One Synth Challenge #83: MPowerSynth by MeldaProduction (Z.Prime Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Seen quite a few complaints about modulations being confusing so I'm wondering if any of you knew about that little button next to MOD 1 and so on? Click on that, click learn and just turn any knob you wish to modulate. Done!

yeay ! ckam
the mod in mps are so nice, the best for me, easy, mono or poly , a dream !
just one R click and basta !
so flexible, i prefer a lot of options than no option :)
i the quality of the osc are B.R.I.L.L.A.N.T
same for the filters and Fx
have you see the per parameters curve in the mod lfo/env/random.....
so mPowerfull

voted!

Damn, I listened to quite a few tracks and I realized I don't like MPS sound. At all. Very rarely do I get such a strong, clear signal from a synth...

urlwolf wrote:Damn, I listened to quite a few tracks and I realized I don't like MPS sound. At all. Very rarely do I get such a strong, clear signal from a synth...
What is it you don't like? I found I couldn't get quite the "warmth" I wanted for my track :dog: - I was pleased with the pads at the end though :)

dB

... and ...

********** DoctorBob has voted **********

but may re-arrange a little before the deadline. My top tracks were pretty clear, but as I said before I may need to trickle a few from each category down a bit (and maybe one or two up - hehe)

dB

doctorbob wrote:
urlwolf wrote:Damn, I listened to quite a few tracks and I realized I don't like MPS sound. At all. Very rarely do I get such a strong, clear signal from a synth...
What is it you don't like? I found I couldn't get quite the "warmth" I wanted for my track :dog: - I was pleased with the pads at the end though :)

dB
I think what he doesn't like, and this is the best way I can describe it, is the rather metallic, harsh sound of the synth. it's not smooth like you're typical synth. It's very digital sounding. When I created my sound library. I tended to avoid certain patches and drifted more to others. In other words, you really have to play to this synth's strengths and not its weaknesses.

As I am not a techie in any way, I couldn't even begin to explain to you why MPS sounds like it does. Don't get me wrong. I love its sound for certain things, especially if I want a very digital sounding track. But I would never use it to do analog strings that I want to sound like the old Solina strings from back in the golden days. It is just not capable of doing that kind of stuff convincingly.

Having said that, it is absolutely one of the most powerful synths I own next to Falcon. And even Falcon doesn't have all the filter types that MPS has. As far as filters go, nothing comes close to MPS, at least nothing that I own.

I would like to formulate this that the parameter range is quite small in which MPS sounds "warm" and "analog". The distortion in the filter sounds quite digital, missing some kind of "tube" something here, or multiple switchable modes for true analog feeling. And analog instability of pitch and phase for neat unison. :)

you can simulate pitch drift with the osc pitch env tremolo and phase with the random, if you don't like the unison, not really JP super saw,ok, you can do it with some mps instances in the fx section. I like the filter sounds, but the taste.....this synth is really powerfull, but it can be better, for sure, like all synths, let's wait for MYYY :)

but before MYYY, i would like to understand all the synth, eg, the math module in utility or the report latency....a lot to explore, i think, this synth could have an easy page for accessibility....

Voting is compulsory in Australia, Brazil, and the OSC, and I have complied. Good tracks all!

Voted :D

Enjoyed the great tracks this month and the sound of MPowerSynth!

:party: Now listening...all tracks...one by one. Gems: one by one. :clap:

Winning has never been prime focus for me to enter in OSCs, but, quality of my music has always been.

I feel I am no where. :oops: :dog:

Long way to go for me... very very long way. May the supreme power give me enough patience to carry on. :pray:

Am I feeling minority complex...?... :wheee: :bang: :uhuhuh:

At the same time... I feel proud to be heard by very good artists, at least. It's an honor for me to be part of KVR OSC UNIVERSITY. :hail:

Best of luck to all of you, great musicians. :tu: I'll complete voting soon.

I would like to echo this:
Dee.P.Tree wrote:Now listening...all tracks...one by one. Gems: one by one. :clap:

Winning has never been prime focus for me to enter in OSCs, but, quality of my music has always been.

I feel I am no where.
I know what you mean... so many talented producers around here!

(And, for what it is worth Dee.P.Tree, I think your music has many good qualities and is better than perhaps you think. Trust your path!)

Anyway, I voted, finally. Lots of amazing music, great work everyone :)

VOTED :hyper:

Return to “Instruments”