must have plugins

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Voxengo Elephant
Voxengo SPAN
Madrona Labs Aalto
Arcdev ET-301

rest are nice to have but not really essential.

Waves OneKnob Louder. Easy mastering for noobs like me :party: :hug:

Jorgeelalto wrote:Waves OneKnob Louder. Easy mastering for noobs like me :party: :hug:
That reminds me of my Terry West Mhorse thingy, I use it all the time, great value for the money :)

Jorgeelalto wrote:Waves OneKnob Louder. Easy mastering for noobs like me :party: :hug:
Talking about FXs and especially Waves my favorite is OneKnob Phatter. This could easily boost the low end of any synth and usually works better than an EQ for that purpose.

Besides that one my favorite and most used FX plugins are:
Waves Renaissance EQ, Waves H-Comp, Waves H-Delay, ValhallaVintageVerb, ValhallaÜberMod, ValhallaPlate, Lexicon MPX NAtive Reverb, ArtsAcoustic Big Rock Phaser

H-Delay is really great for dedocated PingPong Delays.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

I don't think any of the synth VSTs I own are essential. If any one of them went away, I'd just use something else. Really anything is replaceable. Reaktor might become essential if I get really into it.

However Kontakt is essential. I just have too many instrument in Kontakt format, without that I'd be missing a lot of instruments.

I also can't think of a single reverb of effect plug-in that couldn't be more or less replaced by something else.

Renoise Redux. It's a DAW packed into a VST. 8)

Honestly there is no one-size-fits-all approach to choosing a plugin.

It really boils down to the work-flow, sounds and music you want to make.

Furthermore "must-have" is very subjective and will vary from person to person on KVR, so again this thread won't help you narrow down what "you" want.
:borg:

For me, must haves include:

Pianoteq
Kontakt
Omnisphere
Reaktor
OP-X Pro II
Virtual String Machine
VB3
M-Tron Pro
Diversion
Zebra
Diva

Ingonator wrote: UPDATE:
A list of my favorite FX plugins:
Waves OneKnob Phatter, Waves Renaissance EQ, Waves H-Comp, Waves H-Delay, ValhallaVintageVerb, ValhallaÜberMod, ValhallaPlate, Lexicon MPX NAtive Reverb, ArtsAcoustic Big Rock Phaser
My favorite FX are: NI RC48, NI Replika, Big Rock, ValhallaVintageVerb, ValhallaÜberMod, ValhallaPlate, The Drop, The Glue

dune_rave wrote:Honestly, Albino is a must have.
On the other hand, Its hard to get one legal license...
I agree, Albino is a great synth.
Having purchased it, I have that license.

Firebird wrote:
dune_rave wrote:Honestly, Albino is a must have.
On the other hand, Its hard to get one legal license...
I agree, Albino is a great synth.
Having purchased it, I have that license.
I remember demoing Albino when it was available. Iiirc it had the sound and the archeticture essentially similar to Dune2, maybe except that it had two resonant filters which could be used in serial mode.

So while Dune2 is made by other people, can it be seen as a replacement for Albino?
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Ingonator wrote:I was close posting a list of my favorite and/or "essential" plugins but i decided not to as this thread will simply end up in a list of most available plugins out there like in countless similar "Best Of" or "Your favorite plugin" threads in the past.

Well that's not entirely true as you will certainly get different numbers concerning the popularity of synths.

But in a way of course you will always end up with Sylenth, Zebra, Massive, Reaktor, Sound Toys, Vahalla, Fabfilter on top and honorable metions from our 'elitist' who cannot live with Kaivo, 'That free synth I found 1996 on Geocities', AwesomverbPlus or GalacticDelay... :lol:

Everything else is indispensable.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Must have? (In all my tracks).

Kontakt.
Nebula.
Sonalksis FreeG.
Voxengo Elephant and Soniformer.

Expert Sleepers Warbler - because nobody else in this world of 8 billion people uses it like me, mwuhahahahaurgh...

Nearly always used, but not essential: Addictive Drums, u-he Diva, Lexicon reverb, Fabfilter Timeless.

The only absolutely essential effect I can think of is ValhallaVintageVerb. Everything else is a want, not a need - for me.

Return to “Instruments”