will we likely be gratified of a "Valhallaspring" plugin in the future ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BDeep wrote:Btw, Satin has a rather nice tape delay mode...
true, especially exciting mode with the combinations of all tape emulations into the feedback loop but i, for one, regret there's no long, frippertronics-like delay times

Mister Natural wrote:not sure what I might need a spring reverb for other than for Surf Guitar . . .
The snare drum in this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6f593X6rv8
Sam Trenholme — Software developer, electronic musician — Listen to my music: http://caulixtla.com/music

Mister Natural wrote:not sure what I might need a spring reverb for other than for Surf Guitar . . .
Hi, you don't - bye!
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

caulixtla wrote:
The snare drum in this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6f593X6rv8
Indeed i'm rather surprised that the Eurythmics chose such a boingy sound here, likely the simple and the stricly binary beat avoid the drum part to get too muddy

Thanks for the relevant example

:tu:

Krakatau wrote:
Indeed i'm rather surprised that the Eurythmics chose such a boingy sound here, likely the simple and the stricly binary beat avoid the drum part to get too muddy

Actually it sounds like a short (almost slapback) delay to me... :?

The "boing" of a spring-reverb typically sounds very different to my ears.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Try SKNote Necklace?
It's a nice versatile tweakable spring.
(apparently the website is down for a few days but will be back shortly)
SKnote is the Italian version of Valahalla DSP,
IMHO

jens wrote:
Krakatau wrote:

Actually it sounds like a short (almost slapback) delay to me... :?

The "boing" of a spring-reverb typically sounds very different to my ears.
You could be right, but honestly by listening closely i, for one, cannot make decision between the cases...

:?

I LOVE spring reverbs, I would love to see a ValhallaSpring! :tu:

A wider appreciation of musical genres and sounds, perhaps? :)

Used to occasionally use my CoolSpringsLE on the mix bus at very low level (sometimes before or after a Roland Dimension D), was great for ambient, and all the frequencies decayed at different times which was a well cool effect.

Krakatau wrote:
You could be right, but honestly by listening closely i, for one, cannot make decision between the cases...

:?
Probably I should come uo with a few real world examples then... :-)

Hermetech Mastering wrote:
A wider appreciation of musical genres and sounds, perhaps? :)
yeah, prolly should have phrased the Q? differently - "what would I use spring . . . ?"

so the classic Kingston Reggae verb was spring
Dub style uses it
occasional "deep" or "sponnnggg" effect
. . . anything else ?
just not sure my pieces would ever use this effect
but mad love for VVV and the VPlate !
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

You can use it on anything - it's just another flavour really.

I'd be all over a Valhalla spring - maybe because I'm such a dub fan. That kick-the-reverb-unit 'snare' sound is just wonderful. Makes me very pleased that the spring verb in Bazille has a 'shake' parameter. Shame there's no FX version.

A good few lo-fi tracks make great use of spring verb on vocals too.

Um, to play devil's advocate here: Springage is awfully good. Springbox sounds nice as well. Why another another spring reverb? Competition is good, yeah, but I feel that these two are already close enough to fool Jack White.

Now, as I've got the Vandal amp sim in my folder somewhere, and seeing as it's got an awesome spring reverb in there, maybe Sascha Eversmeier, now of U-He fame, could get crackin' on this one. Pretty please?

I remember smacking the side of my Twin Reverb with my hand in the 1980s in order to make a huge "bang" sound. Will VSpring also emulate that ?

8)
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Return to “Effects”