MDynamicsLimiter parameter linking

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I want to link Ceiling and Threshold in a multiparameter since this is very effective for cutting the peaks only and leaving the rest unaltered but the two parameters don't really follow each other. Both are set to -24db - 0db and using interval. It's as if one of them already has a transformation curve applied. Not a problem really but I'm just curious why it doesn't work.

Hmmm, I don't really follow, could you be more specific? And possible send me the settings using copy & paste as text?
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

I want both of them to follow the same range from -24 - 0 db when I turn the multiparameter. But the numbers are not the following each other. I'll send the patch when I get back.

Confirmed here - I added a Transformation Shape to the Threshold to get them (almost) equal values:

For comparison, I added Input Gain; and Ceiling and Input Gain did keep the same values.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Exactly. I also made a transformation curve to make them follow but it's not fully possible and I just thought it might be an unintended feature :D

Aaaaaha, that's what you mean. I'm afraid that won't work simply because the units are different. Ceiling uses linear dB scale, threshold uses nonlinear dB scale, both for sake of ease of use. No way around it except for text edit.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Alright I'll be ok with the transformation curve.
I'll suggest a link feature then.

Maybe you could try using banks mode in the multiparameter.
If you use 25 banks, the first at 0db then -1db, -2db etc.
Make sure interpolate values is selected.
I've not tried it, but this might keep the two values more closely linked, worth trying.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

Just gave it a try and it works very well.
The most they fell out of sync with each other was 0.01db
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

Sounds interesting! I'll have a look at it. I haven't actually gotten into the banks stuff yet so this seems a good opportunity.

Yes it works very well jmg8 thanks :)

Return to “MeldaProduction”