How best to setup Stratosphere multitrack thru FL10 for stereo/L-R channel?

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys,

I'm an aging 'analogue' actual guitar player that has only recently been embracing this whole digital/DAW world, and even though I'm self taught on the axe, I'm finding the learning curve of this stuff surprisingly challenging, to put it nicely! As a 'responsible' consumer, I've exhaustively searched the internet for answers to my questions and am asking for help only because I've been unable to find my answer on my own.

Okay, I use FL Studio 10 (BTW, why the hate from exp. users about this platform? Seems to do the same the others do?), I was able to setup Shreddage X into two channel stereo only because of a video the creator graciously posted, but I have no idea how to separate Stratosphere into two channels when I set it to doubletrack. I realize I can just load 2 instances of EEG and route it thusly, but I really can't spare the CPU because I'm going to be putting an instance of GuitarRig5 twice, one on each channel, plus I don't want to have to keep 'mirroring' my playback pattern for each EEG instance.

Any help or suggestions would be helpful, I'm thinking I might be able to do this thru Kontact easier or thats how its done, hence I'm asking on the wrong forum, doh!!! Any assistance or direction you guys could generously provide would be genuinely appreciated!!

Sure--what you'll want to do is set the multitracking setting (in the setup page) to "double track". You'll then see an option become visible below called "multitrack output". Clicking on this will switch to a separate audio output mode rather than the automatic panning--that way each track will get sent out a separate audio channel.

Here's an animation showing how to access/set those controls:

Bear in mind that when you're using Kontakt's multiple audio outputs, the effects will be bypassed. That's because Kontakt's built-in send/insert effects only apply to the default audio channel. I guess that'll work fine for you since you would be using Guitar Rig for effects on each separate channel instead.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Greg, you truly are an awesome cat bro, hard working, diligent, considerate, patience. OT is lucky to have you amigo, I really appreciate not only the personal help, but all you do for the masses. You rock bro!

Thanks so much, I really appreciate it. :)
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”