Meet The New Evolution Strawberry & Steel Strings

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Unless you appreciate some bugfixes and continued support on the KP version, no. Greg won't be updating the non-KP versions of these libraries anymore, AFAIK.

Logistically it's going to be too difficult to maintain parallel updates for both Kontakt Player and non-Player editions. Also, it should be mentioned that proper factory snapshots require the library to be encoded for the Kontakt Player--otherwise the user would need to copy snapshots to their "Documents / Native Instruments / User Content / Kontakt" folder, which is way less convenient than having a factory snapshot folder within the library's own folder.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

I read fine, normally, but this is confusing. No problem understanding need to avoid maintaining two separate versions, but are you saying the 'full' Komplete10/Kontakt5 version will not be updated while the Kontakt Player version will be ?? Having just purchased EV Steel Strings AND Strawberry, what is the OTS plan from here forward? I trust I am just having a oldheimer's experience :dog:

Not the be rude but the replies are very ambiguous.

I simply asked if users don't use komplete kontrol or the free player is there any need to upgrade ?

Simply.

topaz wrote:Not the be rude but the replies are very ambiguous.

I simply asked if users don't use komplete kontrol or the free player is there any need to upgrade ?
If you already own the full version of Kontakt, and don't use Komplete Kontrol hardware (or the software), the main difference is the change to using snapshots for presets.

Kontakt's snapshot system is a big upgrade over the previous preset system because your own user presets will show up on the same dropdown menu, in a "User" submenu. The old system's user presets were solely external NKA files you'd have to load, and once loaded you couldn't see the preset name (due to limitations with scripting). The other nice thing about snapshots is that you can load them directly in Kontakt as if they were an NKI patch--they'll automatically load the necessary library in the process. If the library is already loaded, this preset switch happens pretty instantaneously.

At this point, that's the main difference for people who already own the full version of Kontakt and don't need NKS (Komplete Kontrol) integration.

However, as we release additional updates and improvements to the new Kontakt Player edition, there will be more reason to upgrade. That being said, I should mention that the upgrade price isn't a time-limited thing, so there's no rush. The non Kontakt Player edition will stay in your account where you can download it at any time.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

ok cheers Greg

I always use guitar rig anyhow.

best
Matt

sostenuto wrote:I read fine, normally, but this is confusing. No problem understanding need to avoid maintaining two separate versions, but are you saying the 'full' Komplete10/Kontakt5 version will not be updated while the Kontakt Player version will be ?? Having just purchased EV Steel Strings AND Strawberry, what is the OTS plan from here forward? I trust I am just having a oldheimer's experience :dog:
The old, non-Kontakt Player editions are now replaced with the new editions that license the Kontakt Player, so if you bought the libraries November 7th onward, you own the new Kontakt Player versions. These new editions can be used in the full version of Kontakt of course, but unlike the old versions they will also work in the free Kontakt Player, which is great for people who don't own Kontakt but want to use the libraries.

You own these new Kontakt Player versions, so don't worry, you're all set to receive updates released for those libraries in the future. :)
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Hi,

Are you able to reveal an approximate date for a Banshee NKS update?

We're sorting that out right now with NI, since it requires some re-encoding for all the NKS integration.

In the meantime, we just got nylon guitar library back as well as the encoded edition of Evolution Stratosphere, so those will be available very soon!
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Gregjazz wrote:... we just got nylon guitar library back as well as the encoded edition of Evolution Stratosphere, so those will be available very soon!
Greg just made my day.

Gregjazz wrote:In the meantime, we just got nylon guitar library back as well as the encoded edition of Evolution Stratosphere, so those will be available very soon!
Now that Modern Nylon is out (thank you VERY much), is it time to ask about the encoded edition of Stratophere?

Right now we're working on more videos for Evolution Stratosphere before releasing it, since a lot of the video tutorials for the Evolution guitars are a little outdated now that they're integrated with NKS. For example, the factory presets now use Kontakt 5's snapshot system, which involved some graphical changes.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Any recent updates on the Kontakt Player version of Stratosphere? Thanks!

We just finished the new video tutorials (totaling over 45 minutes worth!) since the existing tutorials are pretty outdated now that the Evolution guitar engine is NKS-ready and has other additional features. So we're getting really, really close!
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Gregjazz wrote:Right now we're working on more videos for Evolution Stratosphere before releasing it, since a lot of the video tutorials for the Evolution guitars are a little outdated now that they're integrated with NKS. For example, the factory presets now use Kontakt 5's snapshot system, which involved some graphical changes.
Hi, Gregg,
Will these video's include 'In The Style Of' tutorials we mentioned in the forums?.

Cheers, mate.

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”