Tracktion 7 (Preview)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

metamorphosis wrote:I really don't give a shit. Each time I've checked out T5 and T6 they still have the same old bugs in them that I reported back in the early days of T4, and it doesn't improve. I give it 5 minutes each time, and inevitably I find 5 new bugs just by playing around. If you think serious studio professionals have time for this nonsense, you're wrong. We have time for stability, and tracktion isn't delivering, unfortunately - I'd like to see a professional product, not 'features'.
Thanks,
m
So you have a zero-bug DAW ? Tell us !
You can't always get what you waaaant...

Us serious studio professionals use Product.
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

It isn't always about zero bugs, but when some bugs are just ignored from day one, which turns in to day two, week one, month two, year three and so on, it gets a bit annoying, especially when said bug is a workflow killer (See NI and Maschine for the experts in ignoring bugs hahaha)
Duh

I always feel this type of business model encourages and rewards developers to hold back features and fixes so they can stuff them in the next pay-for update.
Developers gotta eat also, so you get what you pay for today and then tomorrow if you want something new, you pay for that also. Somehow, in this new age of entitlement, paying for new stuff has become evil. :hihi:

99.9% of all commercial software works that way. As much as I like the FLStudio & Reaper models, when people say... "Why doesn't everyone do that?"... they sound quite ridiculous.
rewards developers
Yep. That's the whole point of business, to get "rewarded" with money, so you can pay your bills. Otherwise, open a charity.

Now, everyone who feels differently, please tell us what - you - worked on for 6 months and just gave away for free. :lol:

stanlea wrote:
metamorphosis wrote:I really don't give a shit. Each time I've checked out T5 and T6 they still have the same old bugs in them that I reported back in the early days of T4, and it doesn't improve. I give it 5 minutes each time, and inevitably I find 5 new bugs just by playing around. If you think serious studio professionals have time for this nonsense, you're wrong. We have time for stability, and tracktion isn't delivering, unfortunately - I'd like to see a professional product, not 'features'.
Thanks,
m

reason is as close to that as you can get. I personally know people that use it, and wish it could do more as a DAW, but nevertheless stick with it and it's shortcomings simply *because* they have expected, stable, bug free operation for years at a time till maybe one peaks it's head and propellerheads squish it in a quick update.

The daw that doesn't crash or behave unexpectedly, and does each function it has as it was designed, is reason. That daw exists. Nothing is as close to bug free to bug free as reason.

TheoM wrote:
stanlea wrote:
Thanks,
m

reason is as close to that as you can get. I personally know people that use it, and wish it could do more as a DAW, but nevertheless stick with it and it's shortcomings simply *because* they have expected, stable, bug free operation for years at a time till maybe one peaks it's head and propellerheads squish it in a quick update.

The daw that doesn't crash or behave unexpectedly, and does each function it has as it was designed, is reason. That daw exists. Nothing is as close to bug free to bug free as reason.
Did they fix that buggy assed ir-reverb that they added to RV7000 or whatever they call it ? :hihi:

For those using Tracktion as their main DAW, how is it to have to upgrade to a new version every year?

Tracktion 4: Jan 2013
Tracktion 5: Feb 2014
Tracktion 6: Apr 2015
Tracktion 7: ? 2016

I would think that is time consuming and it also hampers creativity to have to get into and learn an updated interface ever so often

That's $120 in 4 years or $30 a year . I don't mind it you don't have to upgrade the day it comes out if you are afraid of bugs . Version4 was the only bumpy release cycle but by the time 5 came out 4 was really solid. I like Tracktion . Reaper is OK too.

Numanoid wrote:For those using Tracktion as their main DAW, how is it to have to upgrade to a new version every year?

Tracktion 4: Jan 2013
Tracktion 5: Feb 2014
Tracktion 6: Apr 2015
Tracktion 7: ? 2016

I would think that is time consuming and it also hampers creativity to have to get into and learn an updated interface ever so often
Those dates aren't quite right. I downloaded T6 on Feb 12th 2015. They all happened with a few weeks of NAMM. T7 will be Feb 2016.

Updating isn't obligatory and you can keep using the old versions. I like the fact that the new versions arrive regularly. There hasn't been an updated interface to learn that often, just some new features added to what was there before.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

jabe wrote:Updating isn't obligatory
Doesn't that go without saying

Which kind of DAW developer requires that users update to the latest version?

Numanoid wrote:
jabe wrote:Updating isn't obligatory
Doesn't that go without saying

Which kind of DAW developer requires that users update to the latest version?
I answered this question:
Numanoid wrote:how is it to have to upgrade to a new version every year?
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

So what you are saying is that Tracktion v4, v5 or v6 is future proofed for all OSX updates ever

A user will never have to update his/her version of Trakction as they version they have will always work with the lastest OS updates of Windows, OSX or Linux.

Is that so?

Numanoid wrote:So what you are saying is that Tracktion v4, v5 or v6 is future proofed for all OSX updates ever

A user will never have to update his/her version of Trakction as they version they have will always work with the lastest OS updates of Windows, OSX or Linux.

Is that so?
You do not have to update the OS either

Numanoid wrote:So what you are saying is that Tracktion v4, v5 or v6 is future proofed for all OSX updates ever
I believe I didn't say that. I said it wasn't necessary ever year.
Numanoid wrote: A user will never have to update his/her version of Trakction as they version they have will always work with the lastest OS updates of Windows, OSX or Linux.

Is that so?
I don't know. Perhaps for WIndows or Linux, but I understand Apple have little regard for backward compatibility.

Well I won't succumb to all that "Hype, hype, Hurrah" preview crap anymore.

I'll see it when a real (trial) version is released. :shrug:

Besides, I have little expectations as I see what TSC is doing recently. An atrociously ugly dark 'new' website with no public download area anymore, overpriced vanity products (that 'Copper' thing!) and their forum heavily censored! :-o (They removed all critical posts and topics!) :(

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”