FabFilter Timeless Presets?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wesleymayhem wrote: My favorite delay of all time is Logic's Tape Delay, but I'm no longer on Mac. So, anything emulating that would be awesome.
http://www.kvraudio.com/get.php?mode=show&id=891

Devon
Simple music philosophy - Those who can, make music. Those who can't, make excuses.
Read my VST reviews at Traxmusic!

DevonB wrote:
wesleymayhem wrote: My favorite delay of all time is Logic's Tape Delay, but I'm no longer on Mac. So, anything emulating that would be awesome.
http://www.kvraudio.com/get.php?mode=show&id=891

Devon
Thanks, Devon... I've been using Bionic Delay for awhile now... Still not the same as Logic Tape Delay for me...

bmanic wrote:I'll continue creating more because I end up tweaking Timeless nearly every single day. I just have to get into the habit of saving the tweaks and not just leaving them in projects. Even though it'll end up being many similar presets, it is sometimes convenient just to flick through them instead of tweaking and hoping for the best. I find this especially true with a complex plugin like Timeless and Volcano 2.

I just wish there was a separate distortion algorithm in Timeless. The filters do not really sound like any tape distortion when they are overdriven and this can sometimes be a bummer. I'll be sure to suggest they add some better distortion in the next version.. hopefully there will be one at some point. Imagine the power of Volcano 2's modulation scheme into timeless. Now that would be pretty epic, no? Lets hope they do it! :D

Cheers!
bManic
and comb/formant filters!
I really like the new mod scheme. :)
..what goes around comes around..

Thank you for the presets!

Yes, the presets are very useful for my dub tech productions. Thanks again.

bmanic wrote:You can download a preset pack containing 44 new presets for timeless, HERE. Among them are 24 presets based on triplets and that have a "dub" vibe in general. I tried them on rimshot/snare, piano and guitar, in a "reggaeish" setting.

Cheers!
bManic

I was looking if there are some usable presets for fabfilter timeless 2 around, and came across this thread.
However, the link above has expired and obiously, it's hard to find stuff for t2.

Has anybody a clue where to find some presets for timeless 2 that are usable.
(there are lots of presets included with the plug in, but (at least for me) they are a bit too sophisticated to be of use...

Arrested Developer wrote:
bmanic wrote:You can download a preset pack containing 44 new presets for timeless, HERE. Among them are 24 presets based on triplets and that have a "dub" vibe in general. I tried them on rimshot/snare, piano and guitar, in a "reggaeish" setting.

Cheers!
bManic

I was looking if there are some usable presets for fabfilter timeless 2 around, and came across this thread.
However, the link above has expired and obiously, it's hard to find stuff for t2.

Has anybody a clue where to find some presets for timeless 2 that are usable.
(there are lots of presets included with the plug in, but (at least for me) they are a bit too sophisticated to be of use...
bManic would know best, but if I remember correctly, his presets are now included in the factory download.

Just a quick question... What is it that you're trying to accomplish?

I would suggest starting with the Clean preset.

Timeless 2 can be very simple. It only has two delay lines (as R and L) and if you click the lock between them (both the lock between the feedback knobs and the time knobs), it acts as a single delay line. You can even ignore the cross feedback to simplify things further.

When setup like this, just adjust the timing (leave the slider on the lock to remain in free time, or use the slider for sync).

When none of the modulation options are added (at the bottom), you'll get more "vanilla" style delay sounds.

The stock Timeless / Timeless 2 presets are absolute garbage. I think about 90% of them are overly complex showpony nonsense. Totally unusable even as starting points - which is one of the main uses for a good set of patches.

I love Fabfilter products, and am a big fan of Timeless 2. But the patches are a woeful fail.

spirit wrote:The stock Timeless / Timeless 2 presets are absolute garbage. I think about 90% of them are overly complex showpony nonsense. Totally unusable even as starting points - which is one of the main uses for a good set of patches.

I love Fabfilter products, and am a big fan of Timeless 2. But the patches are a woeful fail.
very true

spirit wrote:The stock Timeless / Timeless 2 presets are absolute garbage. I think about 90% of them are overly complex showpony nonsense. Totally unusable even as starting points - which is one of the main uses for a good set of patches.

Exactly, that's my experience.

@elxsound:
it's about usability & workflow.
When i'm in a project and it comes to delays i like to try out different starting points first.
As much as i like to tweak presets i like it to have good starting points.... :-)

Arrested Developer wrote:

Exactly, that's my experience.

@elxsound:
it's about usability & workflow.
When i'm in a project and it comes to delays i like to try out different starting points first.
As much as i like to tweak presets i like it to have good starting points.... :-)
I do get it. I just don't use the presets (on Timeless 2), well for pretty much the same reason. :hihi:

I think a big selling point on Timeless 2 (as is with their other "creative plugins") is the modulation. However if you're just after getting classic delay sounds, the modulation options are not essential.

With that said though... This really is a very fast plugin to dial those "classic" settings in quickly, and then add flavor via the filters (in serial or parallel).

Hi, Link for the presets are dead, could you please reupload them here, thanks @bmanic

a little bit off topic but how can I set timeless 3 in dual echo mode like the left plays 1/4 and right 1/8 dotted or smth?
If I select the little not symbol and set it to dotted I only found it to be global and I didnt find the option to set it for each channel??

OP, have a listen to Arturia Eternity. You should be able to get some dirty self-oscillating feedback delays from it.

Return to “Effects”