midi control question-assignment resets to default position

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I recently picked up the Powersynth demo and I love it. Programming it has mostly been intuitive but I am having problems with assigning midi. I pulled up the midi dialog and selected osc1, transform, pulse width. Then I clicked learn and turned a knob on my keyboard. At first it seems to work but the depth knob keeps re-setting to the default position, even as I am actively turning the knob on my controller.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jb

Thank you!
Could you send me a screenshot of the MIDI settings? From you write it looks like you didn't set the range for the MIDI parameter.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

I've just tried it here - after MIDI learning the parameter to my controller, I forgot to turn off the [Learn] button. So it stayed on. When I play any note the mapping is change to "Special velocity (on)". Is that what's causing the issue you see?
Last edited by DarkStar on Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Hey thanks to Darkstar and Melda for the quick response. Darkstar had the answer, I now have 8 knobs assigned on my Evolution X-session, ya it's old. Can I save this midi assignment set up for new instances of Powersynth? Presets maybe?

I automated some of the percentages in the Multiparameters and Modulators section with my mouse, but can't find a way to assign a knob to the overall percentage level. Tweaking the percentage level created some amazing morphing bass modulations, knob assignment would be great if anyone knows how to do that.

Thanks
jb

Sure can: In the MIDI Setting window, click {Presets] in the title bar, then click [Add] on the left-hand side of the Presets window to add a folder, name it, then click [Add] on the right-hand side to save the preset and give it a name.

Image >>> http://i.imgur.com/Ofc9zK1.png

Can you post a screenshot showing what you mean by "overall percentage level"?
Inspired by ...

Hey Darkstar

Here is the screen shot. Dragging the mouse up and down changes the percentage of the values assigned in the multiparameter. This preset has cutoff, bite, wobble etc. I like the real time sound as the value is being changed, so linking a knob to that from my controller would really satisfy my inner geek. I have been successfully making presets from scratch all day after you pointed out my previous mistake, thank you :tu:
psynth shot.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

... :)

Inspired by ...

Ah from Globals menu :dog: , not the sub menu, thanks again.

You're welcome. ;) We all started out somewhere, sometime
Inspired by ...

Return to “MeldaProduction”