Shreddage Not Recognizing Keyswitches

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been running Shreddage 2 in Kontakt with Logic.

Suddenly, it has stopped responding to keyswitches and articulation changes.

I've been using the default articulation set up so there are a mix of keyswitches and velocity changes in my file.

Everything was working, until a few minutes ago. Now it only plays the sustain articulation. I haven't touched the midi.

Any idea what could have gone wrong or how to fix it?

Thanks.

Hmm, is it possible your MIDI keyboard / piano roll got transposed up or down an octave by mistake? What happens if you actually click on the keyswitches in Kontakt's own keyboard (at the bottom)? Keyswitches are colored red by default
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

I did in fact mess with transposition on my keyboard right before the problem happened.

I finally noticed that my midi channel was on ALL but Shreddage was set to ch.1 Changing the midi to ch. 1 in Logic fixed the issue. It was just odd because staccato and sustain worked but nothing else did. No harmonics and no tremelo.

Also, just before the articulations stopped triggering properly all Shreddage II notes in my project had insanely long release time. Never seen that before. Once I restarted that went away but I just fixed the midi ch problem.

Not sure how things got messed up, but it definitely started when I changed octaves and I think I hit the advanced features button so maybe that scrambled things up.

At any rate, it appears to have been user error. Thanks for your response.

Ok I'm experiencing this problem again. This time I've double and triple checked that the keyboard is not transposed, that the midi channel is correct in both shreddage and logic.

I haven't touched my articulation mapping.

For some reason the velocity changes of my notes are not triggering the mute, hammer pull, and pinch harmonic articulations.

Manually pressing them in the Kontakt screen's keyboard also does not work. Shreddage signals that the new articulation is active, but using the mouse to press the keys produces the default sustain sound.

Oddly enough, the Staccato articulation does work.

This happens right in the middle of me working. One second everything this great, the next, it doesn't work. The only possible constant action I think I am honing in on is that this last occassion I was in the piano roll dragging a note around and I went way down into the negative octaves and heard some strange noises down there. That's it. Other than that, I have no clue what could be triggering this because other times it appeared to happen out of the blue. It has happened at least half a dozen times now.

Also, my external keyboard is not triggering any sound. I can see the note being received by Logic but no sound comes.

Restarting Logic fixes the problem until it occurs again.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Actually, this time restarting didn't fix it.

But I just realized that if I re-load my preset that fixes it. Hopefully that is the end of this issue. Sorry for all the posts!

Return to “Impact Soundworks”