Wavetable update for Flutter EP by Sound Dust - 20% off intro.

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Folks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUktUzrU8zo

Here's a new free wavetable module for Flutter EP, well it's free if you already own Flutter EP. Its a new Kontakt instrument that uses the original samples but morphed together as wavetables with 128 start positions that you can scan and loop through. Theres also an excellent 'all notes trigger mode' for even more instant Reich/Glass -iness and several new scratchy flutter algorithms.
But don't take my work for it watch the video and all will be revealed.

20% off the usual £35 until Feb7th 2016 with the discount code SOUNDDUST20.

More details at Sound Dust HQ

https://soundcloud.com/sound-dust-1/set ... ano-module

Some great sounds and features in there, and so much flexibility.

I only recently stumbled on Sound Dust products and am still in love with my first and (so far) only Sound Dust purchase, the Ghost Dulcitone 1900 which is just lovely in so many ways.

I'll definitely pick this up very soon (but I just have to get caught up with my existing purchases :oops: )

I would really like to pick up most of the Sound Dust libraries. Just as soon as I curb my other expenditures.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

deastman wrote:I would really like to pick up most of the Sound Dust libraries. Just as soon as I curb my other expenditures.
You guys need to get your priorities in order :wink:

pendle wrote:
deastman wrote:I would really like to pick up most of the Sound Dust libraries. Just as soon as I curb my other expenditures.
You guys need to get your priorities in order :wink:
:hihi: I wish I had know about Sound Dust before. Your libraries would have been prioritized properly. Now I'm just playing catchup! :help:

I still haven't placed the Ghost Dulcitone 1900 in a project yet, but I desperately want to. Its an instrument that can lead the way creatively, which seems to be the case with Flutter EP too. It looks useful in many different ways.

I was considering a purchase of Flutter Ep after watching the video for the original product, and thinking that the sale price was more than reasonable for what you get…so much control and variety!…but then I saw the wavetable video and couldn't log in to PayPal quick enough! :D

:tu:

Bought this yesterday. Beautiful instrument as always.

I know this isn't an original thought, but it's such a shame that someone can spend so much time creating such a special thing just to have it uploaded to torrent sites everywhere. I googled 'Flutter EP Kontakt' to try and find some forum threads about this glitchy niceness. Results were page after page of torrent sites. Just sad that's all. I am an arse-out-of-my-pants musician but I wouldn't consider stealing something from such a talented developer. Clearly a pleasant person as well.

beeny wrote:I know this isn't an original thought, but it's such a shame that someone can spend so much time creating such a special thing just to have it uploaded to torrent sites everywhere. I googled 'Flutter EP Kontakt' to try and find some forum threads about this glitchy niceness. Results were page after page of torrent sites. Just sad that's all. I am an arse-out-of-my-pants musician but I wouldn't consider stealing something from such a talented developer. Clearly a pleasant person as well.
Thanks Beeny
Yes it does make me despair, usually I spend the first hour of my day trying to shut the f**kers down. Imagine what it would be like if I didn't bother !
But its good folk like yourself and others who actually buy Sound Dust stuff, (and often take the trouble to send me nice emails about it) that kinda make up for the feeling of being brutalised by idiot warez kidz.

Not to further derail the topic, but how can you get those sites shut down? Is there anything the rest of us can do to help if we see one in a Google search?
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

The other sliver lining to it is that most of them are just collectors that only care to brag about how expensive the product was that they just downloaded for free, instead of being real musicians who will actually use the product.

And on other side... It definitely is a shame when searching on google that it would come on the first page of search results.

Too many people have a misconception about what it takes to sample something properly, as well as to turn it into a playable instrument, and then to take things further... to make it unique and musical. That is not anything remotely easy. Then there's so much more involved, with designing UI's (so they are functional, aesthetically pleasing and idiot proofed), uploading, managing bandwith, hosting costs, fees on web distribution, fees on payments, costs of marketing, or time involved in grassroots marketing. It is a costly and time consuming endeavor.

I still have not purchased but I will (and obviously not at the sale price, which is okay). I still have too much content to sort through... yeah, yeah I know. My priorities are out of sorts!

deastman wrote:Not to further derail the topic, but how can you get those sites shut down? Is there anything the rest of us can do to help if we see one in a Google search?

I've never even considered that. Can someone who doesn't own a library/plugin/what-have-you somehow report a dodgy torrent listing? I'd be happy to spend a little time which would otherwise be wasted in a Facebook black hole or equivalent.

deastman wrote:Not to further derail the topic, but how can you get those sites shut down? Is there anything the rest of us can do to help if we see one in a Google search?
Only the affected party can put in DMCA request, so the best thing to do is buy more stuff :wink:
...or just carry on being a gent and keep passing on the anti warez ethos.

Its a top secret, but I've added a special bit of hex code to all of my instruments so that any illegal users will rarely finish any track and if they do it will be really shitty EDM, oh hold on.

elxsound wrote:
I still have not purchased but I will (and obviously not at the sale price, which is okay). I still have too much content to sort through... yeah, yeah I know. My priorities are out of sorts!
I promise it'll be worth it when you're ready. Realistically I wasn't in a position to purchase either but I justified it to myself because I think it will work really well in an upcoming project. I'm in a perpetual state of trying not to buy things off Pendle so my children can be fed and watered. I own a few things but I'm lusting after those ghost instruments from a while back. One day.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”