Tracktion 7 (Preview)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

zxant wrote: 
Well I won't succumb to all that "Hype, hype, Hurrah" preview crap anymore.

I'll see it when a real (trial) version is released. :shrug:

Besides, I have little expectations as I see what TSC is doing recently. An atrociously ugly dark 'new' website with no public download area anymore, overpriced vanity products (that 'Copper' thing!) and their forum heavily censored! :-o (They removed all critical posts and topics!) :(

Well, feel free, but you're taking a <95% view of these things. The website didn't have a public download area previously, but you can still get at later demos by registering. The "overpriced vanity products" keep them in business while us regular Tracktion users pay a minimal annual amount to upgrade. I'd prefer them to expand to stay viable than contract and possibly fail because they only have one product.

As for the forum, there were some totally over the top and unnecessarily rude and obnoxious posts on there. Who needs that? You get better customer service by being civil. Most Tracktion users still have a large amount of goodwill towards TSC for rescuing it from Mackie and reviving it and many of us are prepared to afford them a large amount of leeway rather than having to scurry for other DAWs where the upgrade fees are many times larger.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

So is Jules not developing Tracktion anymore ?
Duh

jabe wrote:
zxant wrote: 

Besides, I have little expectations as I see what TSC is doing recently. An atrociously ugly dark 'new' website with no public download area anymore, overpriced vanity products (that 'Copper' thing!) and their forum heavily censored! :-o (They removed all critical posts and topics!) :(

Well, feel free, but you're taking a <95% view of these things. The website didn't have a public download area previously, but you can still get at later demos by registering. The "overpriced vanity products" keep them in business while us regular Tracktion users pay a minimal annual amount to upgrade. I'd prefer them to expand to stay viable than contract and possibly fail because they only have one product.

As for the forum, there were some totally over the top and unnecessarily rude and obnoxious posts on there. Who needs that? You get better customer service by being civil. Most Tracktion users still have a large amount of goodwill towards TSC for rescuing it from Mackie and reviving it and many of us are prepared to afford them a large amount of leeway rather than having to scurry for other DAWs where the upgrade fees are many times larger.
Yeah, I have no doubt in my mind that the 'removing of critical posts' probably does mean, 'whiny entitled manchildren swearing a lot'

It's the same reason any other site has removed their comments/forum with the minority ruining the experience for everyone else.

bungle wrote:So is Jules not developing Tracktion anymore ?
I can see lots of layers in that question, and I'm not sure which one(s) you mean. I'm sure he's heavily involved in steering it, but he may not be doing much coding on it, though he's still also involved with JUCE, now acquired by ROLI.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

duncanm wrote:
jabe wrote:
zxant wrote: 

Yeah, I have no doubt in my mind that the 'removing of critical posts' probably does mean, 'whiny entitled manchildren swearing a lot'

It's the same reason any other site has removed their comments/forum with the minority ruining the experience for everyone else.
well except for soundsonline forums. Even if a master of etiquette were to post even the most minor negative feature (or even just a feature request for that to change), they are deleted and even banned sometimes. But there is no way tracktion's forum is like that.. But yes there are indeed devs who delete posts for ZERO reason. It happens right here at kvr too in a couple of the dedicated dev forums ;) Won't say which ones.

TheoM wrote:that gui is f**king amazing. Look how easy on the eyes it is even when their is multiple bits of info displayed and the browser open. I think that must be the best gui i have seen now.
Fantastic new interface.

jabe wrote:
koolkeys wrote:I believe that either Tracktion or Pro Tools were the FIRST to have MIDI editing.
I love Tracktion. Great developer. Fantastic one-page interface concept. But it's not the first by any means. In 1985, I used Performer by MOTU. The two options back then was Performer and Vision . . . Mac only. Cubase came a little later. Vision disappeared and Performer became a big mess called Digital Performer. I'm not sure what happened in the 90s. I erased that decade and my brain does not have a command z to undo.

That new interface is without a doubt easy on the eyes. I've been checking every day since the teaser came out hoping for the release. I've been working on several projects in Tracktion 6 lately and the workflow has really started to lock in for me. Cant wait
Windows 10 PC. Reason. Cubase. Waveform. Reaper. Studio One Pro. Epiphone Les Paul Pro II. Nektar Panorama t4. Yamaha RBX Bass. Faderport 2. Eris E5 Monitors. SSL2 Interface. Audient Evo 4. AKG C214. Aston Origin. MXL 990.

tommyzai wrote:
TheoM wrote:that gui is f**king amazing. Look how easy on the eyes it is even when their is multiple bits of info displayed and the browser open. I think that must be the best gui i have seen now.
Fantastic new interface.
I just saw this today for the first time... Amazing work on the UI.

I can't wait to see the demo for this. The clip edits looks like its wonderful for sound design work, which seems to be their motivation for the change (for this specific feature).

No matter what DAW you use, you have to be excited about the future. It seems developers are really listening to users and working to improve workflows with not just adding new features, but by refining existing ones too.

I'm not a DAW loyalist by any means. I currently use primarily, Live 9, Reaper, ProTools and Adobe Audition all for different tasks. Still I've been excited by features I've seen in Bitwig, Studio One 3 and now Tracktion 7. Tracktion 7 might be the only one I pick up (if it works the way I believe it will), but all the same its exciting to see the different approaches to improve respective DAWs. In the end every user will benefit from development like this.

Exciting! :)

I'm so braindead I forgot about this until it was bumped :lol:

Any news?

Sounds to me like they are getting there Ducks in a Row this Year ..... Namm Booth ? That's was a surprise there ? Maybe they are working out some bugs and other things before release. I hope it's smooth for them.

So looking forwards to having the browser on the right where it should be.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”