Korg Minilogue

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Guys what the f ?
I am doing you a service informing you about a possibility to buy the ML without having to wait months for some online store to get it from the manufacturer.
From what you said here i understand that the clicking is not a problem for you, so say "thank you for the info Mutant" and go buy it from that guy from GS.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Something with more voices would be awesome. Maybe a desktop module like the old Nova's? Whatever would still maintain the hand's on "gui" of the current Minilogue... which is great!

IncarnateX wrote:However, the deal was not to mention anything about clicks for a year, so in this respect the deal is broken.
I was not talking about clicks, just warning any possible buyer that THIS unit is the clicky one.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

how about not talking about talking about clicks for a year?

stillshaded wrote:how about not talking about talking about clicks for a year?
We could start a clique of those who promise not to talk about clicks. Or we could just talk about clacks instead.

Uncle E wrote:
Daags wrote:by the way...going back to the delay discussion, apparently the 1.04 firmware update 'drastically' improves the delay and apparently the noise 'issue' has been vastly improved.. :shrug: ... at any rate, explains why early demos definitely sounded like an analog delay to some, myself included.

maybe current owners in this thread can comment on this, when they get the chance
I've owned around 20 analog delays and really only the Electro Harmonix stuff and a couple no name Chinese pedals were noisy. Ibanez, Boss, Moog, and MXR delays aren't especially noisy. I would characterize analog delays as softer and rounder sounding than digital delays.

My experience with the pre-1.04 Minilogue delay was that it was noisier than I liked.
that's nice ... nevertheless, when the spec is ambiguous and noise is typically associated with analogue... you can't (or maybe you can?) blame folks for thinking 'analogue delay' before they think 'digital'...

anyway, i'm not sure what the point of this is ?

tell us about your experience post-1.04
can you confirm the noise issue has been rectified or not ?

Mutant wrote: I am doing you a service informing you about a possibility to buy the ML without having to wait months for some online store to get it from the manufacturer.
Really? So it is a good hint?
Strange because to me you just wrote is was a warning:
Mutant wrote: I was not talking about clicks, just warning any possible buyer that THIS unit is the clicky one.
This isn't even intelligent trolling, Mutant. It's just vulgar. :P

However at this point I am so tired of waiting for my unit that I almost wish you would be able to scare some early preordering customers away so I can advance at the waiting list. Though, I am afraid no one really interested in this synth is that brain dead.

How about sticking your head up your ass and suck up some lost brain cells before they are gone in the sewers?

Daags wrote:tell us about your experience post-1.04
can you confirm the noise issue has been rectified or not ?
I haven't used it post-1.04.

IncarnateX wrote:However at this point I am so tired of waiting for my unit that I almost wish you would be able to scare some early preordering customers away so I can advance at the waiting list. Though, I am afraid no one really interested in this synth is that brain dead.
We had Minilogue's in stock for a while with no one waiting on a waiting list. The last 2 finally sold yesterday. When the next batch comes in, there won't be any wait for them.

IncarnateX wrote:
Mutant wrote: I am doing you a service informing you about a possibility to buy the ML without having to wait months for some online store to get it from the manufacturer.
Really? So it is a good hint?
Strange because to me you just wrote is was a warning:
Mutant wrote: I was not talking about clicks, just warning any possible buyer that THIS unit is the clicky one.
This isn't even intelligent trolling, Mutant. It's just vulgar. :P
Yes it was a good hint for someone who doesn't mind the clicks in the video the owner posted and REALLY wants it ASAP, yes it was a warning for anyone who feels same way as the owner about the clicks.
Common sense, you don't have it - i really should ignore you.[edit] And so i did. Be proud ! :) I'm here since 2004 and you are the first one on the list lol.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Uncle E wrote: I've owned around 20 analog delays and really only the Electro Harmonix stuff and a couple no name Chinese pedals were noisy. Ibanez, Boss, Moog, and MXR delays aren't especially noisy. I would characterize analog delays as softer and rounder sounding than digital delays.
Thanks Uncle E

Honestly its been a long long time since I used an analog delay or analog chorus/flange, dunno how they perform nowadays. The better chorus/flange devices used compander chips that nicely squashed the no-signal-present noise, though there was some noise in there mixed with the signal when the compander would open up when playing sound thru the device.

So far as I recall, all the analog delays I fooled with had companders and were nicely silent unless you would play notes thru them.

The complaints I had which steered me away from BBD delay as soon as affordable digital delay came along-- A constant low-level distortion, and not a very good frequency response much above 1000 Hz, when using more than trivially-short delay settings. Guitar player friends got good use out of em, but they just sounded too dull and muddy to me, inserted on vocal or keyboards. Even the expensive "studio quality" units like that old Loft rack mount unit, or the old Yamaha rack mount analog delays.

Fer instance tape echoplex had its share of noise, hum, dropouts, warble, etc, but it was purt great to the ear for vocal or keyboards (or guitar). Echoplex wasn't "hi-fi" but had an intentional hi-mid boost, probably un-intentional high frequency rolloff, and probably intentional low frequency rolloff, which allowed low levels of delay to enhance a track.

Whereas the BBD delays didn't have much hi-mids and no treble at all, so they had to be turned up too loud before you could hear the effect, which only contributed a bunch of low-mid mushy confusion to the track so far as I could hear.

So maybe modern BBD delays have plenty of high mids and I would like em better, dunno. Am probably too opinionated and judgemental. Long ago discovered that I don't like beets, so I don't keep trying to eat beets nowadays just in case the taste of modern beets might have improved. :)

Mutant wrote:i really should ignore you.[edit] And so i did. Be proud ! :) I'm here since 2004 and you are the first one on the list lol.
Wow, so you got your butt spanked and now you run home to mom and shouts at me from the doorstep before locking the door. :hihi:

You are not just an arrogantly stupid amateur-troll then, but also a coward. Surely that will earn you even more respect that you already got from the KVR community. :tu:

Uncle E wrote:We had Minilogue's in stock for a while with no one waiting on a waiting list. The last 2 finally sold yesterday. When the next batch comes in, there won't be any wait for them.
You California youngsters are so spoiled with legal grass and all. Unfortunately I am in Denmark waiting for my minilogue to arrive from Thomann in Germany and it seems like it will take ages before they even get a stock. Ordering it from USA would cost me a fortune in import tax, so that is a no-go :(

IncarnateX wrote:
How about sticking your head up your ass and suck up some lost brain cells before they are gone in the sewers?
Rofl.. That's a good one

Ok sorry you're right. I shouldn't get in the way of your intellectual pursuits

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”