 7, don't have the new Sylenth installed on the Win 10 laptop)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: I wouldn't want them in my VST folder because some hosts do a scan every time they start after a boot and more files just means slower loads.
I don't think hosts will scan anything else than the .dll files, hence it won't slow it down.

chk071 wrote:
Teksonik wrote: I wouldn't want them in my VST folder because some hosts do a scan every time they start after a boot and more files just means slower loads.
I don't think hosts will scan anything else than the .dll files, hence it won't slow it down.
And how do they scan ? By looking in a folder.....if they have to scan past a non .dll file then....we'll you can take it from there. Sylenth has hundreds of patches. I don't want to bloat my VST folder with them. Imagine if every plugin you own stored hundreds of patches in the VST folder.......messy.

Anyway do whatever you wish but only files that must be in my VST folder reside there. Beside who backs up their .dlls every day ? :wink:

As an example:
EvilDragon wrote: It seems that Albino3Banks and Microtuning folder always need to be right along the plugin's DLL file... I'd like to have all the presets and necessary plugin files placed outside of my VST plugins folder. There are thousands of files/presets/scales in there, and this (believe it or not) actually makes Reaper load slower than it should (because it enumerates files in the plugin folder/s before it scans for changes in DLL files etc. - and we cannot disable this unfortunately!).
Last edited by Teksonik on Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Well, if it were only the LD folder it wouldn't be a problem n terms of backups. But every other program creates folders in various directories such as appdata. Since I only backup a few specific folders, I want to keep it to a minimum.

Do I have to uninstall V2.x first?

fluffy_little_something wrote:Do I have to uninstall V2.x first?
I didn't. But then I didn't even have to use the new registration process it simply found and used my old key. I don't know if that's the best way to do it but it worked for me.....you'd better check with LD just to make sure.

Return to “LennarDigital”