Unfiltered Audio G8

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

TheoM wrote:i will indeed wait for a sale though, so in that respect PIA has the opposite effect.. it's a new product for them but i know sometime this year i will get it for 29. Thanks for your answer though.. in the meantime I will use the vengeance trance gate which has 32 steps and is more than acceptable in the meantime, i just can't play it via midi. But it's a start. I didn't realise it had jumped to 70 bucks... sorry about that :oops:
G8 looks to be discounted to $19 (plus tax if applicable) during February. It's a really nice gate. I like the functional look but just wish the UI and fonts were a little larger and smoother; text is close to uncomfortably small on a 27" 1440p monitor, and I dread to think how tiny it would be on a 4K monitor.

msl wrote:
TheoM wrote:i will indeed wait for a sale though, so in that respect PIA has the opposite effect.. it's a new product for them but i know sometime this year i will get it for 29. Thanks for your answer though.. in the meantime I will use the vengeance trance gate which has 32 steps and is more than acceptable in the meantime, i just can't play it via midi. But it's a start. I didn't realise it had jumped to 70 bucks... sorry about that :oops:
G8 looks to be discounted to $19 (plus tax if applicable) during February. It's a really nice gate. I like the functional look but just wish the UI and fonts were a little larger and smoother; text is close to uncomfortably small on a 27" 1440p monitor, and I dread to think how tiny it would be on a 4K monitor.
I already bought it 10 days back. I should have known better with plugin alliance, i mean you would think i would learn by now. I only have myself to blame. I am just waiting for the day their $69 plugins are 99 cents, as that's coming judging by the way they are going ;)

msl wrote:
Thanks for the feedback! We are planning on having a scaling option for our interfaces in the future. I don't have an estimate on the timeline, though.

We developed the interface on a 1080p Windows computer and a Retina Macbook Pro (which, at the time, were two pretty common options). Newer resolution options definitely need our attention!

Yeah on a 5k iMac Retina display here... ;)

I bought it in the recent sale (had been using the CM version since it came out which to be honest did everything I need since I just used two instances with MIDI triggering for sidechaining) but at the discount price I picked it up anyway since it is my go to gate (better than ReaGate IMHO).

Just want to report that I cannot get the sidechain to work in the VST3 version in Reaper 32bit (it is grayed out) and no variations of the number of channels/pin connectors enable it (and I never get a signal in advanced view even when a sidechain is connected).

VST2 sidechaining works perfectly.

Not really a problem for me personally since as far as I know the only difference between VST2 and VST3 in Reaper is sample accurate automation and I am not sure if G8 implements this but thought it was worth reporting anyway.

Cheers,

provoc

Thanks for the report! That has not been reported before. We will look into it.

Also, yes, at this time, G8 does not support sample-accurate automation.

Gotta get this one too then, for the 100% unfiltered bundle!
Last edited by antithesist on Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

I just realised, the company's name is Unfiltered Audio right??..

I wonder if the realise their G8 plugin actually filters audio!?!!

Hahaha!!

TheoM wrote:I already bought it 10 days back. I should have known better with plugin alliance, i mean you would think i would learn by now. I only have myself to blame. I am just waiting for the day their $69 plugins are 99 cents, as that's coming judging by the way they are going ;)
I would mail them and ask a refund on the difference :) But maybe is not worth the hassle, and this plugin looks real good (I've only the CM version by now)

it's my favourite gate plugin of all time (have said that for a few years now since the RE), AND.. i was a beta tester for unfiltered audio on reason which means i got all their RE's for zilch back when. That plus Michael being an outstanding person and dev, makes me happy in many ways i paid what I paid. But i wish i paid it to him if that makes sense. It was just a fleeting post cause i don't like alliance's business practises, but regardless I am happy i have supported Michael, honestly.

I am just shocked how they can undervalue someone's product like that.. I don't know whether they do it to just discourage transfers, as the transfer fee is more than that. But they went to $9 for plugins that were $179 once, so i guess they really WILL eventually go to 99 cents a plugin. :lol:

simon.a.billington wrote:I just realised, the company's name is Unfiltered Audio right??..

Hahaha!!
We have a ton of puns and nerdy jokes throughout our products.

Renoun Reverb (Noun/Verb instead of "renown")
Yoko Band-Splitter

Etc. etc.

Anyway, literally anything that affects the audio signal could be considered a filter in some regard. Your ears act as filters as well. Technically, you never hear "unfiltered" audio. So, it's a big pun for the nerds :lol:

TheoM wrote:it's my favourite gate plugin of all time (have said that for a few years now since the RE), AND.. i was a beta tester for unfiltered audio on reason which means i got all their RE's for zilch back when. That plus Michael being an outstanding person and dev, makes me happy in many ways i paid what I paid. But i wish i paid it to him if that makes sense. It was just a fleeting post cause i don't like alliance's business practises, but regardless I am happy i have supported Michael, honestly.

I am just shocked how they can undervalue someone's product like that.. I don't know whether they do it to just discourage transfers, as the transfer fee is more than that. But they went to $9 for plugins that were $179 once, so i guess they really WILL eventually go to 99 cents a plugin. :lol:
Your support is really appreciated, Theo! I hope that you like the VST/AU/AAX feature improvements over the RE version.

thelizard wrote:
TheoM wrote:it's my favourite gate plugin of all time (have said that for a few years now since the RE), AND.. i was a beta tester for unfiltered audio on reason which means i got all their RE's for zilch back when. That plus Michael being an outstanding person and dev, makes me happy in many ways i paid what I paid. But i wish i paid it to him if that makes sense. It was just a fleeting post cause i don't like alliance's business practises, but regardless I am happy i have supported Michael, honestly.

Your support is really appreciated, Theo! I hope that you like the VST/AU/AAX feature improvements over the RE version.
any time buddy! I love how i can do midi gating in PT as well as logic in their native 64 bit formats. I love the visual display, the up modes.. i really am able to isolate sounds using your gate better than i can with any of the other ones. I use it for creative purposes.. for just a bog standard noise gate I just throw logic's or PT"s in.. i mean without tweaking they usually just work on insert LOL (like removing bleed in gaps, etc).
Yours is way too powerful to only use it for that!

thelizard wrote:
simon.a.billington wrote:I just realised, the company's name is Unfiltered Audio right??..

Hahaha!!
We have a ton of puns and nerdy jokes throughout our products.

Renoun Reverb (Noun/Verb instead of "renown")
Yoko Band-Splitter

Etc. etc.

Anyway, literally anything that affects the audio signal could be considered a filter in some regard. Your ears act as filters as well. Technically, you never hear "unfiltered" audio. So, it's a big pun for the nerds :lol:
Just demoed and bought it now, very cool plugin with lots of creative options.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

double post
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Return to “Effects”