Falcon Singles - just released: Metal Percussion

Official support for: patchpool.de
Post Reply New Topic

aMUSEd wrote:Sweet - thanks for this great addition to Falcon Simon, and for taking care of your Scattered Entity owners.
completly agree here

thank you again Simon and have a nice weekend

Here comes a first improvised demo for the next Falcon Singles-library, Bass Flute, this is a patch using re-synthesized bass flute samples (additive re-synthesis), layering them with a wavetable pad using a flute wavetable and some glass chimes run through tuned combfilters:

https://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/ ... bass-flute

Whence comes the Hang?
Tangled roots perplex her ways.

anxiousmofo wrote:Whence comes the Hang?
After cutting another few hundred more samples and actually making the Falcon patches, so within the next 2 months I'd assume.

I will be ready.
Tangled roots perplex her ways.

I shall deliver.

A video demonstrating/improvising with the patch Overtone Sculpture Split from Falcon Singles - Bass Flute.

Patch description:

Upper register: overtone texture performed on a bass flute, layering the dry and a processed/re-synthesized version, both sounds running in granular mode have a dedicated volume control. Controls for grain animation (via random LFO) and grain size are available, tempo-synced amplitude modulation can be dialed in.

Lower register: drone scape derived from the dry overtone texture, audio-morphed with a vocal sound.
A velocity-sensitive, tempo-synced filter envelope can be dialed in , sample start control via velocity is assigned to a Macro, tempo-synced amplitude modulation can be dialed in.

There are two sweeping filter signals and the dry signal which can be blended with the 3 assigned Macros.

MW detunes the grains in the upper register and adds flanger FX to the bass drone.

20 Macros and a reverb-freeze switch are installed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_M6ZEWPPkk

Two more patches from the upcoming bass flute-library in a slightly epic and darkish track, the multi-sampled, key-switchable dynamic round robin flute meets a split patch with sounds all derived from bass flute - 100% Falcon, only a limiter on the master outputs.

Here comes the 4th release for the Falcon Singles series - Bass Flute - a falconized excerpt from my HALion 5 library Aureus Ventus:

Falcon Singles - Bass Flute is an expanded and falconized excerpt from Aureus Ventus for HALion 5. Multi-sampled bass flute dynamics, overtone beauty, mysterious soundscapes, audio-morphed and re-synthesized sounds, dark drones, granular phrases, pads, an organ flute, a key slap bass and some glass chimes. For the main acoustic instrument 14 pitches were sampled with vibrato, 6-7 notes per octave between B1 - C4 with creshendo, decreshendo - sampled with 2x round robin.

Up to 20+ Macros and switches plus the modulation wheel are assigned in each patch, many also use aftertouch, providing detailed control over volume envelopes, filtering, amplitude- and pitch modulations, EQ-ing, dynamics, stereo animation and more. All patches use some sort of background image in the UI, split patches have colored key-zones in the Falcon keyboard for easier navigation.

You can view/download the PDF for this library with more details, the licence agreement, and the patchlist including descriptions and playing tips here.

Content:
  • *11 patches
    *359 MB of samples (78 wavs/stereo/48 Khz/24 Bit/phase-aligned), 2 wavetables, 4 background images for the UI.
    *Content is not encrypted, samples and wavetables can be used in other samplers and synths.
    *Delivery: download
    *Library size in total: 366.3 MB
    *Price: € 16 EUR (50% off for Aureus Ventus license holders)
    *Requires the full version of Falcon, does not work with the UVI player.
Product page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_M6ZEWPPkk

Thank's for reading!
Simon

I really like the Bass Flute, so it's a dream to get access to one on steroids! That last demo Flying Flutes sounds enormous !

I can hardly wait to get a try at playing it...

Overtone sculpture is simply amazing work..advance to the next level...
Last edited by TwoToneshuzz on Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

TwoToneshuzz wrote:I really like the Bass Flute, so it's a dream to get access to one on steroids! That last demo Flying Flutes sounds enormous !

Beautiful job...Nice to get it in the Falcon format, even though I have Halion 5..
I tweaked quite a few of the existing samples and also made new ones, using new methods of resynthesis and audio morphing which I learned since, also in the Halion lib the bass flute was more an add on, it needed a new and better focus.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
TwoToneshuzz wrote:I really like the Bass Flute, so it's a dream to get access to one on steroids! That last demo Flying Flutes sounds enormous !

Beautiful job...Nice to get it in the Falcon format, even though I have Halion 5..
I tweaked quite a few of the existing samples and also made new ones, using new methods of resynthesis and audio morphing which I learned since, also in the Halion lib the bass flute was more an add on, it needed a new and better focus.
It's definitely new and enriched work here that's easy to hear. That overtone sculpture gorgeus..
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

Bought!
This is a must have.
Windows 7, Cubase 9.5 and some extra plug-ins | Takamine EN-10C and PRS Mira

ErikH wrote:Bought!
This is a must have.
Thank you, Erik!

Thank you, Simon. It's a very good set and the makro's you chose are very well chosen - I usually prefer to start without reverb and delay and then add a little just to add a bit of 3D and it's easy to be able to do this with a makro. There is one patch in there that is extremely close to a sound I have had in my head for a few years now - the beginning of the Transporter - so that makes the set a 'no-brainer' for me.
Windows 7, Cubase 9.5 and some extra plug-ins | Takamine EN-10C and PRS Mira

Return to “patchpool”