Musyng Kite 990MB GM/GS soundfont. Former Evanessence overhaul! 2011-2014 June 21st 2014

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Is there a SFZ version of the latest Musyng Kite?
I looked through your OP, but I couldn't see one.

I'm pretty sure that there used to be a SFZ version of the old one though.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Welp, gmsoundfont.com released another JaZMan bank, the 1.7GB JaZMan SF88 SoundFont, which attempts to mimic the great Roland SC-88 module.

After acquiring and listening to it, and examining it, I have come to some interesting conclusions.

- It is nicely balanced for the most part, and does a great job with various GS and 88/Pro MIDI files.

Well, at least, that's the only good thing that comes to mind off-hand. Then there's the bad.

- Many of the instruments are missing the loop flag from their zone presets, which cause a lot of the samples to just cut abruptly. I've since fixed this with v1 of my patch against the November 2014 release of the bank.
- All of the instruments that do have loops already enabled, waste dozens of presets per instrument on per-sample loop flags, when they're all enabled, so should be replaced with a single loop flag in the global zone. Deleting all of these in patch v1 cleared up over 1500 presets, which made plenty of room for the loop presets I added above.

And the ugly that I haven't dealt with yet.

- Several of the *-127 velocity range samples clip. Some of them quite badly. This should call for re-recording by Digital Pro-Audio Samples, or at the very least, clipping repair in a decent sound editor.

I have notified them of all of these shortcomings, and also forwarded them my v1 patch, which I'll link here in case anyone else has purchased and downloaded this bank without making any changes to it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l4o3ye0d82cye ... 1.xd3?dl=0

It requires the XDelta3 tool to apply, as that software is Free Open Source Software and also produces really small patches when the changes are minimal, such as cases like this that involve tiny insertions and deletions.

Right, so I've been trying to post here for several days and no matter how I change the wording of my post, it gets caught in the spam filter EVERY TIME, so now I'm going to post it a paragraph at a time over several posts. I apologise in advance but the forum literally won't let me post any other way. I've PM'd the admin as it says to do but not heard back.

Here's the actual post:

This is the best soundfont I've come across so far so great work there. The only thing I've noticed so far is that a few instruments appear to be too quiet and the Harp sounds very low quality.

For an example MIDI where the harp stands out, any of the "Sunny Day" tracks on TES: Daggerfall will work.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

The instrument volume issue is quite apparent on a handful of the Final F a n t a s y 8 tracks (e.g. battle). Some instruments are so quiet that you barely hear them at all.

End of the actual post.

EDIT: God damnit, it was the word "F A N T A S Y" triggering the spam filter. Mods, you can merge these three posts together if you want.

Im looking for my old Soundfonts, my hard drive crashed. Anyone come across "Echoed Flutes" these are old sound fonts from like late 2000s

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”