TBProAudio releases LA xLimit II - Enhanced Limiter Plugin for Windows and Mac OS X

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
LA xLimit II

TBProAudio releases LA xLimit II, an advanced look ahead, wideband, linked-stereo limiter including ISP detection and oversampling. The goal of the design was to cover a broad range of limiting applications in today's mixing and mastering situations with strong focus on low aliasing.

LA xLimit II offers following features:
  • state of the art low aliasing look ahead limiter design
  • [New] freely adjustable character
  • [New] detailed transient control
  • [New] freely adjustable adaptive release curves
  • 2 level detection modes: peak and ISP based on ITU 1770
  • "real" oversampling, up to 8x
  • stereo link
  • [New] 2 stage design for better performance in ISP mode
  • built-in clipper
  • easy to use GUI
  • large and accurate live meters
  • all sample rates
  • free for registered LA xLimit users
  • demo version available

System Requirements:
  • Windows XP or newer
  • Mac OS X 10.5 or newer
  • Win: 32/64 Bit VST, 32/64 Bit VST3, 32 Bit RTAS, 32/64 Bit AAX
  • OS X: 32/64 Bit VST, 32/64 Bit VST3, 32/64 Bit AU, 32 Bit RTAS, 32/64 Bit AAX
  • tested with: Cockos Reaper, Steinberg Cubase/Nuendo/Wavelab 6/7/8, PT10/12, FL Studio 12.x, Studio One
Price: 99€

I am impressed.

This can sound very transparent and has a very low CPU consumption. I like it much more than the previous version. Well done.
It's easy if you know how

Thank you.
During the last 6 month the market for limiters got a serious push, so we decided not to stay behind :D

Guys you really need to consider a beta team.. there is no possible way the au was tested at all cause it's not possible for that many bugs to have gotten through.. with a plugin with so few parameters, all the bugs are consistently reproducible.

Crashes Logic X and oSX 10.10.5 when trying to go to ISP mode.

Crashes ableton 9.5 after resetting the demo restriction a couple of times.

Stereo link at ANYTHING other than 100% sounds like it's going through a meatgrinder suddenly..ear damaging distortion

Moving parameters scrapes the audio like crazy.. limitless, ozone etc don't do that.

This is all in just the last 5 minutes! It's impossible to demo properly using the AU.

Also please consider signing the installers.. yours are the only plugins on my system now that don't have apple signing.. Why not?

Also PLEASE fix the 90 seconds demo! Come on! Anyway, i still will be the autogain this friday on payday but please consider some mac beta testers in the future. (me being one of them).

Thank you for the feedback.
There is a glitch in ISP mode, just under fixing.
Crackles while changing "character" will be fixed.

Thank you for your offer as Mac tester. We will consider this.

I don't have an issue with the demo version in this case. 90 seconds is enough and it's very easy to click the name of the plugin to restart the timer. Besides, it's not like you'd be inserting tons of these in a test project (unlike say an EQ or a compressor).

I'm having huge stability issues though. The 64bit Win VST2 version at least crashes Reaper v5.112 immediately when you tweak the 'character' knob above 13. It literally kills Reaper instantly. Boom. Back to desktop without any error message what-so-ever. This is the first plugin I've ever encountered that does this.

system: windows 8.1 (all up to date), nvidia gtx 675m (latest driver version), intel i7-3630QM. Reaper v5.112.

Bug is 100% reproducible.

Other than that, the limiter sounds pretty damn good at "almost clipper" settings (which is what I'd use 95% of the time). I don't really feel like testing this further until the crash bug is fixed. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help in case you can't reproduce it (I could send you the windows debug/crash logs).
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote:I'm having huge stability issues though. The 64bit Win VST2 version at least crashes Reaper v5.112 immediately when you tweak the 'character' knob above 13. It literally kills Reaper instantly. Boom. Back to desktop without any error message what-so-ever. This is the first plugin I've ever encountered that does this
A fix for this is under preparation.

Yes bmanic it sounds good. This company have rather special products actually. They all sound great. I can't wait for a crash fix so I can do thorough testing :)

Ps I have 2 macs, 5 daws, and two different Mac OS versions, and have plenty of time to test.. Can give you top references from other devs if you decide to consider me a tester.. I am incredibly thorough :) actually true the 90 seconds isn't so bad, I guess it frustrated me this time cause it kept crashing when trying to reset. Also did you manage to reproduce the stereo link bug?

Update to V1.1:
- ISP crash fixed
- latency reduced for non-OS modes
- meter ballistics changed

Update to V1.2.0
- GUI Refresh
- TP measurement: CPU usage reduced
- Plugin delay reduced for 2xOS

The new GUI is :o Awesome!

Can't wait to try this out!

+1 sweet GUI.

MogwaiBoy wrote:The new GUI is :o Awesome!
Thank you for this. Will be forwarded...

Damn. I love this GUI so much lol. This might be the best looking plugin I've ever seen. Now that I think about it why don't more plugins look this slick?

A+ effort on aesthetics. I'll try it out later.
Snare drums samples: the new and improved "dither algo"

rifftrax wrote:Damn. I love this GUI so much lol. This might be the best looking plugin I've ever seen.
Thank you for this :wink:

Return to “Effects”