MXXX and Surround

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey Vojtech, can you ensure that you can get MXXX working in surround please?

In Reaper I am having diffuculty getting MXXX updating to work in 7.1. As you can see from the image, i have a DynamicEQ set to 7.1 and the meters show 8 channels as expected. In MXXX with the same 7.1 setting, only 2 channels are shown. This is on the same track in Reaper, so I dont think it is a Reaper issue.
Mxxx 7.1.jpg
Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Just a heads up, your MDynamicEQ window only shows 6 channels of metering, not 8.
Desktop: Win 7 Pro SP1 | i7 960 (4 cores 3.2 GHz) | 16 GB RAM | GTX470 | SSD boot plus 3x HDDs
Laptop: Win 8.1 | i7 4710HQ (4 cores 2.5 GHz)| 16 GB RAM | GTX850m | SSD boot plus one HDD

Yeah, I'm working in 5.1 not 7.1 so I disabled those channels. Maybe I should have mentioned that, sorry for any confusion :D

Hehe yeah, the multiband plugins usually show only 2 channels, simply because there is no space for all of them :D. Reaper always processes all channels (which is a huge waste of resources...), so I think it should work fine.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Yeah, I double checked and you're right, it does work correctly, just doesn't show the meters. My preference would be to show all the meters in multiband plugs too. The plugs that currently do support it (like the EQ above) handle it very elegantly, adding the extra meters as soon as they're enabled (good job!)... so only the people who are working in surround will see surround meters, and we generally really care about this stuff!

I understand it's a niche area, but with things like MXXX and your channel matrix, the possibilities in surround with melda plugs are really compelling.

Well, it's really like a practical problem - there just wouldn't be enough space in these plugins... They are huge :D. But in MXXX you can just insert MLoudnessAnalyzer and show it as popup for example ;).
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Return to “MeldaProduction”