New DMG Audio Limiter - Limitless!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Limitless

lachrimae wrote:Vertical mouse works the same as horizontal for me:

Sorry - to clarify - if you set the Graph to Time, then dragging up/down on the graph gives you very fine threshold adjustment.

And as usual you can use shift to get even finer (with any drag).

Dave.
[ DMGAudio ] | [ DMGAudio Blog ] | dave AT dmgaudio DOT com

Man, this thing sounds so good!

I had to remaster our new CD with Limitless after redoing one and comparing it to the ones made with Elephant. It's made for a better, louder and cleaner result. I didn't prefer even one of the previous masters :)

One happy bunny here!

Cheers

Scorb
I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored...

I've had similiar experiences with Elephant vs. Limitless.

Actually yesterday I was comparing them to see how much I could push them while retaining transparency, and I was a little disappointed at how "little" I was able to get GR from Limitless (3-4dB!) before too much distortion. Then I noticed that I had forgot to bypass Elephant at the previous FX chain slot. :dog: And that thing was already maxed out.

I really can't afford this right now... then again I think I can't afford not to get it...

this plugin is simply amazing! thank you
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Eleventh wrote:Then I noticed that I had forgot to bypass Elephant at the previous FX chain slot. :dog: And that thing was already maxed out. .
Dave and I had a few moments like this during development whilst shooting it out against other limiters, we never found a way of getting it to eliminate user error. :wink:

trusampler wrote:this plugin is simply amazing! thank you
Glad you're digging it!

Krzysztof Oktalski wrote:Dave and I had a few moments like this during development whilst shooting it out against other limiters, we never found a way of getting it to eliminate user error. :wink:
Maybe your next products should be of UEL (User Errors Limiter) and should be called "Ulysses - The User Limiter" :D
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Installed it today, used it immediately on a track and I am very much wowed, incredible transparency and response, brilliant, simply brilliant!

Any chance of a limited version of Limitless for people like me who don't really use Limiters except to protect speakers and stop music clipping? Like Equick sort of.

That's actually not at all a bad idea I think. A simple "lite" version that can cater to the smaller budget and simpler needs. One that loads the basic styles and gives a simple threshold and ceiling without any analysis or other fancy stuff. Perhaps even include the clipper section for some added value. Then set price point at something like 59$ and DMG will be ruling the market when it comes to limiters. :D
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

I'd buy it at that price, the current version has too many options for me. Call it "Limited".

Or something with low enough CPU consumption to use on track stems :)

Limitless v1.02 out now :)

http://dmgaudio.com/limitless

- Fix time-graph alignment.
- Fix AU validation for Logic X / El Capitan
- Fix redraw crash
- Added Azuolas presets
- Fixed bug whereby saving a preset disabled left/right preset arrows.
- Pref for filled GR draw on time graph.
- Exporting of Loudness Data. (right-click history graph)
- Lock-out gain link control when gains are locked.
- Updated manual
- Fix handling of presets a/b load/save.
- Pref to ensure Ceiling doesn't jump after gain-link is disengaged
- Fixes for Sync mode on time graph.
[ DMGAudio ] | [ DMGAudio Blog ] | dave AT dmgaudio DOT com

We intend to build a range of tracking tools in the future, it's on the list. It's interesting to hear what people want from such a range.

DaveGamble wrote:Limitless v1.02 out now :)

http://dmgaudio.com/limitless

Not Found

The requested URL /dl/Limitless_v1.01/LimitlessMac_v1.02.zip was not found on this server.
Apache/2.2.22 (Debian) Server at http://www.dmgaudio.com Port 80

Not Found

The requested URL /dl/Limitless_v1.01/LimitlessWin_v1.02.zip was not found on this server.
Apache/2.2.22 (Debian) Server at www.dmgaudio.com Port 80
sound sculptist

Return to “Effects”