StiX : MultiSynthesis Drum Machine (v1.6 Released + Flash sales)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
StiX

.jon wrote:If you don't like forums, don't read them.
If you don't like my reply, go and post your iLok-rant in a iLok-noiLok-thread :pray:
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

.jon wrote:
Lotuzia wrote: But I agree, it could have been worded in a more precise way.

So well, the important thing is that you can now get the soft ilok version and participate in the contest if you wish without having to use an additoional USB port on your computer, wich was your former question :)
Yes, it surely could have been, as well as the e-mail with the licence code which also only refers to USB dongle. This whole process of getting a simple VST plugin to run was quite tedious, and I had to create an account on some suspicious website and install their software which seems to want to run a service all the time.

There's a lot of room for improvement here, why not do normal copy protection like everyone else?
Glad you could make it work.

(Off topic : Like everyone else : Steinberg, Waldorf, Exponential Audio, Lexicon, Arturia, USB, PH Reason all use Ilok, Soft Ilok, or eLicencer to name a few major actors of the audio world. XIls-Lab propose the 3 possibilities. Normal doesnt mean too much : The only instruments I cant use anymore all had *normal* protections )
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

.jon wrote:I had to create an account on some suspicious website
Yeah that suspicious website that's probably the largest music software licensing company in the world. What's even worse is if you choose to buy the software you have to go through some suspicious website called Paypal and create an account, even worse the sods take money from your bank account. It's daylight robbery :hihi:

stardustmedia wrote:
If you don't like my reply, go and post your iLok-rant in a iLok-noiLok-thread :pray:
If you don't like iLok rants, tell developers to stop using such nonsense.

Thanks - we are all now well aware of your opinion - an opinion that the vast majority of people here think is ill informed, uneducated, unhelpful and just .... well .... wrong :wink:

Please stop hijacking this thread and go rant somewhere else ... this is not the place.

Sorry all ... I know I'm only encouraging this guy .... I just can't help myself :hihi:

I don't like dongles either, but even I'm annoyed by this guy.

Hope I can find some time for the contest... not much in the way of inspiration, currently, but making drum sounds is a fun way to pass the time.

MikeCallon wrote:Thanks - we are all now well aware of your opinion - an opinion that the vast majority of people here think is ill informed, uneducated, unhelpful and just .... well .... wrong :wink:

Please stop hijacking this thread and go rant somewhere else ... this is not the place.

Sorry all ... I know I'm only encouraging this guy .... I just can't help myself :hihi:
Sorry but I don't care about your ill informed, uneducated and unhelpful opinion any more than you care about mine. This thread is about Stix plugin, not your personal issues.

.jon wrote:
stardustmedia wrote:
If you don't like iLok rants, tell developers to stop using such nonsense.
And, as you so put it in another post,
.jon wrote:
MikeCallon wrote:Thanks - we are all now well aware of your opinion - an opinion that the vast majority of people here think is ill informed, uneducated, unhelpful and just .... well .... wrong :wink:

Sorry but I don't care about your ill informed, uneducated and unhelpful opinion any more than you care about mine. This thread is about Stix plugin, not your personal issues.
...then others are not interested in your non-Stix related comments :dog:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

.jon wrote:

So well, the important thing is that you can now get the soft ilok version and participate in the contest if you wish without having to use an additoional USB port on your computer, wich was your former question :)
Yes, it surely could have been, as well as the e-mail with the licence code which also only refers to USB dongle. This whole process of getting a simple VST plugin to run was quite tedious, and I had to create an account on some suspicious website and install their software which seems to want to run a service all the time.

There's a lot of room for improvement here, why not do normal copy protection like everyone else?
Hiya. Firstly, it's odd you've been a KVR member for 14 years and somehow don't know what iLok is! USB Dongle's are used by a variety of companies. They tend to offer strong protection. Xils Lab have had good luck with piracy while using the dongle protection. This is why they continue to use it. It is difficult and tedious to transfer over to a different copy protection scheme. The minority of users mind, so it's unlikely they will do so anytime soon.

If it's a big problem for you, don't use it. Send a message to Xils Support saying "Hi, I wish you guys offered non-iLok protection. Because of this I won't purchase the item." if this is how you feel. It lets Xils know that there is a demand for it. If enough people are like you, it will change. Otherwise, don't worry about it and use something else. (PS: This was all constructive advice. I hope you'll save me the oddness of a rude response.)

KingTuck wrote:
.jon wrote:

Hiya. Firstly, it's odd you've been a KVR member for 14 years and somehow don't know what iLok is! USB Dongle's are used by a variety of companies. They tend to offer strong protection. Xils Lab have had good luck with piracy while using the dongle protection. This is why they continue to use it. It is difficult and tedious to transfer over to a different copy protection scheme. The minority of users mind, so it's unlikely they will do so anytime soon.

If it's a big problem for you, don't use it. Send a message to Xils Support saying "Hi, I wish you guys offered non-iLok protection. Because of this I won't purchase the item." if this is how you feel. It lets Xils know that there is a demand for it. If enough people are like you, it will change. Otherwise, don't worry about it and use something else. (PS: This was all constructive advice. I hope you'll save me the oddness of a rude response.)
Seriously, if reading differing opinions is such a massive issue to you, then don't read this forum. And if you still want to keep discussing other users instead of Stix, go make your own thread and take it there. Just constructive advice, so save us from any further off topic nonsense.

People, just ignore the fool. Don't reply to his posts, it only gives him what he wants: attention. Children tend to seek negative attention if they don't receive enough love and care. I realize I'm gratifying him right now, as well, but that's forums for you. At least one post is necessary to let others know what you're doing. Having said that, I will henceforth ignore all of his posts, in the hope that we can salvage this thread - anyone want to join in? If you do, PLEASE don't reply. Silence is our best weapon, as is sticking to the topic.

Now if only I were wise enough to follow my own advice in other threads... :hihi:

KingTuck wrote:
.jon wrote:

Well I think that, at the very least, all this might have been usefull, in the sense that .jon is now aware that one can use all Xils-Labs synthesizers, including the StiX demo, without having to use a pshysical dongle.

As I see it, we all live with certain clichés in our heads, with old information that has not been updated for ages, or rechecked by ourselves, and that we take for certain, sometimes in the synth/musical instruments department, sometimes in many other subjects of life. The only way to deal with all that might be to simply stay open minded I think, and receptive to novelty. Just my two kopecks of course. Ymmv.

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

ariston wrote:......

Hope I can find some time for the contest... not much in the way of inspiration, currently, but making drum sounds is a fun way to pass the time.
Ime : Drums/percussion synthesis is different from all the general possibilities in synthesis. One have to think to things in a different way/approach. It's very interesting. And drum synthesis in StiX can certainly be a different experience than with other drum machines.

I'm sure you guys will surprise us with all the things you will do with StiX.

Can't wait to hear all that will come out of the contest !
--_________

On a side note Ariston : We might have found the explanation for some of the problems you explained ( like in gang mode, certain parameters could go below zero value.)

Oh, that's good! What about the strange behaviour of the init presets whenever I launch the plugin? Can you or anyone replicate that at all, or am I the only one with this bug? The sound is really loud, noise comes through even tho the level is turned down, and once I move Filter env knob or switch presets, it's back to normal.

And the FX section has something similar: I'll turn up the delay send on a sound and won't hear a thing (delay is of course turned on) UNTIL I move one of the delay config knobs... then it's there.

It's certainly not a showstopper, but kind of curious anyhow.

Hope I'm not bugging you too much with these bug reports.

One more question for today: are you considering improving on the distortion/bitcrush/SR module? I get that the distortion is really subtle, but I feel it needs to be more pronounced in order to be useful... maybe even include a few disto types. Otherwise, I'd just see myself disregarding this section and using secondary plugins. Oh, and some sort of compressor would be REALLY useful. Again, not some kind of subtle, delicate compression, but something pronounced, all-buttons-in so to speak.

stardustmedia wrote: The list :)
Hi Stardustmedia,

We've solved nearly all the typos and UI concerns of your list.

For example, you can now reset to default values the step velocity in the sequencer etc.

Also an FX 'pre-post fader' toggle might appear as soonn as in the next beta.( not 100% sure, but good chances there are )

The only thing we cant replicate at all in any of our systems is the reverb > 30% thing.

Well, I guess that when your list will be zeroed, we'll probably touch the sky :D Thanks again for your very serious tests and notes.

Return to “Instruments”