VST Repository web store something..?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Maybe i was dreaming, but i remember there was a website offering, apart from selling VSTs, also having some repository style automatic installation of all your plugins.
Having done a fresh install recently this idea suddenly sounds very enjoyable. But was it real?
:hug:

that was a dream :)

This ?

http://reap-get.com/

(haven't tried it myself though).

edit:
Probably not this, as it isn't selling plugins.

no. there's "PluginUpdate" that checks for updates and directs you to dev websites, but there's no actual "store" as such. there's no demand for it. the only thing remotely close to that is the extension store in Reason.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote:no. there's "PluginUpdate" that checks for updates and directs you to dev websites, but there's no actual "store" as such. there's no demand for it. the only thing remotely close to that is the extension store in Reason.
How is there no demand for it? I understand the technical difficulty with all the different copy protection but wouldn't it be nice? FXPansion plugins you need to install one by one and for every plugin change the directory for 32 and 64 bit (unless you use their standard). MeldaProduction has a better system with one installer for ALL plugins. Heh.. in FXPansions case, why not just let user install the licensmanager, log in, check the plugins you want to install and then have it download all latest versions etc ..

From an efficiency point of view and from a not-messing-up point of view, most software and plugins for windows should use a repository system.

When you say there's no demand for it, is that from your own point of view or has there been a poll or something? When you write it like that i get the impression there's a consensus among plugin makers and users supporting your claim.

Crackbaby wrote:How is there no demand for it?
When you say there's no demand for it, is that from your own point of view or has there been a poll or something? When you write it like that i get the impression there's a consensus among plugin makers and users supporting your claim.
you'd have to ask Shane (of Kazrog) about that. initially, PluginUpdate was supposed to have a shop down the line, but the idea was later scrapped.
Crackbaby wrote:wouldn't it be nice?
for users? sure. for developers? apparently not, as most were averse to the idea at the time Shane has tried to negotiate something like that.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote:
Crackbaby wrote:How is there no demand for it?
you'd have to ask Shane (of Kazrog) about that. initially, PluginUpdate was supposed to have a shop down the line, but the idea was later scrapped.
Crackbaby wrote:wouldn't it be nice?
for users? sure. for developers? apparently not, as most were averse to the idea at the time Shane has tried to negotiate something like that.
Alright, thanks for your reply :)

IMHO users only can try to arrange their things for quick and easy setup.
I do the following things:

- narrowed down plugin folder, that it contains vst I really use

- create backup/repository of installers (usb, online)

- create backup/repository of plugin presets (I keep all presets in a dedicated folder, and setup synths to use that path)

- use a Password safe software to store all info about music software

- Write notes about DAW and plugins for future usage (how to setup extensions, modify settings, etc...)

In this way, If I should make a complete install of everything,
I could do that in 1-2 hours.

This is a feature of the VIP Music Software supplied with a number of our Keyboard Brands

http://www.inmusicbrands.com/vip-music- ... index.html

We backup any of your purchases within the Store or of the Supplied instruments.

We have a number of major vendors already on-board and more to come soon!
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX
Email. sbangs@inmusicbrands.com

Return to “Instruments”