StiX : MultiSynthesis Drum Machine (v1.6 Released + Flash sales)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
StiX

mcbpete wrote:Apologies, in all the ilok drama over the last couple of pages I didn't notice 0.9.8g had been released. This seems to have fixed this noisy default init drums problem - at least it does on my machine ! So thanks team :)
Thanks for the report.
Glad it's solved also on your system Alfonso. I think this one is gone forever now :)
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Tjgoa wrote:also, say I assign a sample to the noise oscillator for each drum pad -- would the randomize sort through the files where the sample is located? Do I need to import or make folders within the stix folders. Also, when I choose random, is there a way to only make the randomize which samples the kit loads from waves and not randomize the synthesis for each pad. Generally, I want to load a normal kit with waves first, then supplement them with synthesis. Is something like this possible with stix? If not please add these features and i think you would have something quite special and unique.
IQ Random will randomize the Drumpads, not the samples, and try to match your current drumkit to replace your BD by ... another BD for example.

Simple random will load any drumpads, and generate wild and unexpected drumkits.

Except if you're very lucky, or very open to random things, I think the best way might be to generate drumkits on the fly, the see after each click if you cant isolate a subset of the drumpads working well together, then complete the drumkit in a more traditional way.

Drumkits are tagged. So if you want to start with drumkits only containing samples, you should choose Synthesis:'samples' as criteria to sort out the drumkits. Then add synthesis like sine osc to get deeper kicks if desired.
Last edited by Lotuzia on Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

And finally :

StiX v0.98 G has been released

New features :

 GUI/UI : Up and down arrows to browse samples in Advanced Synthesis page (before : Only Down)
 UI : Pre/Post toggle for FX send added ( Solo/Mute behaviour remain unchanged when PRE is choosen)
 GUI/SKIN : Black Skin available again ( Option menu )
 GUI : Sequencer : The panel toggle buttons have been renamed to MULTI, SINGLE, and BEAT editors.
 GUI : Manual can be directly launched from within StiX (click on ? in top bar, then on Manual/OK button)

Fixes :

 Some Hosts/Systems combos : Init Preset giving a distorded loud sound before you launch another preset
 GUI : Fixed typos on the sequencer toggle buttons ( Multi, Single, Beat)
 GUI - : Oscillators Labels font size reduced ( No more looking cramped when sine operators is choosen )
 GUI/UI : Division parameter pop up is now removed if you click on another Control/Step
 GUI/UI : Division parameter now correctly displayed in the Single Line editor (Affected some Host/Systems combos )
 GUI : Distorsion/Crusher effect repositioned (moved toward bottom of the effect send block)

Btw I'm thinking of changing the 'init' preset.

One question : Should the XOX sequencer be left empty, or populated with a more/less standard pattern ? ( knowing that you can always init/empy the sequencer by loading the 'blank' sequence preset (fastest), or erasing some lines with the per line erase button, but also knowing that some people might not think to do that.)

Lotuzia wrote:
Tjgoa wrote:also, say I assign a sample to the noise oscillator for each drum pad -- would the randomize sort through the files where the sample is located? Do I need to import or make folders within the stix folders. Also, when I choose random, is there a way to only make the randomize which samples the kit loads from waves and not randomize the synthesis for each pad. Generally, I want to load a normal kit with waves first, then supplement them with synthesis. Is something like this possible with stix? If not please add these features and i think you would have something quite special and unique.
IQ Random will randomize the Drumpads, not the samples, and try to match your current drumkit to replace your BD by ... another BD for example.

Simple random will load any drumpads, and generate wild and unexpected drumkits.

Except if you're very lucky, or very open to random things, I think the best way might be to generate drumkits on the fly, the see after each click if you cant isolate a subset of the drumpads working well together, then complete the drumkit in a more traditional way.

Drumkits are tagged. So if you want to start with drumkits only containing samples, you should choose Synthesis:'samples' as criteria to sort out the drumkits. Then add synthesis like sine osc to get deeper kicks if desired.
If each pad can have its own folder using the noise sample function, and each folder contains the same type of hit, ie, clap, drum, etc, then the drum kit won't be too random -- which is the point! selecting drum samples is random anyway, you pick from a list until something something good --random does the same thing. Randomize samples on a kit level and pad level would be good.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Lotuzia wrote:Btw I'm thinking of changing the 'init' preset.

One question : Should the XOX sequencer be left empty, or populated with a more/less standard pattern ? ( knowing that you can always init/empy the sequencer by loading the 'blank' sequence preset (fastest), or erasing some lines with the per line erase button, but also knowing that some people might not think to do that.)
For me the squencer should be populated with some standard beat. So you hear it instantly playing. Because actually it's easy for everybody to change the init preset to their liking.
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

Touch The Universe wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:

If each pad can have its own folder using the noise sample function, and each folder contains the same type of hit, ie, clap, drum, etc, then the drum kit won't be too random -- which is the point! selecting drum samples is random anyway, you pick from a list until something something good --random does the same thing. Randomize samples on a kit level and pad level would be good.
If i understand well your question (not sure) :

In StiX : A Drumpad, so a drum *sound*, is made with a complete synthesizer, and can include Virtual analog synthesis and/or FM, and/or samples and/or noise oscillator(s) and/or etc etc. So changing for a certain BD to another one for example with the IQ Kit randomize function can lead to spectacular results.

If however you want total and wild random you can just use the standard randomize function.

If you want to randomize samples on a drumpad : 1rst use the 'sort by' function and choose criteria 'synthesis' for Drumpads, this will allow you to filter the drumpad list by synthesis type. Then choose 'sample' as synthesis. Then use the next/previous browse arrows for the drumpad to brwose the list (Now almost similar to *randomize samples* actually) . It will browse between all your drumpads into the slected category ( for example BD ). You can change the category ( For example Snare ) and keep on browsing now the Snares wich use only*samples* as oscillators. You can also after that change the criteria to *sample + fm*, or *sample + analog* etc etcto browse a different category of Snares. Change again the category to revert back to Bass Drums, or Toms etc.

The difference with 'browsing samples' is that you'll browse *Drumpads using samples*, and not samples, so the drumpads must have been created. Still, this offers a lot of choices, and more and more possibilities as your library grows. It's also a fast function ( one click), once your drumpad are correctly filtered with the sort by function.

stardustmedia wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:Btw I'm thinking of changing the 'init' preset.

For me the squencer should be populated with some standard beat. So you hear it instantly playing. Because actually it's easy for everybody to change the init preset to their liking.
Thanks for the answer :hug:

I'd like to have a few more comments on this before taking the decision, but I'm also inclined atm to see things this way.

Yeah... I have just one opinion out of billions :-D

Why not do polls for such topics where you want to involve more opinions?
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

I wouldn't want the sequencer to be populated in the init preset. The point of an init setting, to me at least, is a blank slate. If I want to audition the drums, I'll just play them manually. Besides, hearing anything within the context of a busy pattern is not really practical.

Btw, just as feedback: while I usually prefer to program sounds on my own, drum synths are the big exception. I like to take existing presets and tweak them to taste. And there are a lot of really good ones in there so far - great on their own and great as starting points. So, good work on the sound design front!

stardustmedia wrote:Yeah... I have just one opinion out of billions :-D

Why not do polls for such topics where you want to involve more opinions?
Thats an idea :)

ariston wrote:I wouldn't want the sequencer to be populated in the init preset. The point of an init setting, to me at least, is a blank slate. If I want to audition the drums, I'll just play them manually. Besides, hearing anything within the context of a busy pattern is not really practical.

Btw, just as feedback: while I usually prefer to program sounds on my own, drum synths are the big exception. I like to take existing presets and tweak them to taste. And there are a lot of really good ones in there so far - great on their own and great as starting points. So, good work on the sound design front!
Thanks (for the presets :hug: )

Init preset : One vote for empy pattern, and one vote for a populated one :mescratchinghead:

hmm.. the Xils site seems to be down :/

stillshaded wrote:hmm.. the Xils site seems to be down :/
Works here ( Chrome Win7 ). Maybe you should try again.

Ah, well it appears that my university is blocking it for some reason. Strange. I'll look when I get home.

Return to “Instruments”