Simple filter/EQ ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ckam03 wrote:How are Cubase eq's not good for filtering? It has 48 db slopes
None of the Cubase VST EQs has 48dB slopes. And I wish I could use the channel EQ but the filters are not post fader ones.
Last edited by djeos546 on Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

djeos546 wrote:
ckam03 wrote:How are Cubase eq's not good for filtering? It has 48 db slopes
None of the Cubase VST EQs has 48dB slopes. And I wish I could use the channel EQ but the faders are not post fader ones.
I meant the channel EQ actually. "The faders are not post fader ones" Not sure what you're talking about. The gain knob on the channel strip is pre fader.

ckam03 wrote:Not sure what you're talking about.
I meant the filters (I guess I've been producing for too long and I'm really tired lol). The cubase filters are applied to the sound before it gets into the vst effects, I need them to be after (for distortion etc).

Dude there's a button that lets you put the inserts before the channel strip.

ckam03 wrote:Dude there's a button that lets you put the inserts before the channel strip.
Didn't know about that. I think I'll use that one then.

Lol. I'm trying so hard to save you money.

ckam03 wrote:Lol. I'm trying so hard to save you money.
Well thanks a lot you for that! ;)

My absolute favourite freeware filter... infact I like it better than a bunch of commercial plugins:

DJM Filter by Xfer Records (of Serum fame)
http://www.vst4free.com/free_vst.php?pl ... er&id=1226

Super low impact on CPU, intuitive low/high pass on the same knob and most importantly sounds gorgeous. Tiny, simple GUI ideal for multiple usage. Oh and 64-bit.

camsr wrote:
Nielzie wrote:ReaEQ or EasyQ or EngineersFilter perhaps for low cpu tasks with good results for free?
I thought the same thing using FL studio, but it turned out that the FL plugin parametic EQ was slightly faster than all of them. But it only does 48dB slopes when stacked 4 filters, each with independent Q adjustment :roll: .

Either ReaEQ or EasyQ are lightweight, but still have to stack filters to get steeper slopes.
What about RS-MET EngineersFilter then for steep filtering?
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

ckam03 wrote:Dude there's a button that lets you put the inserts before the channel strip.
Actually I just realized it puts the channel strip after the inserts, but not the filters.

Actually I just realized it puts the channel strip after the inserts, but not the filters.

darn i was going to suggest clean sweep pro upgrade for $49 cause it has a large variety of slopes and shapes, but it uses like 12% of a core, of a top of the range macbook pro quad i7 for one instance! Crazy cpu usage.

I really believe proQ2 or acon equalise is what you are looking for. Acon has more slope variety than proQ2, but proQ2 is that bit lighter.

FWIW with the just the high pass filter of proQ2 i can get over a thousand instances easy.. for any modern processor 200 low cuts using proQ2 is not a challenge, with plenty of headroom to spare.

TheoM wrote:darn i was going to suggest clean sweep pro upgrade for $49 cause it has a large variety of slopes and shapes, but it uses like 12% of a core, of a top of the range macbook pro quad i7 for one instance! Crazy cpu usage.

I really believe proQ2 or acon equalise is what you are looking for. Acon has more slope variety than proQ2, but proQ2 is that bit lighter.

FWIW with the just the high pass filter of proQ2 i can get over a thousand instances easy.. for any modern processor 200 low cuts using proQ2 is not a challenge, with plenty of headroom to spare.
Yeah Pro-Q2 seems the best choice. I've been demo-ing it and it seems to be very very light. :)

ddmf iieq pro

Melda Productions MEqualizer

Nielzie wrote:
camsr wrote:
Nielzie wrote:ReaEQ or EasyQ or EngineersFilter perhaps for low cpu tasks with good results for free?
I thought the same thing using FL studio, but it turned out that the FL plugin parametic EQ was slightly faster than all of them. But it only does 48dB slopes when stacked 4 filters, each with independent Q adjustment :roll: .

Either ReaEQ or EasyQ are lightweight, but still have to stack filters to get steeper slopes.
What about RS-MET EngineersFilter then for steep filtering?
It's only one filter type per instance.
Also it has a denormal CPU eater bug still :(

Return to “Effects”