Izotope Vinyl re-released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

this is *really* buggy in Logic. Hopefully izotope will fix it. There usual fine command key drag doesn't work (it just stops any knob cold), the knobs are jumping all over the place and now I am seeing knobs move positions when i do normal undo commands in Logic! very ver strange behaviour. I am quite surprised coming from izotope. Will try the vst through patchworx and see how we go.

the warp didn't work in Cubase on the other version. apparently the same for several other DAWs. Now it works :)
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

As discussed earlier, even though this is "free", iZotope require account signup / serial registration. I don't have a problem with that though... I mean, it could be worse. Look at Softube... they have 1 installer for all of their plugins, which is hundreds of megabytes in size, and you effectively have to install every single one of their plugins even if you are only authorised to use a few of them. Secondly it adds AAX folders/junk to your hardrive even if you don't need them. Thirdly... activation is via iLok which is a whole other can o' worms.

So in comparison, iZotope's system is a breeze.

MogwaiBoy wrote:As discussed earlier, even though this is "free", iZotope require account signup / serial registration. I don't have a problem with that though... I mean, it could be worse. Look at Softube... they have 1 installer for all of their plugins, which is hundreds of megabytes in size, and you effectively have to install every single one of their plugins even if you are only authorised to use a few of them. Secondly it adds AAX folders/junk to your hardrive even if you don't need them. Thirdly... activation is via iLok which is a whole other can o' worms.

Very good point.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Orbit-50 wrote:
MogwaiBoy wrote:As discussed earlier, even though this is "free", iZotope require account signup / serial registration. I don't have a problem with that though... I mean, it could be worse. Look at Softube... they have 1 installer for all of their plugins, which is hundreds of megabytes in size, and you effectively have to install every single one of their plugins even if you are only authorised to use a few of them. Secondly it adds AAX folders/junk to your hardrive even if you don't need them. Thirdly... activation is via iLok which is a whole other can o' worms.

Very good point.
Not really, it's an appeal to an extreme. Just because there are companies who have different or more onerous licensing concerns doesn't mean that the lesser extreme is good. A very similar sentence could be constructed where you compare to a company with better policies and it would make iZotope look bad.

Further, it assumes that the complaints are valid. If you don't like iLok, ok, but I like iLok and dongles in general. Second, I don't give a rats ass about a few hundred megabytes of disk space, and, if that means that I've installed all of their plugins and only have to buy a license to activate one of them, cool, that means only one process for ALL of their plugins. In a world where disk space is cheap, that seems like a good way to go to minimize customer hassle.

And another thing....

I was a bit annoyed too, that I am forced to provide all my address details, especially as i already have an account at izotop, but it may just well be that they are required to get billing information (e.g. because of those VAT MOSS regulations in Europe, a lot of online shops now require giving billing information whereas they didn't before) and they sure won't change their whole shop system for one free plugin. And of course, they have nothing against some more email addresses in their customer database... :)
What is really interesting that at the same time there is another thread here for a freebie (that bus compressor from dontcrack.com) which requires you to register and give full contact information to download - you even need to put your phone number there (seriously??). But it is izotope that get the flak... nothing there.

fese wrote:I was a bit annoyed too, that I am forced to provide all my address details, especially as i already have an account at izotop, but it may just well be that they are required to get billing information (e.g. because of those VAT MOSS regulations in Europe, a lot of online shops now require giving billing information whereas they didn't before) and they sure won't change their whole shop system for one free plugin. And of course, they have nothing against some more email addresses in their customer database... :)
What is really interesting that at the same time there is another thread here for a freebie (that bus compressor from dontcrack.com) which requires you to register and give full contact information to download - you even need to put your phone number there (seriously??). But it is izotope that get the flak... nothing there.
Nope, the only reason that they're not getting a lot of flak over that is because the giveaway is linked to Bernie's death and it would be tacky to do so. Nobody wants to be THAT guy.

What I'm curious about is the quality of the warp function in this plugin. Similar plugins have this function such as TONE PROJECTS Sonitex STX-1260 in the "pitch instability" section, AudioThing Vinyl Strip with the "wow" knob, or Interruptor WOW & FLUTTER (also de la Mancha unstable). Unfortunately all these plugins introduce a lot of aliasing which can clearly be seen if you feed them a sine wave and look a spectrum analyzer. The only plugin I've managed to do this cleanly with is D16 Syntorus set to 100% wet with the sine LFO. I would download Izotope Vinyl and try it myself if it wasn't such a hassle.... :hihi: So what do you guys report?

[double]

finally re-released also on OSX. Used to use it only on Windows. What a useful little machine

ghettosynth wrote:
fese wrote:I was a bit annoyed too, that I am forced to provide all my address details, especially as i already have an account at izotop, but it may just well be that they are required to get billing information (e.g. because of those VAT MOSS regulations in Europe, a lot of online shops now require giving billing information whereas they didn't before) and they sure won't change their whole shop system for one free plugin. And of course, they have nothing against some more email addresses in their customer database... :)
Nope, the only reason that they're not getting a lot of flak over that is because the giveaway is linked to Bernie's death and it would be tacky to do so. Nobody wants to be THAT guy.
Exactly, of the 4 or 5 KVR members 'capable' of making that post, they all chose, instead, to simply ignore the f**king plugin. My mind, boggled.

I guess you either don't mind jumping through a few hoops or it's against your personal views to do so.

A few years ago before I was into plugins (I just used the stock plugins in FL Studio religiously), a friend sent me a link to a Waves giveaway - a free commercial plugin. I entered my email address... then I read the instructions on how to get this 'Free' plugin working in my DAW... involving Waves Central, serial numbers and all that stuff. I honestly couldn't be bothered. Installing another piece of software just to install a plugin... seemed utterly ridiculous to me. And so my free Renaissance Bass sat in my Waves account for several years until I finally installed and activated it just recently. I'm grateful that Waves let it sit there.

I probably skipped downloading the original Vinyl dozens of times back in the day - I wasn't avoiding it, I just didn't care enough. I was a very casual user of plugins. If I had money I spent it on guitars, amps and pedals - not software. I had no idea there was a whole community of people who pour over plugin details like KVR.

Now I'm hooked!

My bank account hates me too :D

</derail>

Made this short track and ran it through Vinyl using the Warp for a BOC style sound.

https://soundcloud.com/voratix/cyan

Seems to work pretty good.
:borg:

Return to “Effects”