Oatmeal skins, patches and presets

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Oatmeal

Hey DonQuixote!

I tried to scale it x1.5 first but it's really ugly, because of pixel interpolation, so no i can't do that.
Have you looked at MrM's Skin?
http://bedroomproducersblog.com/2014/03 ... -mrm-blue/
i find it really usable and in between size-wise :)
(will send you a PM in case you don't read here)

BasariStudios wrote:WTF is Oatmeal?
One of the best freeware VSTi synthesizers.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Just so you know... oatmeal can do very well nylon guitar: https://soundcloud.com/ruberboy/oatmeal-nylonguitemu-01

Im working on it :D

Very nice. :)
Standard shape or hand drawn oscillators ?
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Well the original shape for a guitar is a Saw. its a mix between saw and square... simple. the demo uses a lot of compression and eq, flanger, reverb. BUT I have to say Oatmeal has better quality sound than most of the other free synths, in my opinion it is different sonically, but can make quite good sounds.

I have violin, flutes, etc... and Im surprised by the quality overall. LFOs and ADsR respond very well. Quality wise, even if the FM on oatmeal is only limited to 2 oscs, it rivals some of the PM synths I have here, even sounding better :D

Im still doing my bank for it, after finishing my synth1 bank yesterday. will update later. cheers.

Kel... that sounds fantastic!! Great job!
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Mutant wrote:
BasariStudios wrote:WTF is Oatmeal?
One of the best freeware VSTi synthesizers.
This many years in, and this is still so so so true.
It is a pleasure. I still use it all the time.
Fuzzpilzszss' effect plugin is worth a look too.

I still think there is something special about its sound.
It has some kind of consistently 'organic' sound to it. Even purposefully gritty harsh sounds have some kind of woody smoothness to them.
Probably in my head, but Ive heard it that same way for a lot of years now...

And wasnt the story that he almost didnt release it, was not happy with it, and disappeared after releasing it..? Im sure that thread is around here somewhere...
Tbvh, I was not sold on regular use until all the skins came out. Since then its been in very regular rotation though. I bet a third of my tracks have at least some little thing that is Oatmeal.
:tu: :tu: :tu:
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

Thanks, if you want to mess with the patches I will try to update it today and put it here on kvr. The guitar lacks some of the dynamics that will come later... the good thing is you can program harmonics, body sound, etc in different patches so everything is possible (for a good emulation, that is). Even things like round robin by using subtle differences (tone, adsr). ITs surprising how well sounds in the mix.

Not a lot of sounds yet, but its a start. I can say for sure, oatmeal is the absolute best freeware synth out there in this present moment with respect to synthetic voice creation.(in my honest opinion). May be there are better synths but they are not free. You cant get better price than free.

I tried some PM synths to test and still came with the oatmeal version sounding better. I dont know why, most of the time only using sync and not FM. I think its because of the filters and the quality of the synth overall. And, lets not forget its the first synth using a custom parameter for aftertouch that I havent seen in other synths and most important, works well.

I think Fuzzpilz made one of the greatest synth ever created, free or not.

Does anyone know something about the devlopment status? The Fuzzpilz/Jakob Katz page is down.

The development is completed, don't expect the page to go up ever.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Good to see much love for this amazing beautiful piece of software-art!
<3 Oatmeal

seems there´s a bug when loading patches, it makes the host to crash, think it´s the only bug i ever found in oatmeal, pitty we probably never see an update on oatmeal, i guess a improved patch system is the only thing i wish more for oatmeal!

now, i have no design skills but i´m trying to see if i can make a change on the great lumina skin, just a test to see if could look better, i find the knobs the way they are designed kinda small, im trying to do this Image, the cutoff knob is the change im trying to see if it can look better to me, the knobs files are 3 and they look like this Image... so cus i remember i saw here on kvraudio a software that could help creating knobs for vst skins, i just wanted to ask if this changes can be done easily or is something that take a lot of time for someone with no design skills, pls tell me if it´s something like i have to change each knob position one by one ...
thanks.

You need a program called knobman. It's very easy to use once you've figured it out
THIS IS MY MUSIC: http://spoti.fi/45P2xls :phones:

Edited
Last edited by donquixote on Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”