Ilya Efimov Nylon - control keyswitches with velocity

Official support for: ilyaefimov.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi there,

I'd love to purchase the nylon guitar but the only thing stopping me is the keyswitches. it's impossible for me to play live with keyswitches as well as do my arrangements with my left hand so is there any way to control keyswitches with velocity?

E.g. legato between 0-115, slide up between 116-127 etc

thanks for any help.
Sal

stalian87,

Thank you for your interest in our products. As I understand you would like to assign several articulations to one particular keyswitch, but to its different velocity ranges? Unfortunately, it's not possible, because each keyswitch is already velocity dependent, e.g. F#0 turns on artificial flageolet with high velocities and natural flageolet with low velocities. Such flexible and custom control mapping you suggested for live purposes would be very hard to realize technically.
official representative of Ilya Efimov Production

I think he means velocity sectors directly on The played note. Lets say G2 vel0-115 plays G2 (legato), G2 vel111-127 plays G2 (slide up).
With this, you can play some articulations w/o keyswitches. Some other Guitar devs (OTS eg.) follow that approach.

Oh, I'm sorry, now I got it. Sounds reasonable, but our library has slow and fast slide-ups of 1 and 2 semitones. With such versatility keyswitches are necessary.
official representative of Ilya Efimov Production

Return to “Ilya Efimov Production”