SynthMaster 2.6, 2.7 roadmap, add your feature requests...

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

kv331 wrote:
fnors wrote:Any indication that a control is being modulated and that is being modulated . Something similar to what happens or Massive in Serum.
Yes that's in our TODO list for v3.0, that's a must for v3.0

EDIT: we're actually planning a SynthMaster "Basic" release before releasing v3.0, we might introduce those features in the "Basic" version.
Finally! Great to hear this. :tu:
For such a powerful and complex synth, this feature is "ice water in hell". (Steve Job) :D
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

liquidsound wrote:
kv331 wrote:
fnors wrote:Any indication that a control is being modulated and that is being modulated . Something similar to what happens or Massive in Serum.
Yes that's in our TODO list for v3.0, that's a must for v3.0

EDIT: we're actually planning a SynthMaster "Basic" release before releasing v3.0, we might introduce those features in the "Basic" version.
Finally! Great to hear this. :tu:
For such a powerful and complex synth, this feature is like a "glass of ice water in hell". (Steve Job) :D
Double Post :oops:
I guess I was thirsty....
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Do you have decided about upgrade price between 2.x and 3.x and about grace period for people that are buying 2.x now or recently?

edit: Ok, just read it in the FAQ : http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 8&t=424084

Hi everybody,
i have purchase SM today,
i wish some others spectral process in a future update/version :)
thanks!

and the possibility to have a spectral shape active when you pm a modulator with another(spectral shape for the the mod and the carrier)

Also, the possibility to add tags to the presets, in order to facilitate classification and searching, in the same manner photography softwares like Lightroom do. The current categories could be default tags. I guess this could be quite easily implemented using a SQLite dll.

As a general idea, I think using SQLite instead of text files for presets management would be a million times more robust and easier to develop. The browser is rather fragile and it's not very surprising there are bugs around it and the preset files.

Option for the arp to play in a major minor key with the ability to pick root note for key.

More soundbanks for classic sounds.

I'm totally able to program my own sounds, but sometimes I get an invite to a gig, and: too many gigs, too little time. Soundbanks for Rush sounds and Nine Inch Nails would be nice. :)

duophony! duophony + ring modulation allow some nice ideas.

A small yet significant detail that needs addressing (in my opinion).

Shouldn't oscillator drift be polyphonic? As it is now, all voices drift from the same modulation source (apparently). This is not how analog oscillators would behave. And also, I'm not just being a purist here. If you want to get the classic out of tune polyphonic analog sound (a personal fav), you have to have each voice randomly detuned by a different amount. I do this via the modulation matrix with a random source, but it would be easier to do in the oscillator section.

you know.. maybe it already is. I can't tell, lol. It might be nice to have the amount knob have a higher range?

A more comprehensive keyscaller? somethink more like modmapper on Zebra.

I tried to create a 'harmonizer', where the second oscilator would play a third upon the first, following the scale. By example, I play E, this osc sounds G, F#->A and G->B. I tries to use keyscaller but there's no way to enter a exact value corresponding to some nome, so my plan failed :(

I'd like to see different filter modes with things like pre filter bit reduction, gain and feedback controls. Maybe emulations of ms-20 filters. Add a dedicated filter oscillator/LFO that will key track.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Hi there!

Maybe it's an already requested here, but... 26 pages, TLTR (like my post, sorry in advance for this).
Before request, be sure I've high consideration about my new SynthMaster v2.7 (since couple of days), really I love it and no regret about this buy (Factory edition). Also enjoyed about KV331 support, bravo!

My suggestion about GUI (as improvment):

No more indicator turned on (lit, don't know the exact term) for any "bypassed", but when enabled instead. Unlit when disabled/bypassed.

Concerns mainly oscillators and FX chain in "screen" from Layer view.
Secondary: concerns also "Layer1" and "Layer 2" switches located just below their volume knobs (near Master section).
Probably somewhere else I don't have discovered yet.

It's a nonsense (IMO) because for most electronic devices (and other synths), light is "ON" when enabled/turned on...).
In the same logic, they're confusing situations concerning the two modulators at the start of chain (also in "screen" from Layer view): indicator is off (unlit) when "NONE" is displayed (no modulator, btw, enabled) and on (lit) for any applied modulator (btw... bypassed), if I try to follow this philosophy. It's the opposite than OSC1/OSC2. Very confusing, harmful for creativity and workflow.

I've sent this request as ticket to KV331 Audio support, last morning (France time).

Perhaps, but more complicated for developers, the best compromise (in particular for experimented SM users), is to add an additional global option to enable/disable this feature (or possibly option/entry into "SynthMasterConfig.txt").

Have a nice weekend.
Greetings from Paris.
Core i9-9900KF @4.5GHz, 32GB RAM, 8TB, RTX 2080, Windows 10 Pro x64, Bitwig Studio 4, REAPER 6, UR22C, BX5-D2, KK S61 MK2, Chromaphone 3, Discovery Pro, DUNE 3, Komplete 13 Select, Mercury-4, OP-X PRO-II, SynthMaster 2, RAPID, VPS Avenger, Scaler 2...

Return to “KV331 Audio”