Corebass Pear Slides

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm having problems getting slides to work properly in Corebass pear. I have the slide mode set to my Sustain pedal, however it's random at best to actually get a slide executed. I can play the same interval several times, and only occasionally get the desired effect.

Am I doing something wrong...what is the proper techinque on using slides?

Bear in mind that if you're trying to get wider slides, you have to override the automatic string selection and force the starting and destination notes to get played on the same string. There are keyswitches at the bottom of the MIDI keys that select each string, so just keep the appropriate key held during the slide, and you can do much wider slides. For most cases, if you're just sliding a half or whole-step you usually don't need to do that, of course.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Ah that makes sense! Thanks!

One other quick question, is it possible to turn off hammer-ons? Often times when I'm doing a walking bass line, there will be a slight overlap in the note transition which causes an unintended hammer-on. It's a neat feature, but for the music I'm recording for, a hammer on would rarely if ever be implemented, so it causes a little frustration when I have to play each note absolutely precise to avoid this.

The legato can't currently be disabled, unfortunately. However, I should mention that we're currently working on adapting the Evolution guitar engine for bass. When that's done we'll bring libraries like CoreBass Pear, Iconic Bass Jaco, etc., into the Evolution engine, which has a lot more control over elements like legato.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Awesome, can't wait for that...love the Evolution engine!

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”