Thesys not playing mono legato correctly

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Trying out Thesys and there seems to be a problem when playing a mono legato synth. This is what happens:

Starting a new project in Live.
Loading Sylenth on a midi track and Thesys on another one.
Loading the init preset in Sylenth, making a basic mono legato patch.
Loading the 'transpose me' preset in Thesys.
Routing Thesys to Sylenth as described in the manual.

Now, on playback, some notes are played legato and others aren't. Seems weird since all steps have a 1.0 gate time.
When I record the midi and play it back, everything sounds as expected. No legato. There are some minor grid offsets in the end and start times of the notes, but no overlap though.

Also tried it with Massive and got the same result. Same procedure in Reaper and got similar results (faulty legato triggers).

I had expected to be able to program a sequence where 1.0 gate time means no legato and everything above does. The fact that the playback and recorded midi sound different makes it unusable alltogether.

Or maybe I'm missing something basic here...

I'm on Windows 7 64 bit SP1 with an RME Babyface. Latest versions installed on all software.

Hi Paz Lenchantin,

I've tested it here and it works as it should. Have you the latest version of Thesys installed?
Which Trigger Mode in Thesys are you working with (Host, Note On, Note Toggle)?
If you could take some screenshots or even a screen video to support@sugar-bytes.de this could really help us a lot to get an idea what's going on.

Best,
Nadine

Hi Nadine,

I used the demo version of Thesys (downloaded 3 days ago). Trigger Mode is set to Host.
I sent you a screen video, hope this helps.

Grts

Return to “Sugar Bytes”