Shreddage 2 Engine V3.21 - Updates for S2, IBZ, SRP - Available Now! (August 3, 2016 IBZ Bug fix)

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This thread will be used to post updates for our Shreddage 2 family of guitars, which currently includes:

* Shreddage 2
* Shreddage 2 IBZ
* Shreddage 2 SRP

These updates are structured to NOT affect your existing projects. These are new NKI and resource (NKR/NKC) files, meaning you will be able to load your old version(s) anytime.

v3.21 Changelog

NEW FEATURES

* Bite EQ has returned! This is a pre-FX rack one-knob EQ that makes the guitar tone more aggressive.

* The Perform page now shows what articulation you're playing.

* New Remove Conflicts button on the Articulation page will ensure you don't have any overlaps in your velocity ranges or keyswitches that could cause problems. You should still look at the result manually to make sure it fits your playing/sequencing style!

* For the original Shreddage 2 and S2 IBZ, smooth vibrato now sounds more realistic.

* Fret squeaks are back! Map them to the key of your choice on the Advanced tab.

* MIDI CCs 103 through 109 can be used to change the tuning of strings 1 through 7 (respectively) by -2 to +2 semitones.

BUG FIXES

* Various fixes to portamento triggering.
* Fixed bug where notes would sometimes not trigger with anti-repetition at the low or high ends of a string.

These update instructions assume you are updating from the v3.19 engine. If you have an even older version, we recommend re-downloading the entire instrument from your account.

Shreddage 2 (Original) - v3.21 / Engine 3.21 (July 6, 2016)
1. Download the update files
2. Unpack the files in your Shreddage 2 folder, taking care to merge the new instruments with the old ones (2 NEW files) and overwrite the old documentation with the new manual/reference.
3. You should now see Shreddage2_321.nkc/nkr in the Shreddage 2 folder. Load up one of the new instruments and you're good to go.

Shreddage 2 IBZ - v1.25 / Engine 3.21 (August 3, 2016)
2. Unpack the files in your Shreddage 2 IBZ folder, taking care to:
2a. Merge the new instruments with the old ones (4 NEW files)
2b. Overwrite the old documentation with the new manual/reference
2c. Merge the new samples with the old sample folder (new additions to the 'FX' subfolders)
3. You should now see Shreddage2IBZ_v1_25.nkc/nkr in the Shreddage 2 IBZ folder. Load up one of the new instruments and you're good to go.

Shreddage 2 SRP - v1.15 / Engine 3.21 (July 6, 2016)
2. Unpack the files in your Shreddage 2 SRP folder, taking care to:
2a. Merge the new instruments with the old ones (2 NEW files)
2b. Overwrite the old documentation with the new manual/reference
2c. Merge the new samples with the old sample folder (new additions to the 'Noise' subfolder)
3. You should now see Shreddage2SRP_115.nkc/nkr in the Shreddage 2 SRP folder. Load up one of the new instruments and you're good to go.

Questions? Issues? Suggestions? Post them here!
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Sometimes I wonder how much time you spend rewriting stuff haha. Not that I'm complaining, looking forward to what this has to offer. Hoping it'll be able to fix up those bad phasing issues on the bottom few notes, my songs go that low and even lower sometimes (thanks to Kontakt's tuning knob).
Cockos Reaper | VSTi Metal | Vocal Synths | Shreddage 2 Fanboy | VSTi Guitar Enthusiast

Currently writing a Vocaloid EP.
youtube.com/user/darkflamesquirrel

will this be available to people who already own s2?

Yes, free update for all S2 + IBZ customers.

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

zircon wrote:Yes, free update for all S2 + IBZ customers.
Woooooot!
One way or another, you can't deny death.
Simply said...
We're dead but we just don't know it yet.

Shreddage 2 IBZ beta is now available, with the latest engine. Please give it a shot!

Hi I am on mac and when I unpack the 3.03 rar files the VLC open and you can't open the rar files in VlC.

I found the right way to do it now,

Great!

Shreddage 2 new engine beta is almost ready as well. This is taking much longer since we had to totally redo the way the samples were mapped inside the patch, plus modulators etc. But the results will be well-worth it to have all the shiny new FX + engine controls. Not to mention the addition of natural harmonics!

Will we be able to change pitch bend range via cc?

1) Effects page, scream effect, randomise button (the star) does not work the same way like for the others. It just highlights and stays highlighted after pressed, but does not randomise the values.

2) Pinch articulation has speed knob, but it cannot be turned, also the position indicator is missing.
Last edited by nbd on Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bill45 wrote:Will we be able to change pitch bend range via cc?
Yes, but you can already do this. Just right click the knob -> MIDI Learn.

Had one quirk with the velocity scaling, unfortunately I wasn't able to reproduce it again. I had Staccato (non power chord) assigned to volumes 121-126 (no overlapping with any other), volume scaling on, and when played, vol 122 was _extremely_ loud (logic showed +33db peak), but other volumes were ok. It went away when I changed the range.

Well, that's not good! You mean the "Scaled" button, right? I'll look into that.

This sounds exciting. Is it an AMP modeler?

Return to “Impact Soundworks”