Ableton Push support is here

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Push

@ Moss

Deleted script and Push preferences & re-downloaded / re-installed script, no change.

If I don't do the Ableton handshake first, AT is channel & definitely not polyphonic.

After handshake, polypressure works again.

Additionally I noticed that pad sensitivity is very different after handshake first (more sensitive)

Hope this helps

Best,
Bert

AuralBee wrote:@ Moss

Deleted script and Push preferences & re-downloaded / re-installed script, no change.

If I don't do the Ableton handshake first, AT is channel & definitely not polyphonic.

I verified that the version of Push4Bitwig is 7.30.

Additionally, I deleted the device from the configuration and re-added it. Still no dice.
Additionally I noticed that pad sensitivity is very different after handshake first (more sensitive)
Same experience here. Before the handshake with Live the pressure only kicks in at pretty hard pressing. Afterwards it's continuously evolving as long as my fingers are applying downward force on the pads. polyAT is some serious business. It's night and day between the before and after launching Live experiences, and precisely what I'd hoped to find in the new pads.

EDIT:
ceasless wrote:precisely what I'd hoped to find in the new pads.
In the context of this amazing script that moss has provided so graciously, and this relatively unbelievable DAW that we're running. I was about to send this thing back, the CA is exactly the stabbing I wanted to get away from. But when the polyAT is working, it's a completely different story.

Thanks again, moss and Bitwig! :tu:

AuralBee wrote:@ Moss

Hope this helps

Best,
Bert
What Firmware are you running on Push 2? Is it already the new 47? I am on 45.

@ Moss:

Yup, 47 it is

I'm at the latest as well.

AuralBee wrote:@ Moss:

Yup, 47 it is
Yeah, great, I have the same problem now with 47 :x

moss wrote:
AuralBee wrote:@ Moss:

Yup, 47 it is
Yeah, great, I have the same problem now with 47 :x
Ok, stupid me. :clown:
Check out the new version on GitHub, which should fix the problem.

Man, you are fast!! I will check tomorrow a.s.a.p. & report back, thanks!

Moss = boss ;-)!

Nice, polypressure it is !! Thanks!!

Hi moss,

I may have misunderstood something here I don't think the "return to zero" transport function is working correctly.

I am assuming this is supposed to work the same way as the spacebar (as play button) in that you set your loop points on the timeline, you press play to start playback then pressing play again returns to the start of the loop.

What is currently happening when this option is enabled is that pressing play while transport is running just returns to bar 0 on the timeline regardless of where my loop points are.

I'm sure this was working in previous versions of Bitwig and/or the P4B script. I'm wondering if this is a bug or not.

I am using 1.3.6 and the P4B script from 31 Jan.

Thanks.

futuresproof wrote: I may have misunderstood something here I don't think the "return to zero" transport function is working correctly.
I am assuming this is supposed to work the same way as the spacebar (as play button) in that you set your loop points on the timeline, you press play to start playback then pressing play again returns to the start of the loop.
No, as the name implies if you activate it it returns to the start of the song (play position 0). That feature was requested by several users.

moss wrote: * Push 1/2:
* New Workflowsetting: Auto-Select drum channel (Off, Channel)
:o :o YES!!!!
Soooooooo freaking happy with this one!
Thanx a million!!! :party: :tu: :hug:

Hi.

Im still having problems with DMaschine and layers. (tried on different PC with linux here i use W7)
It frequently freezes my push-1 screen, and does not react anymore. Strange thing, it goes into session mode, or note mode, and lets me select the master channel with the master button, and you can see it on computer screen, but my push-1 screen just freezes. (and after putting it on/off it happens instantly, or it crashes BWS)
Am i really the only here that have that problem?
Did send crash reports etc. And they looking into it.

BUT im wondering if its just me.... :( :?: :?:

Do i need to update my push? 1.16 is the latest i see now. (i dont have/own ableton.)
Im in total darkness here...

moss wrote: No, as the name implies if you activate it it returns to the start of the song (play position 0). That feature was requested by several users.
Ok thanks, I think I must have re-mapped the play button to get it to function the way I wanted and then saved it to a default template. I have a new PC and was wondering why I couldn't get it to work. Thanks for clearing that up.

codec17 wrote:Hi.

Im still having problems with DMaschine and layers. (tried on different PC with linux here i use W7)
It frequently freezes my push-1 screen, and does not react anymore. Strange thing, it goes into session mode, or note mode, and lets me select the master channel with the master button, and you can see it on computer screen, but my push-1 screen just freezes. (and after putting it on/off it happens instantly, or it crashes BWS)
Am i really the only here that have that problem?
Did send crash reports etc. And they looking into it.

BUT im wondering if its just me.... :( :?: :?:

Do i need to update my push? 1.16 is the latest i see now. (i dont have/own ableton.)
Im in total darkness here...
This wasn't happening to me before I upgraded to Push 2, on OS X though.

Return to “Controller Scripting”